forum

Scariest game you have ever played.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Dafydd
The only horror games I played were Resident Evil 1 and 2 (THAT WAS AGES AGO!). Then I just started to play Resident Evil 4 right now, then 5 once I finish it. Anyway, I'm such a wimp that I'm really jumpy at times. I heard that Silent Hill is much scarier than Res Evil, so I won't be playing that game for a long time. :D
Irisu_old
Amnesia. I've only watched videos of it but it was enough to scare the living heck out of me. :o
nanuyaeatssushi
Scariest game I ever played was probably Silent Hill 4: The Room? Still can't get over the two-headed thing :O
thelewa

oh man these references are the scariest thing ever
diggydumdum
Oh yes, for me it's got to be, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, AND Silent Hill (all versions.)` D;
Hiza-chan
Hmm, I'm not sure between Amnesia or Silent Hill: Homecoming. I'd say Silent Hill: Homecoming because of the fact in the first area, I would jump when the doors closed on their own. Thing is, I knew what it was but still kept jumping.

As for Amnesia, I got past the water part and wasn't really scared because I knew it was going to happen since I watched videos of it. Though, I can't seem to get myself to play it. I have to have someone either in a call with me or have my boyfriend sit by me XD.
awp

ragelewa wrote:

oh man these references are the scariest thing ever
shadow hearts so awesome
Mismagius
So... no one posted this yet. I am disappoint.

THE SCARIEST GAME EVER
I just got done playing one of the SCARIEST video games ever. Now, hear me out before saying, "Oh, he's probably just a fag that gets scared of everything." I don't get scared of video games or movies. I've played many survival horror games and have seen many horror movies in my day. The only thing that made me just a tiny bit scared were some parts of Penumbra and Condemned. Amnesia was pretty good. Everything else was just boring. This game was different. VERY different.
You aren't given any sort of backstory to the game at all. As soon as you press play, it throws you right into the game. However, I was able to piece together what the story basically is through finally beating this little brick shitter. Apparently, you're a madman. We're never given the name, but you can guess what it is if you pay attention to the title screen. For some reason, you escaped from whatever mental hospital room you were hiding in. Now, the very horrid state of your mind has transformed the halls of the hospital into nothing but a pitch black maze with the only light being the walls, which glow a deathly blue.

Your character is apparently some type of mad cannibal that you can barely control. You can force him to turn corners in the creepy hallway, but not much else can be done. Your character seems to grab anything and try to eat it; whatever is in front of him is thrown into his mouth and he munches it down.

While playing the game, you're being chased by four hideous and fucking scary ghost monsters. You cannot hurt them at all, and to come even close to one is instant death, in which the ghost latches onto you and rips you inside all, all while you hear the horrible noise of your body being torn.

You can, however, eat some odd objects hidden in the maze, after which your character goes into an even more unstable state. You can literally EAT the ghost monsters. Your character runs right up to them and devours them, only leaving their eyes.

There aren't any words to describe how horrific and terrifying this game is, and I don't want to spoil the surprises for you. Just go ahead and try it for yourself. Google the word Pac-Man. You'll find it on the first search.
Mercurial
Listen the Hunter screaming for the first time at 2:00 A.M. (Left 4 Dead)

And look at Meat Boy dying and dying and dying and dying...

That's too scary... =/
Rii_old_1

Blue Dragon wrote:

THE SCARIEST GAME EVER
I just got done playing one of the SCARIEST video games ever. Now, hear me out before saying, "Oh, he's probably just a fag that gets scared of everything." I don't get scared of video games or movies. I've played many survival horror games and have seen many horror movies in my day. The only thing that made me just a tiny bit scared were some parts of Penumbra and Condemned. Amnesia was pretty good. Everything else was just boring. This game was different. VERY different.
You aren't given any sort of backstory to the game at all. As soon as you press play, it throws you right into the game. However, I was able to piece together what the story basically is through finally beating this little brick shitter. Apparently, you're a madman. We're never given the name, but you can guess what it is if you pay attention to the title screen. For some reason, you escaped from whatever mental hospital room you were hiding in. Now, the very horrid state of your mind has transformed the halls of the hospital into nothing but a pitch black maze with the only light being the walls, which glow a deathly blue.

Your character is apparently some type of mad cannibal that you can barely control. You can force him to turn corners in the creepy hallway, but not much else can be done. Your character seems to grab anything and try to eat it; whatever is in front of him is thrown into his mouth and he munches it down.

While playing the game, you're being chased by four hideous and fucking scary ghost monsters. You cannot hurt them at all, and to come even close to one is instant death, in which the ghost latches onto you and rips you inside all, all while you hear the horrible noise of your body being torn.

You can, however, eat some odd objects hidden in the maze, after which your character goes into an even more unstable state. You can literally EAT the ghost monsters. Your character runs right up to them and devours them, only leaving their eyes.

