forum

Red switches vs razer switches

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lex TheGayOtter
I'm planning on buying a new keyboard soon, trying to decide between the razer mechanical switches and red switches, can I get some opinions on which is better?
DMD
Used both. Would take red switches any day. Razer is known for low quality products, same goes for their switches. Reds are strongly recommended over the Razer switches in my opinion. I've used reds, blues and Razer orange switches previously. Now I'm getting a Ducky Shine 5 with brown switches.
Sh1ni
It is really hard to get use to red switches.
Isn't better to buy blue switches for your rank?
For example, I've got about 5800 with blue switches. They are really helpful to train skill and easy to get use to.
Meanwhile red switches is really good for highskill players.
Topic Starter
Lex TheGayOtter

Sh1ni wrote:

It is really hard to get use to red switches.
Isn't better to buy blue switches for your rank?
For example, I've got about 5800 with blue switches. They are really helpful to train skill and easy to get use to.
I've been using black switches for about a year :P
Sh1ni

Chromia wrote:

I've been using black switches for about a year :P
Anyway, if you aren't tried blue switches - it is like the reason to try it.
Tactile thing is really helpful for midskill players.
Vuelo Eluko
Buy the Razer™ Mechanical Switches: The World's First Mechanical Switch Designed For Gaming. I highly recommend the Razer™ Orange Switch because they are silent keys with optimized tactile feel. Not only are they ultra durable with up to 60 million keystrokes, they also feature optimized actuation and reset points as well as precision manufacturing process for tighter tolerance.

Here's a quote from a popular League of Legends player regarding the new Razer™ Mechanical Switches:
Having used the BlackWidow as my default keyboard for all these years, and watching it evolve is truly amazing. Razer takes what is already the best and makes it even better. The new switches feel great and give me total control of each keystroke. This is unlike anything that I have experienced before.” - Yiliang "Doublelift" Peng
But seriously. Black switches.
Sh1ni

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

60 million keystrokes
Do you believe in your own words?
Razer Switches = Recolored Kailh Switches.
Kailh Switches = 10 million keystrokes.
So what do you need to make your switches 6 time more durable is recolor them.

Or it is sarcasm, and I just don't got it?
A Medic
Stay away from razor keyboards like the plague man.

Just get the cherry switches.
Endie-

A Medic wrote:

Stay away from razor keyboards like the plague man.

Just get the cherry switches.
I have the k70 with reds myself. Would recommend any day.
Daxxor

Sh1ni wrote:

D-D-..Does that mean I'm a highskill player? :o

On a serious note though, I'd take the reds over others any day. Improved my accuracy sooooooo much.
Only downside would be typing in the beginning, lot of times I accidentally activate the key twice without even noticing. That problem fades the more you use it though.

Conclusion? Recommended 200%
TakuMii
Razer Greens are Kailh knockoffs of MX Blues, and Razer Oranges are Kailh knockoffs of MX Browns. If you must go for Cherry MX knockoffs, you should actually look into getting good ones, like Gateron's.

(that being said, each switch has their own advantages and disadvantages, and the best type of switch is subjective. But as someone who spends a lot of time typing, I would personally recommend going for a tactile switch like Cherry MX Brown, Cherry MX Clear, maybe Cherry MX Blue, or even Omron Romer-G)
uzzi

YayMii wrote:

I would personally recommend going for a tactile switch like Cherry MX Brown, Cherry MX Clear, maybe Cherry MX Blue, or even Omron Romer-G)
I can attest to this! Tactile > linear for typing and general use.
Sayorie
I've been using red switches since I started playing mania and it's okay. Had some problems like significant unstable rate and misclicking at times, but it's superb for jackhammers(o!m) and streaming (o!std). Then my friend offered me to swap with his k70 blues, then over time, my accuracy went better and I just love to use it on all games aside from osu (because it just felt so different from the reds). Downside, I had to re-train my fingers again for streaming.

In the meanwhile, I have a 2nd backup keyboard, Razer browns, and overall, it's okay. The tactile bumps are working for me fine. I still don't trust the quality, though, because sometimes the lights would flicker and it makes me nervous.
FrzR
Took me a year to get used to red switches but everything is going well for me so far. I recommend trying the browns first as it gives you the good tactile bump on each press, and it doesn't give too much noise with blues if you're not into the click.

Don't get caught up by the Razer Fanboy plague. If only Razer did well with their quality control I could've gone for their keyboards but nope.

If there are stores that has a preview on mechanical keyboards with different switches, give yourself a good fill by tapping all the keys and see which feels better for you. :D