forum

Scariest game you have ever played.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Birdy
LSD The Dream Emulator

I have played Amnesia and SCP: Containment Breach too, but I don't find them that scary.
Seph
Fatal Frame 2 got me awake for 3 days man. 3 DAMN DAYS
Accelerator-kun
I have to say F.E.A.R. because I was very young when I played it.
Toki Hakurei
Until I get to play any Silent Hill or Resident Evil game, it would have to be certain campaign levels of the Halo series.
Accelerator-kun

Toki Hakurei wrote:

Until I get to play any Silent Hill or Resident Evil game, it would have to be certain campaign levels of the Halo series.
343 Guilty Spark?
Restless Spirit
Just Amnesia. And even Amnesia wasn't REALLY scary. So there never really was a game that was able to shock me. I'm still waiting for a game which gives me creeps and nightmares and all that.
Elfuun_old
Dementium: The ward.
It isn't that scary, but... >,<

The thing is... I am sucker for horror movies, but when it comes to survival horror games... I am more coward than a chicken.
YodaSnipe
osu!
Kanye West

YodaSnipe wrote:

osu!
QFT homie
Sena Aizawa
hmm.
i often to play horror games, i only play like silent hill, resident evil.
but most scary for me ?, Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask, and The Marionette
Tsukimi Luna
osu! is prolly the scariest game i have played...
No joke D:
Scary stuff is just not my cup of tea >w<
Tsukasa
F.E.A.R. and F.E.A.R. 2

It scared the shit out of me
XSCX
Fatal Frame/Amnesia/Penumbra/Silent Hill
Nanael_old

YodaSnipe wrote:

osu!
I can't see this working out unless you suffer of melophobia...
Azure_Kite
OH MY GOD THE CIRCLES EVERYWHERE I CAN'T PROCEED AAAH
Kokoro Hikari
Corpse Party. You guys should play it
PROGUY
Pokémon 1st Generation.

Edit:
Gundam-Dude
lmao PROGUY

I guess for me it'd have to be Fatal Frame. Dead Space was startling at times but I wouldn't say it was scary aside from those moments where you get gangbanged and are low on both health and ammo, rofl
Animcia
Scariest game? For me it is Ib.
PROGUY
...Okay whoever introduced about Irisu Syndrome in this topic should die deserves a silver medal. I almost got a freakin heart attack after watching a YT vid about it. This one to be precise. (Recommended to watch in the afternoon or when you're NOT alone)

Edit: Oh just great, now I can't sleep >:(
Beuchi
Irisu Syndrome is a great game, I loved it :)

But the scariest game I've ever played is probably SCP: Containtment Breach.
FREAKING SCP-106 :cry:
PROGUY

Beuchi-chan wrote:

Irisu Syndrome is a great game, I loved it :)
WHAT!? That game loses all sanity and you still love it!? I don't see how this is lovable, especially with the creepy storyline. WTF.

Also it's 4:15 A.M. here and I still can't effin' sleep.

On second thought, DON'T YOU GUYS EVEN DARE GOOGLING OR CLICKING THAT YOUTUBE LINK I POSTED ABOUT IRISU SYNDROME. PLEASE, SAVE YOUR SANITY.
Beuchi

PROGUY wrote:

WHAT!? That game loses all sanity and you still love it!? I don't see how this is lovable, especially with the creepy storyline. WTF.
Well, of course it's all scary with all those effects and the messed up story, but I meant I loved the game as a concept :P I like scary stories and suspense :3
Nanael_old

Beuchi-chan wrote:

... I like scary stories and suspense :3 ...

As far as I can remember, I am the same, I take it as some sort of masochism.
My only problem is that I got used to "scary" stuff. With that said, I never played this one you two are mentioning, I hope it doesn't let me down.

Edit: This is pretty weird.
PROGUY

Nanael wrote:

My only problem is that I got used to "scary" stuff. With that said, I never played this one you two are mentioning, I hope it doesn't let me down.

Edit: This is pretty weird.
You probably haven't gotten to the REALLY SCARY parts yet. It's very creepy if you play this alone. I recommend you to stop playing it and uninstall it ASAP. It even creates and modifies files on its directory and SHE EVEN F'KING WALKS OUTSIDE YOUR WINDOW IN ONE OF THE ENDINGS.

