I want to play with Naga Siren or Techies xD

Edit:

foulcoon wrote:

I haven't notice this...

WHY VLADIMIR WITH RAZOR?
Tshemmp

<3
yeahyeahyeahhh
Fucking singsinggggggggg lol. So stupid, but so funny.
Vulf
Got the invite this morning, and love the game so far.
foulcoon

iMercurial wrote:

I want to play with Naga Siren or Techies xD

Edit:

foulcoon wrote:

I haven't notice this...

WHY VLADIMIR WITH RAZOR?
did you see my other items? besides nobody else on my team had vlads so its not a bad item to get.
Kanye West
huehuehue

downloading now :D
tyrael6192
Just out of curiosity, when did you guys sign up for the beta? >_<
Vulf
Early March. Was a little over a month till i got the game in my library. I'm not sure how the beta thing works since some people got the beta in 3-5 days after the steam survey thing.
yeahyeahyeahhh
As soon as they were open during The International
foulcoon

kanye west wrote:

huehuehue

add me on steam bro

need more U.S. peoples to play with.

Steam ID: foulcoon
Kanye West

foulcoon wrote:

kanye west wrote:

huehuehue

add me on steam bro

need more U.S. peoples to play with.

Steam ID: foulcoon
I still have to learn all the heroes and gameplay so I'm really really bad right now

my steam ID is ashutoshudipi
Tshemmp
Fact of the day: you will still gain damage from static link (Razor) if you activated BKB (I experienced this myself).
Magicphoenix
That is basic mechanism...you also gain dmg if enemy is BKB'd
Tshemmp
Uh, ok, I didn't know. But is this intended? Or is this just another strange thing you don't ask about like Sand King's ulti going on cooldown if cancelled while channeling but not Shadow Fiend's ulti or Furi's port?
Gabi

Tshemmp wrote:

Uh, ok, I didn't know. But is this intended? Or is this just another strange thing you don't ask about like Sand King's ulti going on cooldown if cancelled while channeling but not Shadow Fiend's ulti or Furi's port?
Shadow Fiends ulti has a 1 second cast time. (not a channel)
Furions Teleport has a 2-3 seconds cast time. (not a channel)
Sand Kings ulti has a 2 seconds channel.

Hopefully that'll clear up some stuff for you.

And yes razors link going through bkb is intended.
Hiza-chan
I shall say, I WILL NEVER PLAY DOTA2 AGAIN! Man, I tried it the other day with a friend and we were doing bot games. This asshole thought he was the shit and talked shit to me because I KSed him ONCE. I was just starting the damn game and he rages at me. Well, I went to kill someone on my own and he just walks up to him and smacks him and say's "karma". I'm thinking "is this guy for real?" He was 18/1 at the end of the game and was going on about how you shouldn't KS and that's a tip when playing DOTA2. Seriously?! The community on DOTA so far, is shit.
Tshemmp
First of all it depends on the heroes you two were playing. If he was carry and you supporter he was right. Otherwise...lol, nice "friend".
Second is: play matchmaking! If you are good enough you will soon play games with less retards.
Hiza-chan

Tshemmp wrote:

First of all it depends on the heroes you two were playing. If he was carry and you supporter he was right. Otherwise...lol, nice "friend".
Second is: play matchmaking! If you are good enough you will soon play games with less retards.
Wasn't a friend. It was a random guy. I was playing the Queen of Pain and I see that she is a semi-carry/ganker. I would ask my friend what each hero was before I played them.
I didn't want to do matchmaking. I was learning. Hence why I was playing a bot game. I've played about 7 games. I didn't want to go into a normal game and just feed.
yeahyeahyeahhh

hizachan wrote:

I shall say, I WILL NEVER PLAY DOTA2 AGAIN! Man, I tried it the other day with a friend and we were doing bot games. This asshole thought he was the shit and talked shit to me because I KSed him ONCE. I was just starting the damn game and he rages at me. Well, I went to kill someone on my own and he just walks up to him and smacks him and say's "karma". I'm thinking "is this guy for real?" He was 18/1 at the end of the game and was going on about how you shouldn't KS and that's a tip when playing DOTA2. Seriously?! The community on DOTA so far, is shit.
lol if that ticked you off I'd recommend not playing computer games.
Vulf

First game without anyone disconnecting or leaving. Still pretty new to dota 2, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.

I've only played about 5-6 games, but i feel the matchmaking for dota 2 atm is awful. I'm either matched against people who have no idea what they are doing, or against 5 people who random pick and destroy us in 20 minutes. :(
Hiza-chan

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

hizachan wrote:

lol if that ticked you off I'd recommend not playing computer games.
I play LoL. I was just saying that why would someone say that about a damn bot game.
bmin11
Because we don't always get a sane teammate. Expect for the extreme.

