forum

DOTA 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
Pizzicato
koreans showing greater interest towards dota 2
cant wait to see how this turns out

"It will be interesting to see how Dota 2 will fare in the market dominated by League of Legends."
lol
bmin11
But that is the case. Koreans tend to be conservative and normally stick with the game they play the most.

Through, it would be interesting to see how Koreans will be at Dota 2, considering how dominant they've become in LoL scene.
Tshemmp
They have never really been succesful in DotA but maybe such a big prize pool can make a difference.
dNextGen
lol i feels a bit weaboo after installing this mod

Magicphoenix
how
K, this is definitely the best shit ever lol
holy crap
dNextGen

it makes last hitting a bit easier \:D/
Backfire
Dnex, why would you replace Juggernaut with anything? He is the pimpestest.
dNextGen
i blame the chinese forum who guided me to transform pimpestest nigga into a kawaii saber
Backfire
You are literally EternalEnvy now
Magicphoenix
I tell you what, he literally isn't.

Also, I think most of you know it already but Valve is gonna bring out a new documentary again + DOTA 2 will be officially released before TI3 with most probably Abaddon and Legion Commander added to the hero pool

+
http://www.gosugamers.net/dota2/news/24 ... llegal-bet
NOOB
AHAHAHAHAHA
Pizzicato
ouch
Tetsu_old
Just like SingSing would say:
"Easiest bet of my testicles"
Solo has been banned from all StarLadder competition for lifetime
BzzIsPerfect, Yol, Dread, and dnq have been banned for 3 years
The organisation roX.KIS has been banned for one year.
Also...

joinDOTA is supporting StarLadder's decision completely. Actions like this are unacceptable in any kind of sports. Therefore it's planned to extend the ban to all competitions organized by joinDOTA - including The Defense, Bigpoint Battle, Eizo Cup, jD Masters and more. A final decision will be made after all details are sorted out.
@dNextGen, who is that girl in your avatar? o.O Did you changed your avatar or it's just my idea?
Xylem Beer
They deserve it.
Icyteru
http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1308547

for saber mod. (woah it's been 3 months)

anyway, after every dota 2 update, you need to reapply this patch.
dNextGen

Tetsu wrote:

Just like SingSing would say:
"Easiest bet of my testicles"
Solo has been banned from all StarLadder competition for lifetime
BzzIsPerfect, Yol, Dread, and dnq have been banned for 3 years
The organisation roX.KIS has been banned for one year.
Also...

joinDOTA is supporting StarLadder's decision completely. Actions like this are unacceptable in any kind of sports. Therefore it's planned to extend the ban to all competitions organized by joinDOTA - including The Defense, Bigpoint Battle, Eizo Cup, jD Masters and more. A final decision will be made after all details are sorted out.
@dNextGen, who is that girl in your avatar? o.O Did you changed your avatar or it's just my idea?
yeah i changed it,google "paruru" and you'll find a lot

feel bad for Rox.Kids used to be my fav Rus doto team,time to change fanboism to VP,and apparenly their carry player plays osu! too

isnt that cool
Magicphoenix
Well, his original nickname is Airman ga Taosenai after all, maybe he been playin' and lovin' that map for quite a while :D
Toroguythingymajig
is there anyone who plays in SEA or china server? i'd like to have someone to play with :D
dNextGen
i play mostly in SEA/Aus region,but dunno,im not that kind of a team player :D

anyway this vid is damn funny

Pizzicato
but playing with someone is always fun (unless you're playing with kids)
Tetsu_old
Pure perfection from Alliance in the 3rd game in finals. 20+ kills, 0 deaths.
Great performance from my favourite support player as well, Akke. :D
Xylem Beer
I regularly play on SEA server, but most of the time we're group of 5 players, sometimes we also go to TMMs

Tetsu wrote:

Pure perfection from Alliance in the 3rd game in finals. 20+ kills, 0 deaths.
Great performance from my favourite support player as well, Akke. :D
Yeah, he's my favorite Chen player right now. :D

Also, I find it funny how Quantic banned LD against Alliance every game. u mad bulldog?
dNextGen
prove that Bulldog can only play 2 heroes D:

but Quantic is still the most interesting doto team to watch,i mean look at their picks

not those boring Naix Pook kotl PL and shit
Magicphoenix
Alliance dota is boring dota.
Period.
And Goblak is BEAST - as well as Silent, definitely the core of Quantic (while Goblak is the king)
FuckingMad is also pretty good

I also think that EG should dismiss bdiz as well as Jeyo, they just pull EG down. Right now it's like this :
Fear, 99%
Demon & Bamboe, 1%
Jeyo & bdiz, -100%

I find it fucking sad that Fear is such an extraordinary and the most hard working and best player in NA (and EU), but his teamm8s just can't keep up with him and they pull him down. I feel really bad for Fear every time :(
Bros before pros?

What surprised me the most was Dignitas (I think they surprised about everyone). Since a while already I see their drafting and strategy as highly interesting, they just build their own meta. They have their own picks and strategies just like Quantic and I love it that they have such an unique and unconventional style (which works btw, prove : NaVi).

