forum

DOTA 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ceph23
Anybody know what's up with that techies in that All-star match?
I never got news about a techies being complete.
Nwolf
It was already confirmed long ago that Techies will be added after TI4 ends (valve time) when the secret goal was reached (6.4mil $)
Pizzicato
goodbye rat, hello techies
Remco32

Pizzicato wrote:

goodbye rat, hello techies
Too bad a Furion is mostly too poor to buy a gem
Pizzicato
the point is stopping the push not killing the rat
FappyBabes
PLAY LEAGUEEE
AutoMedic

prky wrote:

PLAY LEAGUEEE

1. This is a DOTA 2 THREAD
2. As for me, no. I quitted league since too much toxicity at rank
3. get out for the sake of this thread
NoHitter
Not sure if I want the Techie spam once he comes out. Now I have to invest in a pair of sentry wards early game.
Ceph23

Pizzicato wrote:

the point is stopping the push not killing the rat
Nobody can actually kill the rat really.
It is gone in the first sight of danger.
AutoMedic
report rtz for ruining techies
Chipmunk42

prky wrote:

PLAY LEAGUEEE
When the player base matures (thanks for informing me it's not time yet).
yeahyeahyeahhh
I went from 4850 to 4456 in 1 day.

Welp.
Magicphoenix
I generally stop playing after 1 loss.

Yet again, I take a break after almost every match
deadbeat
http://www.dotahattery.com/ so i just got shown this :<
Sey
After a longer break I started with Dota again.
I am still not high level, so pretty much in any game there's at least one leaver and a few flamer including no teamwork... Still I go through this in hope it might end when I get a higher level :(
Magicphoenix

Sey wrote:

After a longer break I started with Dota again.
I am still not high level, so pretty much in any game there's at least one leaver and a few flamer including no teamwork... Still I go through this in hope it might end when I get a higher level :(
i don't mean to disappoint you, but the teamwork generally doesn't get much better lol...

But well, in -cm mode I had to play with 4 people who were 1000 MMR lower than me and I guess it's kinda worse? But not by a big margin
The best method is still to get a high impact hero yourself if you want to reach a higher level/MMR. Those include Wraith King, DOOM, Zeus, Lich, Axe (if you can play him) or simply your favorite/best heroes (I should rephrase my sentece: The best method is to get a hero where you can easily make a high impact with, which are most probably your favorite heroes or really easy/simple strong heroes like Lich).
As a support, make sure to buy smoke. I'm pretty sure that 90% of the people don't have much map awareness in early game, so smoke gang (maybe with a tp top if you're bot lane and vice versa // or simply going mid) can make a big difference.

When picking a hero, do make sure that your hero isn't immediately countered by the opponents though. I usually wait 'til the last second to pick my hero (not on 0:00 mark or you'll get lags and lose 5-10 gold) to ensure that I don't get countered.
OR I counter them myself. Most often with DOTABUFF.com lol. Just look who the opponent's core hero is. Go on DOTABUFF and look that hero up and see where his highest disadvantage is against.

I once picked safelane-Ursa just to counter Invoker-Ember-Void because I rememberd the advantage-disadvantage-stats and it worked wonders
Sey
Thanks a lot for these advices, I already tried Zeus and had a lot of fun with him, especially his Ultimate ability :)
I will buy smoke in my next game to see if it helps me^^
Nwolf
what is teamplay
Magicphoenix

Nwolf wrote:

what is teamplay
teamplay is when there's that 1 annoying fucker who tells you what to do and the rest shuts up and does what he says.
It's the most you can get out of pub matches anyway
yeahyeahyeahhh
From 4850 to 4456 back to 4720. Nature's Prophet spam is the key.
AutoMedic
Jesus finally got that long awaited 3k MMR

what do i expect in the 3k mmr gaiz
Ceph23

Sonatora wrote:

More shitty teammates and that occasional hothead.
Mofu kun
I have just started playing DOTA 2.

I also play LoL.

Any tips? Like beginner champions and builds that i could try using?
AutoMedic

MoF10 wrote:

I also play LoL.

Try heroes like Juggernaut, Lich, Vengeful Spirit, Dragon Knight or any heroes that have basic mechanics

Learn to properly last hit creeps since you' get a gold advantage
Denying creeps is a MUST since you need to deny the enemy with XP

As for builds, go at the suggested items and you're good to go

just dont play riki

just don't

pls
Remco32

Sonatora wrote:

Jesus finally got that long awaited 3k MMR

A higher chance of seeing wards, supports or TPs.
Tshemmp

MoF10 wrote:

I also play LoL.

Dota guide for LoL players: http://www.liquiddota.com/forum/dota-2- ... ol-players

Also the general guide for new Dota players http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck
Magicphoenix

MoF10 wrote:

I also play LoL.

There is in-game skill and item build for every hero, so no worries about that.
Also, get ready to rage at those towers. They are ridiculous to every LoL player and you will see what I mean. The best way to get used to it is getting hit by that tower a lot so you can kinda have a feeling when and when he won't attack you :D
Sey

MoF10 wrote:

I also play LoL.

I started Dota without any guide and I maybe had 5-6 Bot games before I went over into public games *hides*
Tshemmp
Yeah I played my very first DotA game at a LAN party. I chose Crystal Maiden because I knew her from the campaign (Jaina Proudmoore) and started feeding endlessly. My friends had no mercy.

Second game was with Techies and my words afterwards were "this hero is stupid, all he can do is suicide".
Pizzicato

we tried that C9 draft

familiar damage is fucking ridiculous
yeahyeahyeahhh
[ Nana ]
http://steamcommunity.com/id/NoGameNoIceCream <- steam link, over 1k hours in Dota so far, feel free to invite, I love to play with other people.

On the other hand, nothing grand about those finals... chinese doto in 4 rounds with 9/10 heroes being repicked. >_>
Remco32

Nanashi666 wrote:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/NoGameNoIceCream <- steam link, over 1k hours in Dota so far, feel free to invite, I love to play with other people.

On the other hand, nothing grand about those finals... chinese doto in 4 rounds with 9/10 heroes being repicked. >_>
Post your MMR so we have a clue how gud you are.
[ Nana ]

Remco32 wrote:

Post your MMR so we have a clue how gud you are.
Yeah lol, I'm just a 2k scrub. Playing non-ranked mainly since I hate teaming up with random people that don't speak English in ranked, and the people on my friendlist rarely even touch ranked.
Chipmunk42
So hyped for custom games again - the new map making tools look amazing!
Remco32

Chipmunk42 wrote:

So hyped for custom games again - the new map making tools look amazing!
Have you tried them?
AutoMedic
OHMYGOD!!

Excited for the devkits or something. I'll try to make a mod lol
Soulclenz
I just wanna hear the new Spectre voice. Gimme patch already.
Ceph23
So it looks like I'm the only one who's sad about techies not being released sooner huh

mmmk then
[ Nana ]
I'd much rather wait than see people ragequitting pubs just because someone else picked Techies before they did. That, and the huge amount of people picking Techies even if they don't know how to play them (see for reference: Arteezy during Allstar Match). September's gonna be a tough month for regular players. >_>
show more