Blaziken
Minecraft.
Yousoro
Amnesia :)
Harp Note

Blaziken wrote:

Minecraft.
It can be true sometimes xD

Alien Resurrection, for PSX, even Silent Hill can't scare me like in that game, just remembering the spiders...
Aireu
OzzyOzrock
tf2 can be scary

pppfffffffTTT HAHAHAhaHAhAAHa

scary games are scary so i stay away from them ;ccc

2spooky
Blue Stig

Blaziken wrote:

Minecraft.
I'd say Don't Starve is worse.

Although it's not really all that ba-oh dear I angered a Treegaurd.
Well that was a short ru-oh wait that tablet thing I activated earlier respawned me.
huh
WAIT WHERE DID HALF MY SANITY METER GO?!?
AAAAAAAAA MY FIR-

You have been eaten by a grue.

Bonus Edit: I tried maxing out all the world gen options.
This was the result.

NarutoUchihax
SCP & Cry Of Fear. :cry:
Setsunax
I haven't played any scary games exept slender man xD
sje
SCP: Containment breach is really freaky.
I wish this came up when i searched the forums for a horror games thread. I made one by myself without knowing >.<
[SAK]Eden

Setsunax wrote:

I haven't played any scary games exept slender man xD
Same here 8-)
Rio-
I Played Every Game that called "Scariest" by Some Guy... But I still can't find Where the Scariest Part is?.... :?
- Metro Last Light
- Resident Evil 5
- Dead Island

Except SlenderMan and Silent Hill Series, that chills Me out and I can't Sleep for one night :o
REPATHOS
I must say, Amnesia made me cry like a little girl inside my classroom years ago when I was in high school. My friends are like "Whoa dude, why are you crying" and I would be like "Shit man this is so scary." That was the day when the Amnesia virus spread around the class.

I still can't believe I finished amnesia by myself. All I remember doing is hiding like a little girl in the corner for hours wondering if the monster is gone. :(
Inori
#osu chat.

*flee*

But uhh.
I'd have to go with amnesia
Satyros
Amnesia was pretty scary. The atmosphere, story and the circumstance that you are NOT able to do anything but hide when something is chasing you. Some of those free2download games or mods for games are scary too, like Cry of Fear, SCP etc.

AND THE FREAKIN SUN LEVEL IN WORLD 2 OF SUPER MARIO BROS. 3! Scared the sh*t out of me everytime when i was young :c (also that big fish in world 3!)
MegaRevolution1
I've never played a game that truly made me think it was "scary", but I did get a pretty big jump scare from the Dragon Keep DLC in Borderlands 2 due to a Mimic chest >...>

Other than that, I also got a jump out of Metro 2033 once, but that was more so because I was lagging and the enemy just suddenly appeared behind me after it stopped lagging.

Also, I've never actually played Amnesia. Is it actually that scary, or is it just being overhyped?
GenoClysm
Lolipop chainsaw.
Beatox_old
Spider solitaire.
Darn spiders, I hate them.

*Arachnophobia*
Sorarei
Uhmmm
Fatal Frame 1
Fatal Frame 2
Fatal Frame 3
Silent Hill 4
Silent Hill Shattered Memories
Resident Evil 4
Shojhi
30 pages and no one mentioned Sweet Home yet?
It is the inspiration for Resident Evil and the Survival Horror genre, but I guess that this game isn't as popular as I thought it would be. Too bad that it was only released in Japan, but there is an English patch available. It is a pretty good blend of a RPG with limited amounts of healing items and deathtraps, as well as shocking and frightening images and scenes (for a NES game!). It even got the infamous door sequences!

I recomend it to you if you want to relive the early Resident Evil games.
There is also a movie with the same title that was released in the same year as well, it follows the story of the game, except for a few changes. I didn't watched it, but I heared that the movie is somewhat meh.

Anyway, +1 for The Witch's House, Clock Tower - The First Fear and Misao as well. I can't describe how scared I was while playing these games, it was really disturbing. :(
ExBia
I've broken my mouse while I was playing amnesia. And also slender man is so annoying scary
EZ2ACTux
Jesus FUCKING CHRIST AMNESIA!!! That game is REALLY scary!! The ambiance is spot on, the monsters are super creepy and the sanity gimick is really well exicuted.

Still the most scary FREE game would have to be Kraven Manor. Its made on the ureal engine and is REALLY scary!! If you want to know more look it up or watch markiplier play it on youtube.
DaddyCoolVipper

MegaRevolution1 wrote:

I've never played a game that truly made me think it was "scary", but I did get a pretty big jump scare from the Dragon Keep DLC in Borderlands 2 due to a Mimic chest >...>

Other than that, I also got a jump out of Metro 2033 once, but that was more so because I was lagging and the enemy just suddenly appeared behind me after it stopped lagging.

Also, I've never actually played Amnesia. Is it actually that scary, or is it just being overhyped?
It really is terrifying, yes. SCP: Containment Breach is also very good for the feeling it gives you.
Shirai Kuroko
amnesia lol
Tsukimi Luna
I'm not fond of horror games
So only a few
Ib and Mad Father
Awoo-
I'm pretty sure a lot of you know what I mean. (I was 5, my virgin eyes :( )

http://www.maniacworld.com/maze_game.htm‎ - for those who wanna try it.

Had a couple of other games later on, but considering my age, this was the worst d:
Sapphiire_old_1
For me it is Vanish , i got the goosebumps with that game x)
GeeNX
Pokemon.
Go in a cave without flash... go
Clestis
Back in the days, it used to be "Alone in the dark"
One that i played recently is F.E.A.R
slithien
SCP-087-B Scared the crap out of me the first couple times I played it, but then it got too predictable.
the_z
[redacted]
Subject_old_1
Amnesia, but my friends decided to make it scarier by playing the monster sounds through skype and seemed to do it right as I went up to a door ;-;
Other than that nothing pretty scary.
ixsq
white day

this game is terrifying
Azure_Kite
31Gabe
Super Mario 64, Noby Noby Boy and Tekken 5's Devil Within scared me a lot.

In Super Mario 64, Jolly Roger's Bay, Dire Dire Docks and Big Boo's Haunt had a bunch of creepy species like the eel, spellbooks, magic tomes, the merry-go-round trap and the hurricane. The metal box area in Hazy Maze cave has an exit which makes Mario fly out of the waterfall back to the castle grounds when failed.

Noby Noby Boy was a game with horrific, alien-like music and centers mainly on caterpillars. Really? Insects creep me out...

Devil Within had True Ogre as the last boss. I could not stand him spinning around too many times, but I at least found his weakness to grab his tail and spin throw right after landing from the flamethrower.
Nad
Condemned ;_;
Destiny
Some SCP game where you walk down stairs.
Sapphiire_old_1
My vote goes to Vanish
Alebisale
Clock Tower 3 & Amnesia dd

CT3 was way better
FrzR
Outlast. :I
show more