If you're still curious and at the same time clueless of what's going on, I'll make a short explanation of how to find most of the stuff in the game based on what I've found out (I haven't played it yet, THANK GOD).
SPOILER
Score < 20k = Watch your photo.png (in your game directory) each time a scene occurs. If you do this consecutively six times, an ending will occur.
Score 20k - 40k = 2nd ending, don't fullscreen your window. FFFFFFFFF- Also you can safely reopen the game to continue watching the ending.
Score 40k - 100k = Don't lose here, I'm serious. Kill yourself if you did.
Score > 100k = Something else will appear in your game directory and the title screen changes.
Nanael_old
The hell am I reading... So this game is some sort of Alternate Reality Game on its own?
This is a completely new concept to me. I'm so going to finish it now.

By the way, PROGUY, howcome you're scared of something you didn't even play yet?
Now is a good time to give it a try don't you think?
Beuchi

PROGUY wrote:

SHE EVEN F'KING WALKS OUTSIDE YOUR WINDOW IN ONE OF THE ENDINGS.
But that's the best part!! Even if it's scary as hell, you have to admit that's something really original and there isn't anything similar around. That's what makes it special and good :P
Mercurial
Amnesia?

btw, I can't find a game who really scare me...
PROGUY

Nanael wrote:

The hell am I reading... So this game is some sort of Alternate Reality Game on its own?
This is a completely new concept to me. I'm so going to finish it now.

By the way, PROGUY, howcome you're scared of something you didn't even play yet?
Now is a good time to give it a try don't you think?
Well yeah, you can say that. It's mentioned somewhere that the second ending is a fourth-wall breaking experience, so...

Anyway, I did watch a YouTube clip as posted above and also did some googling around in between to understand better. It was a bad idea. Some pictures that were already posted online were extremely disturbing. After all of that, I'm convinced that it's not worth it for me to even bother and try it out.

I even made a freakin blog post that describes pretty much most of the things I've found out about this game (Contains spoiler for all the easter eggs, but no spoilers story-wise.).

Also right now I'm watching a Let's Play of LSD, thanks to a friend who introduced it to me in FaceBook. Holy crap why am I doing this lol

Beuchi-chan wrote:

Even if it's scary as hell, you have to admit that's something really original and there isn't anything similar around. That's what makes it special and good :P
I have to agree with that. There's no other freaking game some of us knows that does this sort of thing. I'll give credit just for that.
Azure_Kite
It's not really scary so much as it's atmospheric. I was never really "Scared" from any of the endings, sure some were creepy, but hey. Creepy is the sounds I hear of a night after I turn off all the lights and crawl into bed.
Nanael_old

Azure_Kite wrote:

It's not really scary so much as it's atmospheric. I was never really "Scared" from any of the endings, sure some were creepy, but hey. Creepy is the sounds I hear of a night after I turn off all the lights and crawl into bed.
I'm so tempted to ask about those sounds...
Azure_Kite
Eh, you know. Creaking. Floorboards squeaking as if stepped upon. Taps on the door.

On more than one occasion late at night I've seen sudden white flashes of light in my peripheral vision, usually when I'm at my computer. As has my Aunt, which is the strange part. Unless a power point is sparking or something. But then I would expect the whole house would lose power as the safety switch tripped.

Peculiar.
Nanael_old
This is where I either become the voice of reason, saying that there must be a rational explanation, or full fanatic; telling you to call the ghostbusters.

Lucky you, I'm pretty much agnostic. The only thing I can say is that I'm honestly jealous, that sounds a lot of fun.
PROGUY
@Nanael: You should visit haunted mansions more often :p
awp
creaking wood is extremely commonplace

most materials expand or shrink under certain temperatures and that happens a lot. My closet randomly makes loud banging sounds all the time
boat
lugaru hd the custom story "Abduction" for amnesia.

shat my pants
Ad0lfMena
The House, LOL
Nanael_old

PROGUY wrote:

@Nanael: You should visit haunted mansions more often :p
Actually, never been inside one. Wanna join? I think the are none over here though...
Aoko
Silent Hill Arcade x3
The Ribbon Red

Ad0lfMena wrote:

The House, LOL
Not that flash game.

I really don't like games that not only jumpscare you, but still frighten you with some visual horror and chilling atmosphere.

But at the same time, I feel a bit of joy in my heart. Joy of being scared.

I've been hearing Amnesia a lot around here. But Amnesia so far has only jumscared me and frighten me with the grunts actions, not their visual impact or anything. It really doesn't have a long term effect so far. Hoping to see that in Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.
show more