forum

DOTA 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
Magicphoenix
Also, those who are still struggling with creep equilibirum, try to prioritize denying over last hitting.
If both are last hittable at once though, get the money of course.
Keep in mind though that, when your support is stacking and/or pulling, the equilibrium will eventually land at the enemy tower bit by bit, so don't panic and think you've gone wrong somewhere. If you have the feeling you did your best keeping the equi., it's probably alright.

+ If you're last hitting under the tower, always quickly click on the 1 creep that's being attacked and calculate for yourself if you have to hit it once before last hit or if you can just let tower hit it until you can last it.
The tower deals ~95 damage and as the average carry you should have 55-60 dmg. Meaning that if the creep's got 255 hp, you should probably hit it once to get the last hit. If the creep's got 288 hp, you should just wait for the 3 hits to come from the tower. Keep in mind that sometimes the creep regenerates by ~6 hp at times so just keep the camera on the creep a bit longer to see if he regens. This does not happen too often though, but you never know. It mightve been the 50 gold to buy you boots for your escape.

If you got Faceless Void + Quelling Blade, please slap yourself for every last hit you don't get when freefarming
dNextGen
its hard to farm with void

he is squishy as hell and stuff,i always got the hard lane whenever i play void because #Seadoto
Tetsu_old
Lawl.
dNextGen

i did this one with Naix and it work wonders

still stuck at 608 gpm though,clearly naix not the best farmer

Tetsu wrote:

Lawl.
lol TC is the only dude with a decent face
Pizzicato
i'll never be a good farmer. my peak is 528 gpm :l
Soulclenz

dNextGen wrote:

its hard to farm with void

he is squishy as hell and stuff,i always got the hard lane whenever i play void because #Seadoto
you should stop playing Void and start playing Spectre =p.

With her zoom zoom build (phase boots, drums and yasha) you can really focus on creep killing, and also not leave your team high and dry should a fight break out. Her dagger will let you effortlessly stack camps, escape/chase if heroes are coming for you, and the move speed +tree/cliff walking is great for quickly getting around the jungle and lanes.

I have been practising the living hell out of this build in solo pubs and with my team and I definitely recommend it. Although i am slightly biased since i just love spectre.
Magicphoenix
My Spectre build :
PMS
Phase
Magic Wand
Drums
Vit Booster
Radiance/diffu (+ manta)
HoT/situational luxuries

pretty strong stuff if u ask me
dNextGen

Soulclenz wrote:

you should stop playing Void and start playing Spectre =p.

With her zoom zoom build (phase boots, drums and yasha) you can really focus on creep killing, and also not leave your team high and dry should a fight break out. Her dagger will let you effortlessly stack camps, escape/chase if heroes are coming for you, and the move speed +tree/cliff walking is great for quickly getting around the jungle and lanes.

I have been practising the living hell out of this build in solo pubs and with my team and I definitely recommend it. Although i am slightly biased since i just love spectre.
http://dotabuff.com/players/83562211/records

yeah Spectre is good for Asisst hero

i might play her again when i got the Blade from the TI3 chest

Magicphoenix wrote:

My Spectre build :
PMS
Phase
Magic Wand
Drums
Vit Booster
Radiance/diffu (+ manta)
HoT/situational luxuries

pretty strong stuff if u ask me
people still buuild Radiance on Spectre ?

i thot it was outdated
Magicphoenix
The difference is that you don't go it first item anymore so you actually have midgame potential.
Radiance also has more dmg since the new patch so it's not too 'fing bad.
Also, with the Spectre buff (the illusions still stay even after Spectre tps in) it's a lot lot more effective.
Not to forget the farming ability and damage that is never bad for you.
Soulclenz
Yeah radiance works still if you can get it in time. I can't recall the last time I personally have ever built a radiance though.

