forum

DOTA 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
Wishy
Na'Vi's roster is unlikely to change. KuroKy is friends with Puppey, Funn1k is friends with Dendi I think or something. From what I've heard XBOCT was mad because KuroKy called the GG instead of Puppey on the first game, he actually did this because XBOCT was getting mad already and the game was lost, so there was no point on getting even more mad by playing a lost game (better get your mate flame you for a few minutes and then calm down than have him go nuts because of a lost game). Also he said that he didn't like the fact that they can't speak russian because of obvious reasons.

Doubt they'll change it tho, they did great on the tournament, somehow outplayed Alliance (to my surprise) but yeah Na'Vi throws, that's how they are.
Magicphoenix
source?
Also, chinese mentality :
post TI2 - lol, we bosses, don't care 'bout Western teams
post G-1 League - lol, we weren't prepared, don't care 'bout Western teams
post Alienware Cup - lol, weren't prepared again
post TI3 - Lol. We suck.
dNextGen
rofl they think placing #4 on TI is bad

another reason why i only <3 SEA and CIS doto
Pizzicato

so i got this item last match
dNextGen
i got that aswell,is that thing any special ?
Pizzicato
just look at it. lol
Backfire
Apparently the Chinese are blaming the organizers for tourneys over there, ACE. There was like 5 big chinese tourneys, compared to the 20+ last year and 30+ the year before.

Certain teams aren't allowed to participate in smaller tourneys which created stagnation. The chinese had a mentality that they were "the best" so they didn't give a shit. The chinese teams only scrim with like 4-5 of each other so they know how to play with each other.

The chinese also have no high risk, high reward type players except for DK who did have some inventive strategies throughout the tourney, rotk is the x-factor there though. This is pretty much why the china vs. china was always slow, "boring" games.

They need to pick up the pace and participate in more tournaments if they wanna do good next year, because the Westies play a hell of a lot more in a competitive enviroment and learn just as fast.
dNextGen
apparently XBOCT can farm 900 gpm+ like burning does in TI3

also how much does this Cauldron thing worth ?

i hope im not a retard for putting this in d2l

Roxas

dNextGen wrote:

Trading the immortal compendium gift I think it's not a good thing
btw OMG I WANT PUCK'S WINGS ASIHDPASUPIDBNSA
Mercurial

dNextGen wrote:

Overall, hi.

This offer is really retarded, an Immortal Cauldron is 2 keys worth while that Shitty Sword is only 1k worth.

And yeah... Virtus.throw now is lacking of Mid, Offlaner and Carry... yep.

Fuck yes, good bye.
Remco32

Pizzicato wrote:

so i got this item last match
Post it on your personal blog!
Xylem Beer
The teams' reshuffle is slowly starting to begin :D

VP kicked 3, and RTZ leaves Kaipi inb4 Singsing

I hope Light plays with AA again though :)
rzkadi
light wont be going anywhere for a while though. empire pays a lot to get LoH as their roster
dNextGen
i wanna see Empire back on track again tbh

they pulled some crazy shit when Silent and Funn1k was on the team
Roxas
Someone has fashion of yoskreth here? :(
Pizzicato
I have zero knowledge about trading and I got kunkha's whale blade and I don't know how much it would cost in terms of money. May I ask how much? in USD :3
rzkadi
it cost around 6 key iirc
Hiryuu_old
*cough* OT from the standard talk we got here atm, anyhow..a question on my behalf that, is anyone interested in q'ing up sometimes together? I'm slightly getting tired of greifers and people who do not understand common sense and the English language in the US/EU servers. If anyone interested, hitmeup~
Roxas
You mean, playing? I agree! :D

@Pizzicato: When you don't know a value of an item, just check here! http://dota2prices.com/equipment/
The Whale Blade costs 5-6 keys :)

Btw, I would buy the Alpha Predator set for Nyx... 6€ is a good price for you? ToT
Remco32

ShinseinaTenshi wrote:

*cough* OT from the standard talk we got here atm, anyhow..a question on my behalf that, is anyone interested in q'ing up sometimes together? I'm slightly getting tired of greifers and people who do not understand common sense and the English language in the US/EU servers. If anyone interested, hitmeup~
Sounds fun.
Maybe we should just make a osu! chat channel in the game which we all join?
Icyteru
>why the fuck does immortal item cost similar to the compendium
Pizzicato
holy shit 6 keys
2 uncommon/rare sets \:D/
dNextGen

[AirCoN] wrote:

>why the fuck does immortal item cost similar to the compendium
because people are greedy
Tetsu_old
Holy shit Sylar... :(
Magicphoenix
Sylar says he knows LGD was gonna kick him anyway, that's why he prematurely left the team.
Problem lied within xiao8 in my eyes though. For a few months already, his performance is really nowhere near the lower average
dNextGen

Magicphoenix wrote:

Problem lied within xiao8 in my eyes though
in everyone's eyes*
xsrsbsns
Remco32
There's now an ingame chatroom called 'osu!'
dNextGen

xsrsbsns wrote:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=425909

hahaha jesus i love this guy
dear god,Navi fanboi everywhere,it's a cool interview but the comment section are filled with Navi fanboi going fullforce just because LoH mentioned the fountain hook thing
Wishy
Most people will love Na'Vi until another entertaining-to-watch teams rises up, Alliance is good but they pick always the same thing and never do anything that crazy... at least that's how I feel it.
Pizzicato
Wishy
Just read the LoH interview and OH MY GOD he really is butt-hurt, or is he just being sarcastic? Maybe I misunderstood something but I get the feeling he is kind of regretting leaving the team.

