forum

DOTA 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
Soulclenz
Hmmm, won't lie, I didn't see the Phoenix addition coming. Now I'm more excited.
Magicphoenix

Soulclenz wrote:

Hmmm, won't lie, I didn't see the Phoenix addition coming. Now I'm more excited.
You mean Terrorblade ? :D
Fuck yes, he's finally here. Top 3 favorite DotA heroes hands down

ed : oops ! Not up to date! WTF :D
but it fits to the event !
Soulclenz

Magicphoenix wrote:

Soulclenz wrote:

You mean Terrorblade ? :D
Fuck yes, he's finally here. Top 3 favorite DotA heroes hands down

ed : oops ! Not up to date! WTF :D
but it fits to the event !
hehe. Yeah I'm excited for Terrorblade too =p. Not sure how much use I will get out of him though since I'm mainly a hard carry player.
Pizzicato

Soulclenz wrote:

i want my winter wyvern

valve dont port zet pls
yeahyeahyeahhh
Few things I think about this patch:

1. I think Drow with her new silence is much more viable in the pro scene. She's seen a few appearances notably from DK, but still not much. With her new silence, it's SO much easier to land multiple hero (3+) silence. It's decently wide and goes out pretty far. I don't think she's gunna be a top pick, but all these little changes shes been getting over the past few patches I think are pushing her in a good spot.

2. I think Phoenix, despite what le reddit army says, has a decent shot at comp play. He's not his problem self from patches ago. I think he's very balanced now though. I'm not sure what lane pro would put him in, but I feel he can play all 3 lanes well. He has good primary stat gain and has a nice range/attack animation (his backswing feels better when compared to Dota 1 in Dota 2). He's also a ranged strength hero, which is always nice. Offlane he can harass with his spirits just fine and has his dive to escape ganks. Mid same and can contest runes very easily with dive. And as a support he can harass VERY well from afar. I think ATM his attack slow is VERY undervalued by a bunch of players. As max level 140 attack slow is RETARDED. Only problem is towards the later game his abilities aren't what some heroes are (ex. Visage as a support). Since most his abilities are DOTs they're really good in the early/laning stage but when you get to that late-mid/late game, burst damage is much more valued. I think his ult though still puts him in a good position to force enemies to run, fight him, or take a teamfight that can end badly for them.

edit: another problem I forgot to mention with Phoenix is that his spells CD are higher than most. I think if he does need future buffs, this would be the correct area.
Te Amo
Soulclenz

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

Few things I think about this patch:

1. I think Drow with her new silence is much more viable in the pro scene. She's seen a few appearances notably from DK, but still not much. With her new silence, it's SO much easier to land multiple hero (3+) silence. It's decently wide and goes out pretty far. I don't think she's gunna be a top pick, but all these little changes shes been getting over the past few patches I think are pushing her in a good spot.

2. I think Phoenix, despite what le reddit army says, has a decent shot at comp play. He's not his problem self from patches ago. I think he's very balanced now though. I'm not sure what lane pro would put him in, but I feel he can play all 3 lanes well. He has good primary stat gain and has a nice range/attack animation (his backswing feels better when compared to Dota 1 in Dota 2). He's also a ranged strength hero, which is always nice. Offlane he can harass with his spirits just fine and has his dive to escape ganks. Mid same and can contest runes very easily with dive. And as a support he can harass VERY well from afar. I think ATM his attack slow is VERY undervalued by a bunch of players. As max level 140 attack slow is RETARDED. Only problem is towards the later game his abilities aren't what some heroes are (ex. Visage as a support). Since most his abilities are DOTs they're really good in the early/laning stage but when you get to that late-mid/late game, burst damage is much more valued. I think his ult though still puts him in a good position to force enemies to run, fight him, or take a teamfight that can end badly for them.

edit: another problem I forgot to mention with Phoenix is that his spells CD are higher than most. I think if he does need future buffs, this would be the correct area.
I agree with this post, the hero overall is quite comfy to play in this current patch.

But I'm a bit confused as to how he can contest runes with his dive, since it orbits him back to the start point, unless he is stunned or you ult. Or is his slow and harass enough to scare the opposing mid lane to retreat from getting the runes?

Perhaps I am missing how he works entirely, I don't have much experience in playing him.
bmin11
You can stop mid way through your dive.

He looks fun, but I never ever had any experience with him, so I feel like I'm watching Earth Spirit all over again.
Soulclenz

bmin11 wrote:

He looks fun, but I never ever had any experience with him, so I feel like I'm watching Earth Spirit all over again.
Ahhh ok. I just noticed you can cancel it by hitting Q again, I'm an idiot apparently!
Kurogamii
tried play terrorblade
yep, amusing as always.....
the only thing make me disappointed is his skill "Reflection". Only can used for one heroes, not area skill :(
dNextGen

Pizzicato wrote:

ehmehgehd
enigma/magnus + Lion

Kreygasm
Soulclenz

Kurogamii wrote:

tried play terrorblade
the only thing make me disappointed is his skill "Reflection". Only can used for one heroes, not area skill :(
ahah, if you could spawn enemy illusions in an AoE he would be insanely strong xD.
Kurogamii

Soulclenz wrote:

ahah, if you could spawn enemy illusions in an AoE he would be insanely strong xD.
inb4 he can (DotA in Warcraft III)
Soulclenz

Kurogamii wrote:

Soulclenz wrote:

inb4 he can (DotA in Warcraft III)
Oh. Well I haven't touched WC3 since I was a kid pretty much.
bmin11

Soulclenz wrote:

Kurogamii wrote:

tried play terrorblade
That would be like Dark Seer ult
Soulclenz
Sure, but DS ult requires a bit of placement and has a long CD to go with it =p.
Tshemmp
Oh wait, so his Reflection isn't AoE anymore? I totally missed that change... But I remember when this skill was introduced to replace his lifesteal it was OP as hell.