My build is similar to Magic's except I opt the more risky build and go;
Phase
Wand
Drums
Yasha
Diffusal
Manta

Depending on the opposing team, I will either build an AC, Bfly, daed or MKB. I just don't see a need for high hp, but this is my personal preference.
dNextGen
lol i was a fgt i build Tread on Spectre

what about Skill build ? i max dagger 1st because its good for Kill securing

i still dont know how to farm fast without going to stay in the jungle though,so i only play carry heroes such Weaver/PA

might be weird but PA aint that farm dependant in my opinion,Phase and Battlefury alone is enough to finish the game fast
Magicphoenix
When I play PA :
Go to lane.
Farm.
Rotate lane.
Farm.
Farm Ancient stack.
Rotate lane.
Farm.
End game.

Spectre skill build :
1 Dagger
2 Desolate
3 Dagger
-> max Dagger by 7
-> max Desolate
-> max Disperson
Soulclenz

dNextGen wrote:

lol i was a fgt i build Tread on Spectre

what about Skill build ? i max dagger 1st because its good for Kill securing

i still dont know how to farm fast without going to stay in the jungle though,so i only play carry heroes such Weaver/PA

might be weird but PA aint that farm dependant in my opinion,Phase and Battlefury alone is enough to finish the game fast
My skill build on spectre is Q,W,Q,W,Q,R,Q,W,W,E,R,E,E,E and then stats and last point in R of course.

It's true, PA is deadly even without much farm but you of course are insanely easy to kill without it. I'm one of those odd players that very rarely if ever gets a bfury, on PA i just bypass it for the yasha and BKB so i have an easier time staying alive, Coupe De Grace does most of the work yes, but having more farm will just push that number higher and higher (obviously).
rzkadi
when i was playing spectre i never take desolate on early game, and i prefer more tanky build on spec because i love to rush in when the clash happen.

my skill build on spectre is Q,E,Q,E,Q,R,Q,E,E,W,R,W,W,W,stats point,R.

for my item build it's not much differ from clenz and phoenix.

-phase boots(core items)
-midas(situational)
-yasha(core items)
-blade mail(core items)
-bkb (situational)
-manta/sangyash(situational)
-diffu(situational)
-HoT(core items)
-Radiance/butterfly (depends on situation)

radiance/butterfly is a must, because this item is my main damage source of this build
for midas you can go by this if you rarely being targeted and got free farm all the way, its obviously can provide some decent gold and exp too
Soulclenz

rzkadi wrote:

when i was playing spectre i never take desolate on early game, and i prefer tanky build on spec because i love to rush in when the clash happen.

my skill build on spectre is Q,E,Q,E,Q,R,Q,E,E,W,R,W,W,W,stats point,R.

for my item build it's not much differ from clenz and phoenix.

-phase boots
-yasha
-blade mail
-bkb (if needed)
-manta/sangyash
-HoT
-Radiance/butterfly (depends on situation)
Ahhh see, that build can work, but it strains your team quite a bit. The beauty about maxing desolate out early is that if a team fight ensues, just pushing R will deal significantly more damage than if your dispersion was maxed. Desolate will also make short work of a fleeing support as well.

In order for dispersion to be fully effective, you need to be able to take quite a bit of damage, and early game level 1 illusions from Spectre's haunt will pretty much die if someone even looks at them, especially with phase boots/yasha.

with Drums before Yasha, when you're in your dagger path and phase boots are popped, you move 1 speed less than runespeed I believe.
Soulclenz
Alliance stomping orange with Ursa, holy moly.
rzkadi
all hail mufc !!!
Tetsu_old

dNextGen wrote:

Yeap, she doesn't need that much farm if you compare her to other carries. In DotA (Warcraft 3) few years ago, when I could farm a few minutes without getting ganked, the first item I was buying in most cases was Butterfly if my opponents had picked heroes like Drow Ranger, Terrorblade, Anti-Mage, Void etc. There was a trick to make her evasion (3rd skill) stack with Butterfly's evasion. Not to mention that the only think you could see was her shadow if her Evasion was on max level.

