forum

Scariest game you have ever played.

posted
Total Posts
show more
MistaCloudStrife
Been playing Fatal Frame 4 recently. It's pretty crazy when I play by myself, lights off and surround sound. Just did it twice and it gets pretty damn creepy. None of the RE or Silent Hill series has creeped me out that much. The Wii-mote being the flashlight adds to the whole "it's like you're really there" feel as well.
Wassaaaa
Amnesia the dark descent :o it's the more scariest game for me D:! and other is silent hill V and 2
[DG2L]YungYeezy

Zekira wrote:

@above: try Pokémon Lost Silver too.
No shit. That was mildly bad.
Rantai
Zelda: OoC

Them mummys.
Nharox
Amnesia and Nightmare House 2. :<
Crimmi
Dead Space & Dead Space 2. Try playing both on Hardcore mode with only 3 saves and dozen of those freaks that kill you in 2 shots.
adam2046

CrimmiSkye wrote:

Dead Space & Dead Space 2. Try playing both on Hardcore mode with only 3 saves and dozen of those freaks that kill you in 2 shots.
Thrilling? Yes.
Scary? No.
MDuh

adam2046 wrote:

CrimmiSkye wrote:

Thrilling? Yes.
Scary? No.
Add a 5.1 Surround System
Scary? Yes.
Akai-Moeru
Dead Space. Having the lights off and volume up adds to the scare factor.
Kanade_old
Bioshock, I never really played a scary game before that so I would almost call it traumatizing :lol:

And

Rantai wrote:

Zelda: OoC

Them mummys.

I was too young to play that game seriously back then, all I did was roleplay in Hyrule Castle and watch as my older friend actually finished the game for me.
ElxBeta
F.E.A.R 1 & 2 and obviusly Amnesia.
Vext_old
Sonic Adventure: Big the Cat Fishing, it is nightmarish.
karta454515

Zekira wrote:

@above: try Pokémon Lost Silver too.

I have played it few days ago It's very creepy and bloody
All of the game is red

@Zekira
You can try"creepy black" too it's scary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGtpgD8fgW4
Pizzicato
dead space 2.
heroes of newerth.
Laraix
Dead Space 2. (hardcore mode)
I got a headache from the intensity.. and those jump scares. Ugh.
:o
DEMOLITION_D
Nice one OP.

Silent Hill 3 is by far the scariest game I have ever played, followed up by Portal. I know, Portal, wtf right? Game scared the SHIT out of me though, like for real.
TheHarlequin
Amnesia Dark Descent :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I always get muscle spasms when the monster comes TT ^ TT
Maliciousness_old
fatal frame series
ddrXero64
Shadowrun for the SNES. The worst part was that at that age I was smart enough to progress in that game, and the characters were ugly, the storyline wasn't kid friendly, and it became more eerie the longer I got through the game. I was training a guy to kill people instead of training Mario to use a hammer in Mario RPG (Legend of the Seven Stars). Not the best game for a kid to pick up, at least not a kid like me and at that age.
Xyrenus
fear2 D:
Aria-Takara
the scariest game i played was 'Fragile dreams: farewell ruins of the moon'
SYSEN
Osu!
1.Amnesia....
2.Fatal Frame 3
tyrael6192
Uhhh... I don't often play horror themed games, but when i first played Devil May Cry 1 when i was about 10, and it was dark, and i was home alone, and the marionettes fell from the ceiling... damn, I was afraid of even opening the case of the game, never mind playing it xD
FreakyTy
Wether the Majoras mask thing was real or not the story itself is creepy lol, I read the whole thing and it was a fun little read that's for sure.

Anyway the scariest game I ever played was The Suffering, just what was wrong with that game?
Navizel
Silent Hill for sure.
Waryas
osu! with flashlight.
TKiller
the very first Unreal, but I was a kid back then
Miisael_old
Silent hill from PSX, those deformed graphics shocked me when I was 6 xD
Coro
For me, the entire Silent Hill series (yes, even the arcade rail shooter) was scary. Amnesia: The Dark Descent is up there with Silent Hill, followed closely behind by F.E.A.R & Dead Space.

But for something completely different, how would you like to be scared by SNES-type games? Yume Nikki can only be described as EarthBound meets Silent Hill. It is quite creepy. Then there's .flow, the spiritual successor to Yume Nikki. It's worse than Yume Nikki. Go google to have fun tonight.

Also, not sure if Visual Novels count as games, but Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni was one hell of a nightmare.
Pokebis

CoroQuetz wrote:

Yume Nikki can only be described as EarthBound meets Silent Hill. It is quite creepy. Then there's .flow, the spiritual successor to Yume Nikki. It's worse than Yume Nikki. Go google to have fun tonight.
.flow is a fangame, not a spiritual successor. And it uses Yume Nikki like a cheat sheet, it follows its structure about as exactly as a game could get. It's still good, but a lot shorter and more linear. There's also far less to discover.
And I think Earthbound meets Silent Hill is a poor description.
Hiryuu_old
For me it would be F.E.A.R 1 and F.E.A.R 2, there were some scenes that were pretty crazy in F.E.A.R 2..but the F.E.A.R 3 that came out some time ago was quite the disappointment unfortunately :(
Vext_old
Trauma Center... Oh that nurse still haunts my dreams.

AHHHH
DOCTOR! DOCTOR! YOU CAN'T DO THAT! DOCTOR! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? DOCTOR!
Lilac
So guys, how's this Parasite Eve game like?
Dieathan
Things such as 3-Dimensional games scared the hell out of me for some parts when I was younger (Even though looking back now it wasn't even scary at all nor was it gory) but now I'm older I've actually started to became interested in horror games. But anyway, not sure if this counts but Saya no Uta can get real scary at times. Pretty good atmosphere in that.
Azure_Kite
Saya no Uta was a wonderful story though; There is no truly happy end, which is quite unusual for a story these days.

Currently reading Kara no Shoujo, that has some gruesome parts in it which make me cringe, but it doesn't really count as scary.

Silent Hill. All the way.
gabzoz456
im such a scared cat compared to you guy cuz the scaryest game i played was the RE serie but i most admit that i didnt play any other horror gameand mabe alone in the dark on ps1
MysticHrist
For me, it should be Parasite eve for the PSX. ...It was around 10 years ago.

Now I feel numb when playing these kind of games. Sigh.
Kokizi

Azure_Kyte wrote:

Saya no Uta was a wonderful story though; There is no truly happy end, which is quite unusual for a story these days.
I thought the true end was a happy ending, although Saya died.
Azure_Kite
Even though the human race was completely destroyed?
Topic Starter
Firo Prochainezo
Silent Hill. All the way.
Which one?
show more