I'm really looking forward to TI3 now. Like, really. There won't be East vs West -> Eastern Regions vs Eastern Regions -> Chinese vs Chinese this year. It will be Team A vs Team B. I strongly believe so and I think I will be proven right

PS: Mouz finals ez with qojqva trolololo
dNextGen
what you expect from 2 thrower in 1 team bro,maybe Fear should find a better team but i doubt he'd throw those shitload of sponsorship his current team have right now

what i feel about Quantic is the French trio aint in the same level skill as Goblak and Silent,if Goblak didnt get the hero he wanted then Quantic winrate is like <40%

dNextGen

since when Bamboe become so badass jeez
sanju5
lol eg has really short players
sanju5

Magicphoenix wrote:

I'm really looking forward to TI3 now. Like, really. There won't be East vs West -> Eastern Regions vs Eastern Regions -> Chinese vs Chinese this year. It will be Team A vs Team B. I strongly believe so and I think I will be proven right
Welp, that's what 99% of the dota population thinks so you don't need to flatter yourself :).
Magicphoenix
^I never had any intention of flattering myself? In what way am I flattering myself anyway?

Btw, after doing this in my head, I'm curious how you guys rate the DOTA 2 commentators =p
For me :

Luminous > TriumphOfMan > LD > Saga (german caster) > Draskyll > (2GD) > Tobi > Godz > Epi > Ayesee = Sheever = Blaze

Only listed professional, active DOTA 2 casters.
Co-Commentators excluded

PS : had a tough call on the last 3. Sheever has kinda improved, she certainly is better than when she started out. Only better it is though.
Ayesee, well, meh. He has a great voice and would become a great caster if only he just had more knowledge and overview about the game. Only 1 year of DOTA 2 knowledge is way too less :/
And Blaze - The only reason i watch ThePremierLeague is because of TOM because he's fucking beast and Blaze is kinda like the little, unschooled, annoying shadow of his
Backfire
Tobi > GD guys > BTS > That guy that casts for Neo (Maut) > everyone else
bmin11
Lumi, Tobi, LD, Draskyll, GD (though I think there are multiple people with different teams). I probably have more, but I can think of one.
sanju5
I don't like draskyll, he seems to believe there is only 1 way to play dota with his smug comments when he isn't happy about an item/skill build or hero pick. But once it goes good for that team he just bandwagons them and hypes their item/skill build or hero pick. What really annoys me is when he points out the most obvious faults of an unorthodox pick and acts as if he just dropped the biggest knowledge bomb ever known to man. IMO casters should hype up the match not semi flame players and make retarded comments about the gameplay.
Backfire
I haaaaate draskyll. I love everyone else in GD, but him...I hate him. He looks REALLY fucked up too. Like he does crack every day or something.
dNextGen
calm ur tits guise,EE cast is the best

i dont like ayeese his stream is crap and full of ads,Tobi is nice but the mods on his channel are disgusting,so BTS and GD is the best

http://www.joindota.com/en/matches/6269 ... -fnatic-eu

322 ez life ez solo spam incoming
Xylem Beer
GD > BTS > joinDOTA

I don't really like the mods on jD. Kappa
Icyteru
LuminousInverse forever!

He was the one that got me into osu! after all
druidxd
I don't really even pay attention to mods on streams, I just wanna watch a match, so...

Tobi > all

IMO Tobi is the only one who really manages to display passion on his stream/casting, it's really fun to watch a match casted by Tobi, the other casters are good too, but they are more focused on the technical details and a wider display of information. It's like watching football and comparing South American casters against idk, british casters?

VS

Maybe I like Tobi more because i'm used to the super hype casters, idk.
Magicphoenix
If it's the general, casual cast, I prefer others over Tobi (like i mentioned in my ranking)

But I do agree if it's some great tournament, the grand finals or something at TI3, then Tobi is a MUST.
Nobody brings as much passion into the game as him

PS : Your comparison doesn't work because the british caster got butthurt because Maradona scored against England. And in a fashion like that. Ofc he ain't happy :D
druidxd

Magicphoenix wrote:

If it's the general, casual cast, I prefer others over Tobi (like i mentioned in my ranking)

But I do agree if it's some great tournament, the grand finals or something at TI3, then Tobi is a MUST.
Nobody brings as much passion into the game as him

PS : Your comparison doesn't work because the british caster got butthurt because Maradona scored against England. And in a fashion like that. Ofc he ain't happy :D
Yeah forgot about that, but every time I watch a game of football in english (casted by british mostly), it really lacks passion, a lot, at least compared to the normal casters from here (Argentina). Anyway it's just an opinion.
bmin11

druidxd wrote:

Maybe I like Tobi more because i'm used to the super hype casters, idk.
I have the same issue as well. I'm way used to South Korean commentators on SC1 & LoL.
Tetsu_old
Versuta is the best commentator in my opinion. Russian doto commentator. Especially his rages are epic even at professional games.

Anyway, there isn't any Dota commentator that I would say he is awesome, great blablabla but Luminous is in my opinion the best, has good knowledge of Chinese Dota, LD is also ok. Tobi can be very good if he stop overreacts too much but that's what makes him special I guess.
show more