P.S. I always find myself having trouble fighting against a Husker. What would be a good way to counter it, except for chain stunning it?
foulcoon
being lifestealer is a good way to counter him lol
Lybydose
pick necrolyte
foulcoon
yeah if you want legit advice, Lyby is right

necrolyte is a hard counter to huskar.

anything with a skll that prevents magic damage is also good. lifestealer is good because when huskar tries to ult him he can use rage. Shadow demon is also good because he can disrupt himself to prevent being hit by the ult. Also the key is to not let yourself get harassed by him early on. If hes harassing you, hit back. Most of the time its retards spamming burning spear, doing 15 dmg to himself to damage you.

I will say if you lose in lane against him and he gets an armlet while outleveling you, most heroes will have a hard time defending themselves. He has huge burst.
Mercurial
Nice Sniper you got there.

Lybydose wrote:

pick necrolyte
Ethereal Blade... x.x
Magicphoenix

bmin11 wrote:

Because we don't always get a sane teammate. Expect for the extreme.

P.S. I always find myself having trouble fighting against a Husker. What would be a good way to counter it, except for chain stunning it?
When playing against a huskar, the best counter is picking a hero which has a longer range than him and/or has a good escape mechanism.
Heroes who profit by his needed low-hp are nice as well.

The best counter against Huskar so far is Viper as he got Magic resistance - lowering his ulti dmg -, longer range in lane-phase + a strong passive which doesn't allow him to go near you/just very slowly and a high range, Nethertoxin basically rapes his low hp pool if he does ulti and goes low hp. He's also a Manta-buyer which is a big problem for him as well, especially with your passive...

Necro is good too but by the time he has BKB you will have a tough time against him as well.
Best item against him would be blade mail...if you activate it in the right moment he should be dead basically the moment he jumps on you
Magicphoenix

hizachan wrote:

Offending a whole community because of one case is not very nice.
But well, it's true - try playing with Asians or SEAs = = they play high skilled and are nice...unless your connection doesn't allow it OR you just get used to it like everyone else who's not trying to be a dick ;/

+ You don't complain about killsteals anymore, that's public attitude from 2009, just ignore him
yeahyeahyeahhh
CC / Necro counter Huskar too. BM/Pudge is also really good against him.
Soulclenz
Could always play Faceless and ult him once he loses the hp after he ults you, might even get lucky and backtrack the damage from it as well.

The average player also panics and tries auto attacking Huskar when he's up in their face, which is just a bad idea because the entire point of Huskar is to get as low hp as possible, since his attack speed and damage go up significantly as his hp drops, if he doesnt have some sort of slow or stun hero with him, another option is to just ignore him entirely. This is assumeing he doesnt have the farm to just outright destroy you before you even evade his small attack range.
GeNJiii_old
Hello Dota players, Im actually LoL player. Can someone say me why should I change and play DoTa? THX for your time guys
yeahyeahyeahhh
Because it's a better game? IDK if you're going to get a non-biased answer here. Try it out, if you like it play it, if not stay with LoL.
Kanye West
I've played a few games and have a few questions.

How "good" are the recommended items? Is it better to start with a relatively expensive item (like boots) and one tango vs tango, salve, and branches?
Is smartcast the same in DOTA as in LoL?
Is early game generally the same as LoL (afk farm)?
What are some mid/lategame objectives besides towers/Roshan?
Is it better to focus on farming or ganking/killing heroes?
Is there some way to teleport to fountain instead of walking back and forth?
What's the most common/widely accepted metagame?
I think killing Roshan is very high risk/medium reward. Am I missing something?
Are the roles generally similar between DOTA/LoL? For example, does the support still get 0 CS and buy all the wards etc etc

tl;dr - I'm a noob at this game and am asking questions that are probably blatantly obvious to most of you
Soulclenz

kanye west wrote:

How "good" are the recommended items? Is it better to start with a relatively expensive item (like boots) and one tango vs tango, salve, and branches?
Are the roles generally similar between DOTA/LoL? For example, does the support still get 0 CS and buy all the wards etc etc

tl;dr - I'm a noob at this game and am asking questions that are probably blatantly obvious to most of you
Recommended items, for the most part are pretty accurate, there are a few exceptions for example, if a hero isn't recommended to buy a BKB, and you're fighting against a team with an SK or Enigma or some form of massive aoe, buying that BKB fairly quickly might be a wise idea no matter what hero you're playing. i would never ever recommend buying boots as a first item, huge sign of a player that doesn't know what he's doing, and the gain from those boots is extremely small, getting branches and appropriate amount of regen will keep your pressence in the lane much higher, i can only think of a few times where early boots pays off (trying to get first blood as jugg/CM for example).

