Total Posts
show more
Magicphoenix

bmin11 wrote:

Pizzicato
Mercurial
For the sake of god... ._.
yeahyeahyeahhh
I'm in that international video about 4 times lol.
Gabi
So i was looking at draskyl and thought he reminded me of someone, and then it hit me

Magicphoenix
the 42 year old guy
Pizzicato

EG making US proud
Crestallia
lol i saw that game live, pretty impressive from EG. Too bad they can't withstand the pressure of playing in front of the Swedish audience in the grand finals
Pizzicato

i didn't know this.

DESTROY ALL THE BOXES
Remco32
Doesn't work with chests :D
South
i have one DOTA 2 key if anybody wants it, i dont play much tho :/
Blaziken
People seem to be giving out keys all over the place now.
Heck I recently got a key off 4chan. The one problem I face is that the camera wont follow me (If it even can, which is stupid if it cant)
Remco32

Blaziken wrote:

4chan
Why am I not surprised at all...
yeahyeahyeahhh

Blaziken wrote:

Heck I recently got a key off 4chan. The one problem I face is that the camera wont follow me (If it even can, which is stupid if it cant)
why the hell would you wanna play with locked camera o.o
Tshemmp

Blaziken wrote:

IIRC there is an option in the settings to enable locked camera but why whould you ever want this. This is not Diablo.
Icyteru
It's a feature that existed in LoL....

but offers nothing worthwhile in dota 2. you are trying to to make a harder game easier, in turn, missing the real point of the game being dota (challenging) anyway.

Playing dota 2 with a locked camera would do more harm than good, which is why that option doesn't exist (unless you are using trackpad to play, in which case, buy a mouse, any shit one would do)
ner1n_old
I love this game.

Too bad I don't like playing by myself, and most of my friends are on finals and sh1t.
Remco32
You can double-clock your character portrait to let the camera follow him/her
Icyteru
Maybe I'm just a slowpoke, but, WoDotA - Dota 2 Blondes is a funny series.
Magicphoenix
This is best, hope they will continue this series somewhen ..
Gabi
Would probably still prefer to watch these instead of tobi or Godz.

Pizzicato
i wonder what's going to be the x-mas event this time

bmin11

Gabi wrote:

Would probably still prefer to watch these instead of tobi or Godz.

Maybe watch Purge if you really want a quiet commentator idk

About WCG2012, I'm still surprised we actually have a Dota 2 team. No one plays Dota 2 in Korea.
Tesu

Pizzicato wrote:

i wonder what's going to be the x-mas event this time

it looks like dalcim
Tetsu_old

bmin11 wrote:

About WCG2012, I'm still surprised we actually have a Dota 2 team. No one plays Dota 2 in Korea.
I read that Valve will open official servers in Korea & Japan so if they promote Dota 2 there, they can attract some gamers like LoL did in Korea.
yeahyeahyeahhh
Really nice patch for competetive play this week. Hopefully it'll tone down a bit of the crying coming out from Puppey/Bulba/Western Pro Scene.

GAMEPLAY
- Fixed some bugs with Pounce movement restriction.
- Fixed being able to cast and attack while using Skewer.
- Fixed Empower buff remaining after casting Black King Bar.
- Fixed Neutral creep chase time being too long.
- Added Pseudo Random chances for the following items: Daedalus, Crystalys, Abyssal Blade, Basher, Heaven's Halbred, Maelstrom, Mjollnir, Static Charge, Monkey King Bar, Poor Man's Shield, Sange, Sange and Yasha, Stout Shield, Vanguard.
- Fixed various ancient AI exploits.

AUDIO
- Some voice gain fixes to improve quality.
- Updates on sound effects for Visage, Viper, Warlock, Tiny and Earthshaker.

MISC
- Fixed an issue where players would not be able to reconnect to a server and would get "You must be in a lobby to connect."
- Undying's Tombstone now caps at 64 maximum zombies.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Fixed being able to cast and attack while using Skewer.
Big problem people were having when dealing with Mag. He'll still be super strong, but this will help a bit dealing with him.

- Fixed Neutral creep chase time being too long.
No more mid pulling? Fuck yeah~
- Added Pseudo Random chances for the following items: Daedalus, Crystalys, Abyssal Blade, Basher, Heaven's Halbred, Maelstrom, Mjollnir, Static Charge, Monkey King Bar, Poor Man's Shield, Sange, Sange and Yasha, Stout Shield, Vanguard.
This is nice, specially for crit items and basher.
Magicphoenix

I don't get this
yeahyeahyeahhh
What don't you get? It's Pseudo Random for items. Previously it was just for crit like on PA and such (I think). Pseudo Random is basically a mechanic that makes it so you don't go on long unlucky or lucky streaks with chance items and abilities.

If you really wanna read about it, here u go http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7993
Gabi
With pseudo-random you can "sort of" control when you are going to crit, so you can plan ganks easier.

Lets take PA for example

PA has 15% (8% pseudo, can't remember) chance of critting when he hits a target. For everytime he hits a target and he did NOT crit, his crit-chance will increase by a certain amount (8% or so). So this way, before a gank, you hit a creep a few times, hope that you dont crit, and then jump on the opponent, your chances of critting will be much higher. Once you crit, the chance of critting will go back to 15% (8%).

I'm not 100% sure of the values, a bit tricky, you can read more about it on the dota wiki, but that's the basics of it.

EDIT: but in this case it was about items, but it works the same (block with vanguard etc).
Biscuitbox
Pseudo Random is not yet balanced as far as I see in dota 2 compared to dota 1 yet.
Just like the other time when I was using Ogre Magi and trying out with Pseudo Random,
he will do a 4x Multicast 2 times in a row after a certain period of time.
After some time I think they fixed this.
Icyteru
i can confirm that it is quite reliable now, i get it on average every fourth hit, rarely twice in a row, for 25% chance.
Remco32
I haven't played much Dota in a while so Gaben wants me to invite 4 friends to form a team or something
PlayHard-GoPro
Mm , Very Nice Game . XD :P
Pizzicato

i dont even know how this hero works :(
yeahyeahyeahhh
Just watch one of the Spiderman movies.
Magicphoenix
What is that Rizzrack hero ?
Magicphoenix
It's the first time I've ever heard of that name. Looks rly HoN/LoL-ish, why don't they just bring in the original DotA heroes like Pit Lord, Techies, Troll Warlord n stuff :/
Gabi
Not sure if serious, but it's Goblin shredder, however they can't use the original name because of copyright(?)

http://www.playdota.com/heroes/goblin-shredder

IIRC he was released with tresdin and skywrath mage (1 hero patch before arc warden and winter wyvern)
yeahyeahyeahhh
YaphetS playing timbersaw in wc3

Mercurial
Some of you never played W3 DotA?

Shame on you.

Anyway, I hate Justin Timbersaw, it's pretty boring and odd (aesthetically).

Drow got nerfed, and some sets are going to be released by Policount contest.

Yeah, happy x-mas.

I don't know why I get MKB, but I think it was bought to kill Mortred.
show more