forum

DOTA 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
Soulclenz

excellionn wrote:

that would be surprising since i play on US server :P http://dotabuff.com/players/37191941
Meepo player eh? How rare!
Remonwater
i love meepo :) he is hard at first but he doesnt seem that hard after a decent amount of games. I think in my fist 20 games with him i had like 20% win rate, had people call me worst meepo, shitty meepo, never play meepo again, etc but i got the hang of it after around 25 ish games. however its really easy to counter pick him. like no matter how good you are, if you pick meepo vs earthshaker or timbersaw you'll just get fucked most of the time lol
dNextGen
currently into Visage atm,but i cant into micro management like fellow meepo players/pros
Soulclenz
I will never give up on my Spectre. She always holds a special place in my heart.
Crigget

dNextGen wrote:

currently into Visage atm,but i cant into micro management like fellow meepo players/pros
It's not too difficult with a simple hotkey setup, you don't have to micro each bird individually and you can just tab between them for stuns.
Tetsu_old
Ranked matchmaking is getting better everyday for me.

1 peruvian feeded because he didn't want to play support.
1 Mirana bought 4 boots because...I don't know, wanted to troll because it's cool nowadays I guess.
1 Timber started Ramboing the enemies because he thought we could win easily.
Last picker choosed to random random, he got Sniper even though the rest of the team picked and we already had carries and no supporters.

Games were good today, 6 ranked loses in a row.
Remco32
Queue in Yurp West
Git gud so you aren't paired with retards
Play support yourself for once. It's always a gamble in pubs if your MMR isn't above that of Dendi, that people decide that they hate playing support and pick 4 hard carries.
Soulclenz
Yeah I agree with Remco here. When I queue for a ranked match I will usually support, even though it isn't my role of choice. Most often waiting as long as I can to pick as well.

The only bad ranked match I've encountered was someone randoming Chen and then deciding after we all picked that he couldnt play Chen, and repicked into a Magnus which ended up not doing anything for us. However, the very next match after that one, I was on the opposing team he was on, and was able to beat him on Morphling mwahaha.
Tetsu_old
Tried , EU East, EU West & 'murica East today.

That's what I do. I usually pick support heroes (not only on ranked, on normal too) I pick support or offlane heroes. My top 5 most played heroes are Windrunner, Crystal Maiden, Mirana, Kotl of the light & Warlock after all.

It's not that I care that much about my ranking points, I just didn't enjoyed any of these games I played today (and I'm one of those guys who can enjoy a game even if I lose).

I guess it was just a bad day.
Remco32
Then all that remains is git gud
dNextGen
Tshemmp
Tetsu_old
G-League.
iceiceice too cool for cup.
http://i.imgur.com/mntukzN.jpg
Mercurial

Soulclenz wrote:

I will never give up on my Spectre. She always holds a special place in my heart.
Take your dirty hands off my waifu.
Soulclenz

Mercurial wrote:

Soulclenz wrote:

Take your dirty hands off my waifu.
Sorry, she's all mine =p.
Tshemmp
Anybody else here who signed up for the joinDota League?
Crigget
I think my friend signed us up
dNextGen

S [A] D B O Y S
dNextGen
https://soundcloud.com/kwazimouto/arteezys-rap

cool shit guys,you mustlisten to this
Xylem Beer
2EZ4RTZ
Grunt
soulclenz and mercurial, sorry to say this but spec belongs to me.
Soulclenz

XasdasdX wrote:

Well, seeing as she's able to create copies of herself anywhere she wants, I guess we can all have her?
Crigget

Soulclenz wrote:

XasdasdX wrote:

Well, seeing as she's able to create copies of herself anywhere she wants, I guess we can all have her?
Giggity.
Roxas
Tetsu_old
Manly tears! :(

Ty volvo-chan!
Tshemmp
I LOVE it when a new version comes out, 1000 movement speed for Void in Chronsphere? Finger of Death Agha upgrade is AoE? 6.80 here we come <3 :D
http://www.dota2.com/newbloom/day2
Soulclenz
"-You now lose one gold per second if you haven't picked a hero after the selection timer runs out in All Pick"

This is the only change I care about.
Tshemmp
Remco32

Soulclenz wrote:

"-You now lose one gold per second if you haven't picked a hero after the selection timer runs out in All Pick"

