forum

DOTA 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
iDwarf
Y, they are playing with new roster atm. 9(navi)/25(pub) on 23rd minute. I really doubt they will do well.
Mercurial
wtf na'vi?
bmin11
Are you guys sure that LoH is leaving? I can't even imagine they would do that.
Pizzicato
yeah dendi's gonna leave next and join artstyle again (i hope)

no clear statement that LoH is gonna leave. He's just "inactive"
Magicphoenix
The only reason AA & LoH left is because they were unable to keep up with the level of practice NaVi aspired due to personal reasons.
With Dendi being the most dedicated player and the Puppey being his best buddy, I don't see him leaving the team. Also, Dendi is the iconic star player for NaVi, they would do anything to keep him in the team and I wouldn't know a reason why he wanted to as well

+ with LoH leaving I think he probably means "leaving the team", not the scene. He will go inactive for 2 months, but yes - he left NaVi and I don't see him rejoining them until 1 current player drops out by the time he is back.

+ mouz had just recently become a Tier-1 team, It's too bad to see the legend leaving my countrymen for another team but it's very understandable and I wish Kuroky good luck. (Hope the language barrier won't completely destroy NaVi)
Crestallia

Magicphoenix wrote:

The only reason AA & LoH left is because they were unable to keep up with the level of practice NaVi aspired due to personal reasons.
With Dendi being the most dedicated player and the Puppey being his best buddy, I don't see him leaving the team. Also, Dendi is the iconic star player for NaVi, they would do anything to keep him in the team and I wouldn't know a reason why he wanted to as well

+ with LoH leaving I think he probably means "leaving the team", not the scene. He will go inactive for 2 months, but yes - he left NaVi and I don't see him rejoining them until 1 current player drops out by the time he is back.

+ mouz had just recently become a Tier-1 team, It's too bad to see the legend leaving my countrymen for another team but it's very understandable and I wish Kuroky good luck. (Hope the language barrier won't completely destroy NaVi)
Yeah I really hope LoH is going to really come back after 2 months, he's the most stable player in the western scene IMO. And with the addition of Kuroky Funn1k will now play offlane and Kuro as support. Looking forward to Sunday for the Bo5 showmatch vs EG~
iDwarf
Well, they perform good vs 3D atm. I have to say i'm surprised.
Mercurial
Today na'vi played against some "3d" team (Not 3dMax)... puppey and his greed and stuff.

Na'Vi needs to re-think their strategy right now.
Magicphoenix
3D! it is, pretty decent team with Dread & Nexus if you ask me. Still nowhere near Tier 1 though :P Looking good with NaVi, gotta see how they play against a higher tier team than 3Dlowlow & 3D! to make a proper judgement first though
Crestallia
Well Navi won all their games tonight only dropping 1 game to 3Dmax, and they 2-0'd nth. Quite a good start if you ask me. We'll see both on Sunday and Monday when they'll face EG in a showmatch and Raidcall D2L, since EG's on a roll after sweeping Eizo Cup without dropping a single game.
Magicphoenix
And I once again congratulate Loda for being dumb :D
I was once his fanboy back in '07 - '09 but since DOTA 2 he kinda became unsympathetic,
I mean - who would throw out the captain of their own team? Moreover, he created the team. They can speak of great luck that Envy even made the effort to practice as a canadian with 4 swedes with such a time gap + his strategical efforts probably were the core of NTH's success, now they kick him. Good decision !! Why? Language barrier ! Hah ! I know all dem swedes talk fluent english.
Now they've returned to just an ordinary Tier 2 team by replacing a player (EGM who sucks btw) instead of trying to improve as a whole...smooth Loda, smooth
Wishy

Pizzicato wrote:

na`vi's era ended with artstyle
:(
Not really, he didn't even draft by himself but he had Puppey tell him what to pick.

And TI1 was kind of a joke, none of the teams were properly prepared, and most of the chinese teams weren't nearly as good as they are now. Shit just got harder, and Na'Vi has always been like this, having problems all over the year and somehow making and epic comeback.
Magicphoenix
More like, NaVi's era started with Artstyle leaving lol
There is no doubt that he was the one who captained NaVi in TI and The Legendary DTS to their wins though, props to him.
It's just that he has died in the scene and the prestige of NaVi didn't really suffer with the leaving of Artstyle
Grunt

Magicphoenix wrote:

Now they've returned to just an ordinary Tier 2 team by replacing a player (EGM who sucks btw) instead of trying to improve as a whole...smooth Loda, smooth
egm is actually really good, and he works well with loda and co. If envy wasn't working out with the rest of the team there's nothing strange about it, odds are they were playing a decent amount with egm already seeing more potential and/or results before making the decision to "kick their captain"
Magicphoenix
Best movie
Pizzicato
well i gotta say
chinese teams really did bad at TI1 lol

SPOILER

let the flame wars begin
Magicphoenix
I correct my statement about LoH not rejoining NaVi.