Good results for DK, didn't expect that after the results of the last 2 tournaments.
Let's hope BurNing can do something amazing at this tournament since it's his last.
P.S. BurNing your soul.
bmin11
rzkadi
alliance do it again...

srsly in this year international west teams comes out with more unique strat and pick, besides east teams still play as monotone as ever. not much change from TI2012, but more reckless imo, or maybe they was just saving strat for the main event? who knows

and also dendi's pudge never cease to amaze me, even LGD are desperate facing his pudge.
Icyteru
Refresher orb of venom/diffusal and radiance is fucking ridiculous for spectre. Its better than refresher aghas warlock in teamfights
Pizzicato

qq LGD

na`vi vs [A] pls pls pls
Soulclenz
Exciting times ahead, can't wait until it's all on the mainstage and we have the crowd cheering along with the casters screaming.
dNextGen
matchmaking getting more horrible as hell

last 24 hours i've been getting leaver on every fucking single game i played,and sadly theyre always on my team

Magicphoenix
I personally would've kept the rosh-bait strat for playoffs because of obvious reasons x_x

+
We certainly have an International audience at least lol :D
Lighty

dNextGen wrote:

but why PHASE ? PT is absolutely better than phase at mortred cuz you have blink and slow. Also mortred's AS isn't enough to get 100% crit even with blink.
Also guys don't you know does toss work if smb tp to base ?
dNextGen
just personal preference

i only build Treads on heroes like Weaver/Slark nowdays
Tshemmp

Lighty wrote:

dNextGen wrote:

but why PHASE ? PT is absolutely better than phase at mortred cuz you have blink and slow. Also mortred's AS isn't enough to get 100% crit even with blink.
Phase boots give you very cheap damage which is good for your ulti. Also you don't really need the AS from PT because your blink strike already boosts your AS heavily.
Magicphoenix

Lighty wrote:

dNextGen wrote:

You need to be slammin' not slappin' 'coz blink gives you so much attack speed already.
+ she kinda needs mobility
Pizzicato

dNextGen wrote:

last 24 hours i've been getting leaver on every fucking single game i played,and sadly theyre always on my team

there are times that you need to stop grinding xD
Lighty

Magicphoenix wrote:

'coz blink gives you so much attack speed already.
+ she kinda needs mobility
Only for 4 hits :<
Magicphoenix
yeah and then you can just hit them a few times more if they aren't already dead by then.
She doesn't sit in fight and hits, she jumps to a person and chases him to death until he dies, specially in early-midgame
Hear damage output with just 1-2 crits which will probably occur during 4-5 hits is very much high enough
rzkadi
guys i wanna hear your opinion about IO skill build and item build. i do have my own build but still, i didnt get any hint to play IO decently :(
Pizzicato

won't get overcharge till i got a healing item
rzkadi
for item build? do you go full support or half carry?
Pizzicato

rzkadi wrote:

for item build? do you go full support or half carry?
soul ring -> urn -> meka -> perseverance -> bloodstone are cores. i get them no matter what

for luxury, if pure support i'd go for a force staff and drums. For a half-support and a potential side hitter, i'd go for heaven's halberd (the only decent damage item for wisp imo)

what's a wisp half-carry
dNextGen

Pizzicato wrote:

dNextGen wrote:

there are times that you need to stop grinding xD
yeah dude pls play with me

i only have like 3 good pinoy friends and they're rarely on anymore

so sad
Soulclenz
In regards to phase over treads on a hero like PA, right now the name of the game for carry heroes is move speed, and more move speed. Don't forget too that phase lets you unitwalk, and if you're a smart carry you will always try to stutter step your attacks or move in front of your target to block them and mess up their retreat which buys time for allies to assist, should you need it.

Even with phase, an agi carry should be attacking plenty fast enough if you have your core items made.
rzkadi

Pizzicato wrote:

soul ring -> urn -> meka -> perseverance -> bloodstone are cores. i get them no matter what

for luxury, if pure support i'd go for a force staff and drums. For a half-support and a potential side hitter, i'd go for heaven's halberd (the only decent damage item for wisp imo)

what's a wisp half-carry
errr.. sorry i mean main carry. i've once played against a team that using IO as their main carry, so at first i thought IO was a carry heroes. his item build is like HoT, boots of travel, sangyash, radiance, helm of dominator, MKB. and he was pretty much dominating the game
Magicphoenix
My wisp build :
Courier/Wards
3x branches
2x clarity
1x tango
1x salve

-> boots
-> urn/wand
-> urn/wand (depending on the action)
-> arcanes
(-> drums)