This is the only change I care about.
"pls pause my team is still looking up counters on dotabuff"
Just to pick Riki in a team without supports
Grunt
Time for triple aquila potm strats!
Pizzicato

ehmehgehd
hipppy

Pizzicato wrote:

ehmehgehd
Rip every Leshrac ever
Remco32
How does that affect Lesh?
Soulclenz
Hmmm, won't lie, I didn't see the Phoenix addition coming. Now I'm more excited.
Magicphoenix

Soulclenz wrote:

Hmmm, won't lie, I didn't see the Phoenix addition coming. Now I'm more excited.
You mean Terrorblade ? :D
Fuck yes, he's finally here. Top 3 favorite DotA heroes hands down

ed : oops ! Not up to date! WTF :D
but it fits to the event !
Soulclenz

Magicphoenix wrote:

Soulclenz wrote:

You mean Terrorblade ? :D
Fuck yes, he's finally here. Top 3 favorite DotA heroes hands down

ed : oops ! Not up to date! WTF :D
but it fits to the event !
hehe. Yeah I'm excited for Terrorblade too =p. Not sure how much use I will get out of him though since I'm mainly a hard carry player.
Pizzicato

Soulclenz wrote:

i want my winter wyvern

valve dont port zet pls
yeahyeahyeahhh
Few things I think about this patch:

1. I think Drow with her new silence is much more viable in the pro scene. She's seen a few appearances notably from DK, but still not much. With her new silence, it's SO much easier to land multiple hero (3+) silence. It's decently wide and goes out pretty far. I don't think she's gunna be a top pick, but all these little changes shes been getting over the past few patches I think are pushing her in a good spot.

2. I think Phoenix, despite what le reddit army says, has a decent shot at comp play. He's not his problem self from patches ago. I think he's very balanced now though. I'm not sure what lane pro would put him in, but I feel he can play all 3 lanes well. He has good primary stat gain and has a nice range/attack animation (his backswing feels better when compared to Dota 1 in Dota 2). He's also a ranged strength hero, which is always nice. Offlane he can harass with his spirits just fine and has his dive to escape ganks. Mid same and can contest runes very easily with dive. And as a support he can harass VERY well from afar. I think ATM his attack slow is VERY undervalued by a bunch of players. As max level 140 attack slow is RETARDED. Only problem is towards the later game his abilities aren't what some heroes are (ex. Visage as a support). Since most his abilities are DOTs they're really good in the early/laning stage but when you get to that late-mid/late game, burst damage is much more valued. I think his ult though still puts him in a good position to force enemies to run, fight him, or take a teamfight that can end badly for them.

edit: another problem I forgot to mention with Phoenix is that his spells CD are higher than most. I think if he does need future buffs, this would be the correct area.
Te Amo
Soulclenz

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

Few things I think about this patch:

1. I think Drow with her new silence is much more viable in the pro scene. She's seen a few appearances notably from DK, but still not much. With her new silence, it's SO much easier to land multiple hero (3+) silence. It's decently wide and goes out pretty far. I don't think she's gunna be a top pick, but all these little changes shes been getting over the past few patches I think are pushing her in a good spot.

2. I think Phoenix, despite what le reddit army says, has a decent shot at comp play. He's not his problem self from patches ago. I think he's very balanced now though. I'm not sure what lane pro would put him in, but I feel he can play all 3 lanes well. He has good primary stat gain and has a nice range/attack animation (his backswing feels better when compared to Dota 1 in Dota 2). He's also a ranged strength hero, which is always nice. Offlane he can harass with his spirits just fine and has his dive to escape ganks. Mid same and can contest runes very easily with dive. And as a support he can harass VERY well from afar. I think ATM his attack slow is VERY undervalued by a bunch of players. As max level 140 attack slow is RETARDED. Only problem is towards the later game his abilities aren't what some heroes are (ex. Visage as a support). Since most his abilities are DOTs they're really good in the early/laning stage but when you get to that late-mid/late game, burst damage is much more valued. I think his ult though still puts him in a good position to force enemies to run, fight him, or take a teamfight that can end badly for them.

edit: another problem I forgot to mention with Phoenix is that his spells CD are higher than most. I think if he does need future buffs, this would be the correct area.
I agree with this post, the hero overall is quite comfy to play in this current patch.

But I'm a bit confused as to how he can contest runes with his dive, since it orbits him back to the start point, unless he is stunned or you ult. Or is his slow and harass enough to scare the opposing mid lane to retreat from getting the runes?

Perhaps I am missing how he works entirely, I don't have much experience in playing him.
show more