I really like the fact that he calls pretty all teams "trash", which is so true when you think about it. Alliance played with the same heroes for ages, no one really adapted or figured out that banning them = you can beat them (well Puppey did...), Chinese teams are pathetic, etc.

I didn't really watch TI2 so someone give me some insight, how come Asian teams conquered that tournament playing like that?
rzkadi

Dear Loh

it's not just in SC2, its happening in here as well...

Wishy wrote:

Just read the LoH interview and OH MY GOD he really is butt-hurt, or is he just being sarcastic? Maybe I misunderstood something but I get the feeling he is kind of regretting leaving the team.

I really like the fact that he calls pretty all teams "trash", which is so true when you think about it. Alliance played with the same heroes for ages, no one really adapted or figured out that banning them = you can beat them (well Puppey did...), Chinese teams are pathetic, etc.

I didn't really watch TI2 so someone give me some insight, how come Asian teams conquered that tournament playing like that?
chinese teams in TI2 used to be more flawless when its comes to ganking and clash, that's why they conquered the international 2012
dNextGen

Wishy wrote:

he is being sarcastic,read the disclaimer
Tetsu_old

Wishy wrote:

Alliance is good but they pick always the same thing and never do anything that crazy... at least that's how I feel it.
That's not true. Alliance can pick heroes that other teams are afraid of doing that. Like Night Stalker pick for example at TI3, Phantom Assassin + Wisp combo was another good pick they did in their last tournament.

Alliance, Zenith and Orange are teams that you can expect some crazy picks.

P.S. Top interview from LightOfHeaven, great guy. Good to know that he mentioned Vici, the team has great potential.
Top comment.

M: You once said that when you lose you feel happy for your opponent.
LoH: I feel happy about the fact that I see people who are doing something better than me and I have someone to learn from.
Edit: A big lol at some comments at Liquid.
rzkadi
i want to see yaphets/PIS in dota 2 competitive scene so badly
Magicphoenix
Me not. He's mentally a little pampered kid. Left his team that he created after ragequit in a scrim lol
Wishy

rzkadi wrote:

chinese teams in TI2 used to be more flawless when its comes to ganking and clash, that's why they conquered the international 2012
The last games I watched from the Chinese being "the best" was IG vs LGD.int, and tbh even when I got impressed a lot by them back then, now that I saw them play against western teams it was like "oh right, they just know how to play each other since they are both teams that just farm for 100 minutes".

Gonna try to watch some TI2 games anyways, see if I can notice what you said.

Tetsu wrote:

That's not true. Alliance can pick heroes that other teams are afraid of doing that. Like Night Stalker pick for example at TI3, Phantom Assassin + Wisp combo was another good pick they did in their last tournament.

Alliance, Zenith and Orange are teams that you can expect some crazy picks.

Edit: A big lol at some comments at Liquid.
Night Stalker pick was bad, they did not even win by their own plays, Dendi explained on an interview how they had that game in their pocket and they basically gave it away by fighting as 5 on bot T2 during the first night. There are a lot of "good heroes" that are not picked at all, and there is a reason for that, people knows how to defeat them, either that or they are not good enough.

I remember watching Wisp + Mortred on some games, but iirc they were mostly on random tournaments against lower tier teams, so I wouldn't really give them any praise for it, any top team could pick some shit against worse teams and still come ahead. All I say is Alliance isn't that fun to watch because their basic line up is always the exact same thing. Even LoH points out how dumb every team was being that they didn't even try to adapt, you had a top team picking from a pool of 5~9 heroes, which of course are all top tier, why don't you ban those and try to pick based on their picks instead of getting your usual line up + banning random shit they are not gonna use anyways?

Again, just to clarify, not saying Alliance is bad, they are indeed one of the best 3 teams in the world right now (I still feel like watching Orange vs Alliance) but I still find them boring to watch, all they did was find an epic line up that no one adapted to, except for one team that gave away 2 games by themselves.
Tetsu_old
My mistake, I shouldn't have say "was another good pick". You said "they pick always the same thing" that's why I mentioned NS and not if he was good or bad pick.
They have picked Phantom Assassin not on a random tournament (G-1 league) and not against low tier team (Orange) too and she was the best hero in the game. They didn't even picked Wisp to buff Phantom Assassin on that game.

Still I believe that Alliance doesn't pick the same thing (except the heroes for Bulldog) if you compare their picks to other teams and definitely not as boring as the half of the teams that were at TI3.
And before anyone call me an Alliance boy, I would rather watch teams 4 Friends + Chrille or First Departure than Alliance lawl.
dNextGen
i'd rather watch Kaipi

the only team that pick space cow on tourneys
show more