Since im not an LoL player at all, i wont compare whether or not it's the same, i will just tell you that early game, support heroes harass and keep vision up, carries farm, and gankers gank, to sum it up simply.

The mid/late game objective is to give your carry as much farm as possibly, while shutting down their carries as much as possible, mid game is when the gankers role is at maximum potential, if you have a Tiny on your team he should be endlessly seeking action, while your carry ping-pongs back and forth from lane to lane, avoiding conflict and keeping CK high, obviously exceptions to that occur when you need to defend or help out with a teamfight that wont end in your favor without your carry being there. Towers are great but you don't need them to have good farm, they are the result or a won teamfight for the most part, to push you even further ahead of your opponents.

Teleport to fountain, or friendly towers by purchasing a scroll of town portal, have one on you at ALL times, they are seriously one of the best items in game.

I guess the most accepted metagame for pubs would be focusing on farming, and pushing when 1 or 2 enemy heroes are picked off. Pro games are a bit less action packed and more team-fight oriented, they focus majorly on CK more-so than team fights, for the most part.

Yeah, you're missing something about killing roshan, risk is only high if you choose to do it when the enemy team is alive, and their wards are up in the bottom river, Roshan is more of a reward for killing the enemy team, or if you can sneak in with a vlad farmed Ursa without them noticing. You can also bait a team fight by going for a roshan kill, but you better be confident in winning before doing that. The reward late game, is game changing.
yeahyeahyeahhh

kanye west wrote:

- Recommended items are pretty much good to go with. Some aren't but they'll be fine in low tier games.
- There is no smartcast in DOTA
- No. Objectives are subjective to your team comp. Some team comps will be a tri-line to secure farm for your carry, or some with be for lots of early ganks and roaming. Some will be to push towers down extremely fast. As you become better at this game you will notice which comps are trying to enforce which actions.
- Mid game is generally about pushing and ganking. But again, subjective to what team you have IMO.
- For carries, its generally better to focus on getting as much CS as possible. You don't really want to stop CSing and try to gank/kill unless it will guarantee a kill. Supports have to pay more attention to the lane situation to know when its best to pull, harass, or gank. Supports should try to get any CS they can when nothing is going on and a free lane is open.
- Use a Teleport Scroll to go back if you don't want to walk. Always carry 1 (I try to carry 2 at all times).
- Metagame shifts all the time unlike LoL. Right now the current metagame is settled around pushing strats. I disagree with Soulclenz here, pro games are insane with action. Pubs are too but because of stupid stuff. You'll notice slight changes in metagames as you get up in skill tier.
- Secure vision on rosh by having sents and observer wards. Don't do it when you don't have vision unless multiple people are dead. You can use Smoke of Deceit to get around wards to sneak in. If all you enemies are top you can maybe sneak one in without confrontation. Just ensure vision and enemies are dead/not around and there's nothing really high risk about it.
- No, support is much less of a bitch role in DOTA than in LoL. Supports will still generally get many of the wards and less CS, but they're in no way succumbed to just sitting back, healing the carry, and watching youtube in lane. Supports tbh are one of the hardest class to play to it maximum potential. You have to be aware of situations a lot. You need to provide good vision, control the lane correctly with pull, known when to gank and how to do it properly, know how to keep a bit of farm up, correct positioning, and how to harass.

If you're serious about becoming better at this game, I recommend checking out the DoTA2 subreddit. Lots of good information over there from lots of good people. Also, good community discussions on heroes and items.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2

Here are some good starter pages (all from the new to dota section):
http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/ ... _should_i/
http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/ ... _to_dota2/
http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck
http://dotacinema.com/heroes
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id ... ruok&pli=1
bmin11
Thanks for the advice with countering Husker. Now I just have to wait til my friend picks it ehehe
Magicphoenix
Someone still got a beta-key leftover for a friend of mine? haha...
Mercurial

Trying to create "Manta" with a Destroyer...

HAHAHA
xsrsbsns

Magicphoenix wrote:

Someone still got a beta-key leftover for a friend of mine? haha...
If you mean invites, I still have 7 left (I thought they're common already, we have too many invites over here).. So yeah anyone who wants an invitation just tell me (send me a forum pm).
Mercurial
Send me a invitation for one of my friends... :D
show more