forum

DOTA 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
Pizzicato

Mikey wrote:

cyclone emp coldsnap, people who think invoker is a hard hero are a joke
mainly because they thought exort was the best build.
Mikey
it generally is, going exort can pay off but is not as consistent. takes more skill too
Lybydose

Pizzicato wrote:

probably because it actually is
Pizzicato

Lybydose wrote:

Pizzicato wrote:

probably because it actually is
it's really situational on pubs. as for the competitive scenes, it depends on what lineup you're against.
yeahyeahyeahhh
But basically, Exort is the best build.
Magicphoenix
Exort gives more balance & variation... it's called Exort build but in the end that only counts for the early-(mid?)game though and ends up in an overall build.
I go 1-1-4 => 4-1-4 => 4-4-4/4-1-7 => 4-4-7/4-7-4/4-4-7 This means a lot more skills you can use and with an early Aghanims you will have a lot more nuke power(even without it).
If you go Wex/Quas build you will definitely have 2-7-1 by lv13 and all you'll have is Cold Snap-Tornado-EMP + Invis. It's just too ineffective even if you have high mobility instead of just dominating the lane much more with higher base dmg & casually helping out with Sun Strike.
The only phase for W/Q build should be when the others are very disarmable by EMP (no mana) or you have the need to be running away from their heroes 24/7.

Though this is all based on my personal opinion, Exort(->overall) for me is stronger than Wex-Quas in all phases of the game
Icyteru
Exort build is best paired with an early euls. You can kill any hero in a solo gank once you get your euls (given you have the ability too).

And aghas is not the best item for invoker, since it lowers your ulti CD by around 3 seconds, and you can get a hex for same price, but better effect.
Mikey

[AirCoN] wrote:

Exort build is best paired with an early euls. You can kill any hero in a solo gank once you get your euls (given you have the ability too).

And aghas is not the best item for invoker, since it lowers your ulti CD by around 3 seconds, and you can get a hex for same price, but better effect.
hex 4200 ? O.O
Gabi
welcome to osu!dota2

"better effect"

You realise in DOTA, even half a second can decide the tide of a fight?
yeahyeahyeahhh
HIGHLIGHTS:
- Added Nyx Assassin, Keeper of the Light, and Visage and enabled in Captain's Mode!
- Added a cooldown to being able to find a match when a player declines or abandons a game.

GAMEPLAY:
- Beastmaster: Fixed Wild Axes working with Refresher.
- Beastmaster: Wild Axes no longer provide vision when they aren't flying.
- Naga Siren: Fixed Dust of Appearance not working against units slept by Song of the Siren.
- Naga Siren: Fixed Ice Blast debuff not getting added to units slept by Song of the Siren.
- Naga Siren: Fixed Weave not affecting units slept by Song of the Siren.
- Phantom Lancer: Fixed Doppelwalk illusions not correctly replicating their inventory item slots.
- Rubick: Fixed Wild Axes being left around when another ability is stolen.
- Sand King: Neutrals can now be damaged by Sandstorm.
- Templar Assassin: Fixed Meld initial attack doing too much damage.
- Slardar: Fixed Bash working while doomed.
- Neutrals damaged by an invisible enemy will now try to run away.

SPECTATING:
- Multiple tweaks to director events and framing.
- Fixed particle effects sometimes not drawing while in Player Perspective mode.

UI:
- Added notification for when a Tournament has a live game currently running.
- The kill card now shows a randomly selected item that the killer is wearing. Also reduced its size.
- Fixed equipping an item in the backpack not jumping to the correct hero in the loadout
- Added Buyback to the spectating stats dropdown.
- Added a cooldown for being able to find a match when a player declines or abandons a game.

VISUALS:
- Fixed Rubick retaining incorrect skins from stolen abilities when returning to his normal model.
- Meld damage display is now only shown for successful hits.

BOTS:
- Significant revision of how bots determine their strategic desires.
- Roshan desire has been significantly reworked. It's now based on how quickly Roshan can be killed given the available heroes and how quickly enemies can show up.
- Evasion desire is now more granular. Things like Blade Fury now cause a range of evasion desire based on the bot's current health.
- Fixed case where bots were trying to path to an invalid location when defending their base.
- Made bots more aggressive about attacking when defending a lane.
- Cleaned up inferred human modes for pushing and defending lanes.
- Made bots less concerned about distance when considering an attack on a pinged target.
- Fixed bug that made pinged towers less likely to attract allied bots that were doing other high-priority stuff.
- Tuned retreat desire values when hurt and close to the fountain.
- Made bots somewhat more likely to buy a flying courier.

WORKSHOP:
- Added a new Import Wearable option to the Publish New Item section of the in-game workshop UI. It will compile, validate, and preview your model before you submit it. When submitting, it also packs the files into a format that makes it much easier for us to bring it into the game.
Magicphoenix

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

HIGHLIGHTS:
- Added Nyx Assassin, Keeper of the Light, and Visage~~~~wooooooooh~~~~ and enabled in Captain's Mode!
- Added a cooldown to being able to find a match when a player declines or abandons a game.