There aren't any words to describe how horrific and terrifying this game is, and I don't want to spoil the surprises for you. Just go ahead and try it for yourself. Google the word Pac-Man. You'll find it on the first search.
I was somehow thinking of a pac-man ripoff in 3d with horror effects, seems it was pacman lol
Salvage

Blue Dragon wrote:

THE SCARIEST GAME EVER

i was paying attention all along like a retard then smiled at the end, lmao good one good one
-Athena-
6 years ago i played resident evil 4 (I was 10)
omg the horror...... but it was super super addicting though~
Skuld
The first Silent Hill. (considering that I was 8 first time I played it)
Sakura
Fatal Frame II and Corpse Party
kriers
I remember having serious trouble building up the courage to slay the first zombie in The Elder Scroll IV: Oblivion
LukaXD
Zero 4 (aka Fatal Frame 4)
Drexel13
damn..
now I'm scared of Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Amnesia: Justine :(
awp
Space Quest 4 had a few creepy moments. Particularly in the post-apocalyptic Space Quest (12, I think?) with those pasty starving white guys with their eyes clamped open who would scream if they saw you
9GAG_Trooper
Amnesia :o
Drexel13

9GAG_Trooper wrote:

I know that feeling bro... :o
emonite
Pokemon...I'm joking of course.Believe it or not,I have played only Dead Space 2 and F.E.A.R 3 as I don't dare to buy scary games.Bought Dead Space 2 because of its Advanced Suit and F.E.A.R 3 because of its slow-motion ability.
I tried playing Amnesia but had to Alt-F4 halfway to make sure my OWN sanity remain intact though that game is more about the atmosphere and the monsters as a added "bonus".
Watched Fatal Frame 4 trailer,never see it again and never will.
Decipher

9GAG_Trooper wrote:

I see. :o
billy96
Metrojd

Nuff said.

And no, it's not a typo.
Samwais
Amnesia: The dark descent

I played it all the way through. My brains will be scarred for life. Needless to say I removed Amnesia from my computer immediately after completing it x.x
silmarilen
the scary maze game, with the face popping up in lvl 3.
Fight69
You guys should try SCP-087-B.

Here's a link : http://www.mediafire.com/?xb22f84tau46exm
SereneMidnight
I don't find the Dead Space series that scary, and F.E.A.R.'s scariness factor wasn't enough to scare me. From what I've seen from it, Corpse Party may be the game to finally scare me.
KinomiCandy
The Scary Maze. Played it at Halloween. Alone. Dark. ugu
MickX
In regards to horror games I'm admittedly quite a wimp. So far I have yet to try the likes of Resident Evil, or most of the names mentioned in this topic for that matter. xD

One moment that definitely scared the shit out of me was in Super Metroid for SNES though. When I played it for the first time a few years ago I already had played the GBA Metroid titles and was familiar with the environment of the series. Super Metroid, however, managed to keep me on my toes many times throughout, especially from Lower Norfair onwards.

To be even more specific, that final area where you finally encounter the Metroid larva that was stolen from the space station, now massively oversized and immune to all your attacks, sucking you down mercilessly to 1HP health until it finally realizes something, and later the 2nd boss phase of Mother Brain, with it's giant SHOOP DA WHOOP... I mean Hyper Beam lockdown of doom. On both situations I felt so overwhelmed I thought I missed some key item or skill beforehand, until I realize there's nothing I could do but watch (or in the latter situation, pray and fight back holding my heart tight).

On top of that, Super Metroid is a game without a dense narrative. All storytelling was done through small animated sequences alone. This made the end-game experience really, REALLY memorable, IMO. :)
Pokebis
Resident Evil isn't scary at all so you can qualm your fears.
SereneMidnight
Now that I think about it... I did remember seeing someone playing an earlier version of Ao Oni. Wasn't v6, which is apparently much scarier, but still... Doesn't look that scary.
Kotaro
mine was The Scary Maze game . . it scared the shit out of me when i was 7 =w=
darn that friggin scary face
Blue Stig
The Bastion swamp fungus nightmare sequence. With headphones.
The narrator's voice switching from ear to ear...
The screen flashing black...
Playing the levels in reverse...
tolliken
Definetly - Call of cthulhu dark corners of the earth.
And "scp-087" was awesome too.
PaiYuri
Yume Nikki, with Clocktower (the SFC original) as follow-up.

And while it wasn't scary in general, Thief: Deadly Shadows had some of the scariest moments that I ever experienced in a game. And all of them in one mission. Of course, I'm talking about the Shalebridge Cradle.
Pizzicato
Fatal frame III and hotel 626
ugh
mega_mac
for me it was the silent hill.... huh :(
420Guy
Dead Space 2, Fear 2, Condemned 2 and Doom 3
Heibel
Hotel 616 i dare you to try it
Laharl
Clock Tower II - The Struggle Within.

Oh. My. God. *gets a broom and smacks the zombies into the ground*