It seems that LoH is still in a contract with NaVi, it's only that he's gone 2 months inactive for real life issues.
Once 2 months pass by, they will think about it again what they do about him

Future prospects :
1. Bootcamp in china for approximately 2-3 months, trying to dominate the chinese scene
2. Trying to change the metagame, test and use new strategies & tactics
3. Guides. Every player will provide guides to heroes which the community will request (at least they will do their best trying to make 'em all)
4. VLOGs. Every player is obligated to do VLOG and will bring an update every month, talking about anything and everything they feel like

Setting high expectations from the very begging our ZeroGravity =p

This is the source : He talks about the history of NaVi since TI, LoH & Smile + Funn1k & KuroKy, finishing with the prospects I listed down

Crestallia
Would like to see how LGD.Int fares against Navi when they bootcamp in China. I really hope more teams can follow Navi's steps, teams with prospects such as the 3 main NA teams (Liquid, EG, Dignitas) and Fnatic. Although IMO it will be better if they bootcamp in China pre-TI3, so they don't fall off from the Chinese level of play very much during TI3 itself, though with TI3 being in the US once more it will be expensive for the sponsors.
yeahyeahyeahhh

Pizzicato wrote:

well i gotta say

SPOILER

let the flame wars begin
Chinese did not have Dota2 at TI1, Westerns did. And they still came in 2nd wtf how is that bad?
bmin11
I was cheering for EHOME, until Puppey made the move
Grunt

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

Pizzicato wrote:

well i gotta say

SPOILER

let the flame wars begin
Chinese did not have Dota2 at TI1, Westerns did. And they still came in 2nd wtf how is that bad?
before ti1 all the invited teams got access to the game at the same time, (iirc) valve even offered to give laptops to the players that didn't have good enough computers
Pizzicato
well i did read some articles saying that chinese teams had no time to prepare for the tournament
Wishy
Maybe they were busy with something else? Every team got DotA 2 invitations...
Tshemmp
I heard they didn't take it serious. Apperantly they thought it was fake because of the big prizepool.
Magicphoenix

Tshemmp wrote:

I heard they didn't take it serious. Apperantly they thought it was fake because of the big prizepool.
D: from where
Tshemmp

Magicphoenix wrote:

Tshemmp wrote:

D: from where
Don't know anymore, maybe in an interview on gosugamers half a year ago or so, idk.
Grunt
they had plenty of time to prepare, but they first of all thought the prizes were fake and secondly they thought the nonchinese were so far below them they didn't need to practice (read: ehome players playing lol with their irl friends or sth a week before the event)
MillonzKub
For dota 2 refrence go to 00:38

druidxd
@ 1:20 FALCON PUNCH

Remco32

MillonzKub wrote:

If you guy watch Saki achiga u will understand skip it till 00:38

Leave it to the osu! community to dissolve a discussion into animu
Magicphoenix
epic boondock saints BGM is epic
druidxd
Na'Vi looking really strong right now, just moments ago winning 2:0 to EG, even without dendi on their first match.
bmin11
Maybe AA was the down fall?...... Actually, nah, Kuroki and funn1k are just too good.
MillonzKub
So what hero you guy hate to play with in pub for me is like when people pick kotl + pl just want to auto quit :<
Icyteru
Now, PL pickers the new cancer after drow pickers.

I guess wisp CK as well, but trust noobs to fuck up their synergy.
druidxd

MillonzKub wrote:

So what hero you guy hate to play with in pub for me is like when people pick kotl + pl just want to auto quit :<
It can be easily countered by nyx and constant ganking. But you need to think of an early stomping strat, and some kind of coordination.
Pizzicato
thank god PL isn't popular at SEA
Tshemmp

druidxd wrote:

MillonzKub wrote:

It can be easily countered by nyx and constant ganking. But you need to think of an early stomping strat, and some kind of coordination.
"Gank them and you'll be fine." "Just ward their jungle." "Get true sight."

Yeah.

Anyone else feels like Omniknight is heavily underrated? He is such a strong hero, only laning is so difficult with him.
Magicphoenix
2 games in a row vs the same stack which played Ogre-Venge roam -> team doesn't even manage to avoid gangs with wards
i cri evry tim
Mercurial
Mental Note: I love Kunkka (Not being a failboat).

In the other hand, I hate the new "quest" thing... is hilarious.
show more