GAMEPLAY:
- Beastmaster: Fixed Wild Axes working with Refresher.
- Beastmaster: Wild Axes no longer provide vision when they aren't flying.
- Naga Siren: Fixed Dust of Appearance not working against units slept by Song of the Siren.
- Naga Siren: Fixed Ice Blast debuff not getting added to units slept by Song of the Siren.
- Naga Siren: Fixed Weave not affecting units slept by Song of the Siren.
- Phantom Lancer: Fixed Doppelwalk illusions not correctly replicating their inventory item slots.
- Rubick: Fixed Wild Axes being left around when another ability is stolen.
- Sand King: Neutrals can now be damaged by Sandstorm.
- Templar Assassin: Fixed Meld initial attack doing too much damage.
- Slardar: Fixed Bash working while doomed.
- Neutrals damaged by an invisible enemy will now try to run away.

SPECTATING:
- Multiple tweaks to director events and framing.
- Fixed particle effects sometimes not drawing while in Player Perspective mode.

UI:
- Added notification for when a Tournament has a live game currently running.
- The kill card now shows a randomly selected item that the killer is wearing. Also reduced its size.
- Fixed equipping an item in the backpack not jumping to the correct hero in the loadout
- Added Buyback to the spectating stats dropdown.
- Added a cooldown for being able to find a match when a player declines or abandons a game.

VISUALS:
- Fixed Rubick retaining incorrect skins from stolen abilities when returning to his normal model.
- Meld damage display is now only shown for successful hits.

BOTS:
- Significant revision of how bots determine their strategic desires.
- Roshan desire has been significantly reworked. It's now based on how quickly Roshan can be killed given the available heroes and how quickly enemies can show up.
- Evasion desire is now more granular. Things like Blade Fury now cause a range of evasion desire based on the bot's current health.
- Fixed case where bots were trying to path to an invalid location when defending their base.
- Made bots more aggressive about attacking when defending a lane.
- Cleaned up inferred human modes for pushing and defending lanes.
- Made bots less concerned about distance when considering an attack on a pinged target.
- Fixed bug that made pinged towers less likely to attract allied bots that were doing other high-priority stuff.
- Tuned retreat desire values when hurt and close to the fountain.
- Made bots somewhat more likely to buy a flying courier.

WORKSHOP:
- Added a new Import Wearable option to the Publish New Item section of the in-game workshop UI. It will compile, validate, and preview your model before you submit it. When submitting, it also packs the files into a format that makes it much easier for us to bring it into the game.
yeahyeahyeahhh
Did you really have to quote me to say that lol.
yeahyeahyeahhh
Some items got new look. Good stuff. Not as drastic as the previous.

yeahyeahyeahhh
And our 3 heroes

Remco32
I really dislike the new courier icons.
yeahyeahyeahhh
You'll get used to it.
yeahyeahyeahhh
Ladies and gentlemen, Ferrari 4 fucking 30.

Go to 37:30

Backfire
Nyx is just lovely.
Mikey

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen, Ferrari 4 fucking 30.

Go to 37:30

man that was seriously 95% luck
yeahyeahyeahhh
How luck? U can see when ur psi blade bounce. And its Ferrari 430, one of the best players in the world.
Nharox
Great new update! Does the Dire have a blue/grey donkey? Both sides have their own courier icons now.
Icyteru
Visage looks too much like OD
Nharox
Keeper of the Light looks too much like Zeus. And Nyx Assassin like Lurker from Starcraft.

Shit game, wouldn't play.
Pizzicato
Nyx looks badass
Tshemmp
Mercurial
No more heroes 'til September, guys (After The Internationals)
Haseo_old

Mercurial wrote:

No more heroes 'til September, guys (After The Internationals)
that sucks
Magicphoenix

:D
StewpidNinja
WHAT THE FUQ!!!!!!!!!!! THAT BS, OKOK WHO CAME UP WITH THAT CRAP???!!!!! THIS BETTAH BE A JOKE
Icyteru
^He's referring to no new heroes til september, but that doesn't even matter, cause new heroes aren't actually "new", they are available in vanilla DotA anyway.
Haseo_old
If I remember right, all of HoN's heroes are now free to play (as of last week).
In a few months, LoL's free champion pool is said to be extended to 20 heroes (now I'm motivated).

Let the MOBA wars begin. (For real.)
Icyteru
wait, how does LoL have a war with itself?
Haseo_old

[AirCoN] wrote:

wait, how does LoL have a war with itself?
I didn't say that.

And if I did, I didn't mean to.
yeahyeahyeahhh
No one knows what you meant to say regardless.
Mercurial
DotA thread.

Talking about LoL and HoN

It makes too much sense.
Mikey
i think this settles it
Magicphoenix
Magicphoenix
Will do scrims against mTw & mouz with my team next week =p
nomen

Mikey wrote:

i think this settles it