forum

DOTA 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
Magicphoenix

ChuTwo wrote:

Should I try playing DOTA 2 when I'm Bronze 4 on League of Legends?
Skill has nothing to do with allowance to enjoy a game.
I'd personally say, go for it !
yeahyeahyeahhh

ChuTwo wrote:

Why would your skill in one game determine if your should play a different game or not? There will always be "Bronze" players no matter what game you play.
Wishy
You can actually do pretty well in LoL if you are good at DotA, the only real problem is that you have no idea what each hero/item, but the rest is quite easy, something similar should happen on the opposite case (LoL to DotA), not quite the same since DotA is way more complex than League, but some of the basics are the same. IIRC Dendi switched to LoL back then and got like #3 on ladder in a month or so.
Grunt
yeahyeahyeahhh
Speed without RTZ seems so bad.
dNextGen
i feel the same way

although i cant watch the game since Twitch wont load at all for me T_T

anyone have similiar problem ?
rzkadi

dNextGen wrote:

i feel the same way

although i cant watch the game since Twitch wont load at all for me T_T

anyone have similiar problem ?
same here :( it seems the problem is on our internet provider
Tshemmp
Twitch doesn't load for me either. -.-*
rzkadi
owait.. so it isn't just the two of us lol
Pizzicato
i'm capped ffs
but before that twitch was working for me just fine

ChuTwo wrote:

go try. it depends to you if you wanna stay or go back to LoL
stuffycatz
DK vs iG in both finals of wpc and gleague.
My rares on DK.
Wishy
I must say this ranked matchmaking actually seems to be working, time to play again. What's a decent rating? I've seen some pros around 5.8k~6k but no idea what's high or low.
Mikey

Wishy wrote:

I must say this ranked matchmaking actually seems to be working, time to play again. What's a decent rating? I've seen some pros around 5.8k~6k but no idea what's high or low.
4k is decent. 4.6k + is pretty high. 6k is earthspirit abusers
Tetsu_old
B-GODDDDDDDDDDDDD. What a win! From 3-0 to 3-4, 4 straight wins. Burning is Jaedong of Dota 2.

http://gfycat.com/ObviousHugeIndianrhinoceros

SingSing:"With 5000 mmr, in China you play vs. iG and in Europe with 5000 you play with Weppas and some shit." lmao
Tshemmp

Wishy wrote:

From http://blog.dota2.com/2013/12/matchmaking/

5% 1100
10% 1500
25% 2000
50% 2250
75% 2731
90% 3200
95% 3900
99% 4100
This means if you have 3200 rating you are better than 90% of all players (accounts).

This is for normal matchmaking though, for ranked all numbers should be a bit higher.
Pizzicato
damn i'm still TBD lol
druidxd

Pizzicato wrote:

damn i'm still TBD lol
The Best Doto
dNextGen
maaan Visage is such a fun kill stealing machine D: ,wat a hero

i cant the only dude that thinks there are no difference between normal matchmaking and ranked one
Roxas

Pizzicato wrote:

damn i'm still TBD lol
Soulclenz

dNextGen wrote:

i cant the only dude that thinks there are no difference between normal matchmaking and ranked one
well there isn't really any difference, just one is more "official" and you look super cool if you do well.
Remonwater
S A D B O Y S
Grunt

excellionn wrote:

S A D B O Y S
I think I've played with you at some point..
Crigget

Soulclenz wrote:

dNextGen wrote:

well there isn't really any difference, just one is more "official" and you look super cool if you do well.
People are generally more tryhard in ranked, in my experience.
Magicphoenix
RMM in a nutshell :
Earth Spirit
Slark
(Legion Commander)
Broodmother

Team with the most heroes of the listed wins.

First casual match in a while :
Bloodseeker
Huskar
Omniknight

I fucking love casual lol
(Yet I always grind Solo MMR = =')
Tshemmp
If you queue for ranked captains draft you can still get interesting team compositions.
Remonwater

XasdasdX wrote:

excellionn wrote:

S A D B O Y S
I think I've played with you at some point..
that would be surprising since i play on US server :P http://dotabuff.com/players/37191941
Soulclenz

excellionn wrote:

that would be surprising since i play on US server :P http://dotabuff.com/players/37191941
Meepo player eh? How rare!
Remonwater
i love meepo :) he is hard at first but he doesnt seem that hard after a decent amount of games. I think in my fist 20 games with him i had like 20% win rate, had people call me worst meepo, shitty meepo, never play meepo again, etc but i got the hang of it after around 25 ish games. however its really easy to counter pick him. like no matter how good you are, if you pick meepo vs earthshaker or timbersaw you'll just get fucked most of the time lol
dNextGen
currently into Visage atm,but i cant into micro management like fellow meepo players/pros
Soulclenz
I will never give up on my Spectre. She always holds a special place in my heart.
Crigget

dNextGen wrote:

currently into Visage atm,but i cant into micro management like fellow meepo players/pros
It's not too difficult with a simple hotkey setup, you don't have to micro each bird individually and you can just tab between them for stuns.
Tetsu_old
Ranked matchmaking is getting better everyday for me.

1 peruvian feeded because he didn't want to play support.
1 Mirana bought 4 boots because...I don't know, wanted to troll because it's cool nowadays I guess.
1 Timber started Ramboing the enemies because he thought we could win easily.
Last picker choosed to random random, he got Sniper even though the rest of the team picked and we already had carries and no supporters.

Games were good today, 6 ranked loses in a row.
Remco32
Queue in Yurp West
Git gud so you aren't paired with retards
Play support yourself for once. It's always a gamble in pubs if your MMR isn't above that of Dendi, that people decide that they hate playing support and pick 4 hard carries.
Soulclenz
Yeah I agree with Remco here. When I queue for a ranked match I will usually support, even though it isn't my role of choice. Most often waiting as long as I can to pick as well.

The only bad ranked match I've encountered was someone randoming Chen and then deciding after we all picked that he couldnt play Chen, and repicked into a Magnus which ended up not doing anything for us. However, the very next match after that one, I was on the opposing team he was on, and was able to beat him on Morphling mwahaha.
Tetsu_old
Tried , EU East, EU West & 'murica East today.

That's what I do. I usually pick support heroes (not only on ranked, on normal too) I pick support or offlane heroes. My top 5 most played heroes are Windrunner, Crystal Maiden, Mirana, Kotl of the light & Warlock after all.

It's not that I care that much about my ranking points, I just didn't enjoyed any of these games I played today (and I'm one of those guys who can enjoy a game even if I lose).

I guess it was just a bad day.
Remco32
Then all that remains is git gud
dNextGen
Tshemmp
Tetsu_old
G-League.
iceiceice too cool for cup.
http://i.imgur.com/mntukzN.jpg
Mercurial

Soulclenz wrote:

I will never give up on my Spectre. She always holds a special place in my heart.
Take your dirty hands off my waifu.
show more