I also laned against Phoenix today, his AS slow is so annoying, you can't trade with him at all when he uses it.
Does anybody know if illusions can help killing his egg?
Pizzicato

Soulclenz wrote:

Kurogamii wrote:

tried play terrorblade
it was AoE before. it was so OP it dominated any trilane

i have a few questions here

are we playing 6.80?
meepo's ult at lv4?
was lycan buffed in any way at all? he destroyed our whole team alone .-.

one last thing. is this LoD? http://puu.sh/6E8Hv.jpg
Tshemmp
yes
yes
the wolves invis and hp regen got a little bit buffed, but nothing really major
yes, but the pool which you can draft your abilities from is smaller than LoD (only the skills of 10+2 heroes)
Pizzicato
yeahyeahyeahhh

bmin11 wrote:

You could, technically, pick up the rune (assuming you path it correctly) while diving without stopping too though. Much like ES roll or Storm's ball you can pick up runes/use items and such while doing it.

Tshemmp wrote:

Oh wait, so his Reflection isn't AoE anymore? I totally missed that change... But I remember when this skill was introduced to replace his lifesteal it was OP as hell.

I also laned against Phoenix today, his AS slow is so annoying, you can't trade with him at all when he uses it.
Does anybody know if illusions can help killing his egg?
Illusions do not do anything to the egg. The only type are Meepo clones, they can attack the egg.

---

Also, TB will be picked in the current meta, calling it now. IDK how high value of a pick he will be, but he can definitely fit in. His spilt push is so insane and he can do so much DPS at lvl 3. Meta form is so fucking strong. I never really thought to get a radiance on him but after watching rtz and other do it it seems completely viable.
yeahyeahyeahhh
In other news, I just broke a 13 game losing streak, YES! From 4.8k MMR to 4.5k :( I was so close to 4.9k T_T
EineKrone

Pizzicato wrote:

Not sure what amazes me most, the killing, or the fact that the killing is being done by someone called "fuwa fuwa time".
Soulclenz

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

In other news, I just broke a 13 game losing streak, YES! From 4.8k MMR to 4.5k :( I was so close to 4.9k T_T
Ouch dude. It's ok my record is 11, but that was before ranked matches were implemented =x.
yeahyeahyeahhh
5 of those 13 games were LP (my keyboard died with shift input registered as the last keystroke so I couldn't do anything) so I only lost 8 ranked games :)

But I've won 5 in a row now.
Soulclenz

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

5 of those 13 games were LP (my keyboard died with shift input registered as the last keystroke so I couldn't do anything) so I only lost 8 ranked games :)

Good, keep it up! I'm currently on a suprisingly smooth road to 4100, but I haven't had much time to play ranked this week due to all my friends wanting to play games. (and as much as I love them, they suck at dota =x)
druidxd

Soulclenz wrote:

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

Good, keep it up! I'm currently on a suprisingly smooth road to 4100, but I haven't had much time to play ranked this week due to all my friends wanting to play games. (and as much as I love them, they suck at dota =x)
I stopped playing ranked when there were a lot of ES and Broodmama abusers, I hope this patch is more balanced, since i'm planning to play ranked nonstop at least until 4,5k (currently solo ranked 4006, party 4070~)
dNextGen
i tried my best but only stuck at like 3,2k

what's the difference between ranked and normal matchmaking anyway

all i see is people in ranked act like they are playing in a competitive professional league not to add that they cries over the smallest thing
Ceph23

dNextGen wrote:

i tried my best but only stuck at like 3,2k

what's the difference between ranked and normal matchmaking anyway

all i see is people in ranked act like they are playing in a competitive professional league not to add that they cries over the smallest thing
I think that's all there is to it really.
Suzoku
the new AD mode is amazing @.@
Soulclenz

Suzoku wrote:

It's fun in moderation, but I prefer actual games.
Remco32

Soulclenz wrote:

Suzoku wrote:

It's fun in moderation, but I prefer actual games.
That is because you hate fun ;)
Pizzicato
i hope valve develops a system where you can place wagers like rares on a lobby match so that assholes wont unfriend + block you if they lose >_>
AdhysA
The new Ability draft gamemode

Imba games with Imba Heros mixed with Imba abilities. The game either results a ass-piercing laughs or pure hatred towards the game's randomizer :3
Backfire

AdhysA wrote:

Imba games with Imba Heros mixed with Imba abilities. The game either results a ass-piercing laughs or pure hatred towards the game's randomizer :3
I picked sniper with overpower and fury swipes. It wasnt a fun game for them.
AdhysA

Backfire wrote:

AdhysA wrote:

I picked sniper with overpower and fury swipes. It wasnt a fun game for them.
at least you had fun XD
NoHitter
Our team for one game:
Dark Seer with Blink, Vacuum, and Black Hole.
Sven with Chain Frost.
Witch Doctor with Magic Missile and Macropyre.
Dazzle with Chakram.
Jakiro (me) with Wraithfire Blast, Ice Path and Mass Serpent Wards.

That was a fun game :)
ursa

NoHitter wrote:

Our team for one game:
Dark Seer with Blink, Vacuum, and Black Hole.
Sven with Chain Frost.
Witch Doctor with Magic Missile and Macropyre.
Dazzle with Chakram.
Jakiro (me) with Wraithfire Blast, Ice Path and Mass Serpent Wards.

That was a fun game :)
Nukers Everywhere :o
Soulclenz
Ahaha, This year of the beast mode is pretty fun. I think it's my favorite so far.
Triskelion91
I don't have any flamesalt ingots. :(

If I knew they were going to be transferred into gold, I would've played more during the week!
show more