AJamez wrote:

can someone stop this man
yes just stop ranking his maps lol
do not do this.
sxy62146214
Studying everyday /o/
Topic Starter
JBHyperion
Props to -Luminate for their first Ranked difficulty!

Sweet gains from Myle and rew0825 who both shoot up to the exact same placing (#35), congrats on your ranked sets both!

Two new records this update as well, though I expect one of them will be relinquished soon as someone might be getting their first set Ranked (:
Ascendance
Congrats Piku <3
Kimitakari
2 digit ayy
Xinnoh
bumping so it doesn't disappear
Kimitakari
Maybe pinning this so we can't forget that this post exists?
koemada

Nelly wrote:

Maybe pinning this so we can't forget that this post exists?
-Hex-
Hi and 300 posts \o/
Topic Starter
JBHyperion
Since many people would like this to remain visible I guess I'll pin it, yay for self-promotion
Ascendance
now my name will be known to the world
Jemzuu
im double digits now :nyab:
Topic Starter
JBHyperion
Yay now that ugoku is ranked there are even more 3-person collabs to make difficulty-specific listings look ugly as heck \o/
wonjae
Topic Starter
JBHyperion
If my calculations are correct (and they're probably not but I'm going to pretend they are anyway), Spec's Gensou no Satellite marks 1500 Ranked osu!catch difficulties.

When I started recording these statistics in late 2015 there were a little over 400. That leaves us with roughly 1100 difficulties reaching Ranked in the years of 2016-present, and around 500 of those (almost half!) occurring since the start of this year.

That's pretty cool I guess.
wonjae
wooo!
celerih
Oh hey made it to top 20 neat.

Top 10 next 👀
Spectator
top3 soon
Ascendance

Spectator wrote:

top3 soon
join the exclusive club
Krfawy
All of my ranked standard maps convert to cups just perfectly, so how come I am not included? :^(
Kimitakari

Krfawy wrote:

All of my ranked standard maps convert to cups just perfectly, so how come I am not included? :^(
You should make at least one diff for a specific diff which is o!ctb. Converts just doesn't count for this ranking.
Topic Starter
JBHyperion
Sorry friend, I'm just one man and a lot of extremely inefficient processes - including converts is not even close to being a realistic proposition for me so I chose to just focus on catch specific maps.
Topic Starter
JBHyperion
Big update this month since I've been rather busy and unable to keep up. Lots of movement, so congrats and thanks to everyone working hard to bring more great content to the Ranked section! 2018 has already blown all previous years' records out of the water, so keep up the good work! (:

Please let me know if there are any errors or inconsistencies, since there were so many maps it's likely something errant sneaked in somewhere.
wonjae
we appreciate the work jbh!
Ascendance
good job ascendance you hit 200 ranked diffs before everyone else

thank u
Topic Starter
JBHyperion
Updated the ranking thingimybobs once again, kudos(u) to Error- and IDu5t on their first Ranked difficulties /o/ /o/ /o/ /o/

Also a minor QoL tweak on the spreadsheet, since I worked out how to INDEX/MATCH with multiple criteria, the highest annual rank count and best breakout year columns now display the mappers who actually achieved those things, instead of just a random number drifting through the statistic aether. So yeah, that's pretty nifty I would say.

Side note, we're approaching 700 Ranked contributions for 2018 which would be double the number achieved in 2017 and that's rather awesome. Great work everyone <3
-Hex-
owo!!
-Keitaro
owo
Dapulezatos
owo
Topic Starter
JBHyperion
Big thanks to Sanyi for much of the work on this update. Apologies for not keeping this as frequently updated as some people may have wanted!
Ascendance
300 ranked diffs :D
Kimitakari
look at that gamer dude
Topic Starter
JBHyperion
In case it wasn't obvious, this forum post is not going to be updated further unless someone else wants to take over as I simply don't have the time to keep up with it anymore. I will continue to keep the spreadsheet updated regularly since automatic sorting / filtering helps a lot.

Won't lock this so continue to discuss stuff here if you want (though give there was a 9 month gap between my last post and Ascendance "There's-nothing-more-for-me-to-do-in-this-game" osu! flexing his latest milestone, I don't expect it to be a problem.

I will cap this off with some cool stats though for anyone who cares:

1. We recently hit 2500 Ranked osu!catch diffs, with ~800 of them coming since the start of 2019 (the most productive year in our game mode's history
  2. 66 different mappers have achieved a Ranked difficulty since the start of 2019, which is also a record for a calendar year
  3. There are now 13 people with 50+ Ranked difficulties - at the start of 2019 this number was 7
  4. Of the 10 most prolific mappers since the start of 2019, half achieved their first Ranked difficulty only last year (in 2018)
MBomb
I feel as though the fact the spreadsheet is the main actual record now (With the forum being outdated), you should probably make this more clear in the opening post? Like it's said down here, but that's not very evident to anyone who looks here and just reads the post, since the link to the spreadsheet just says it's "an alternative format focused more on the history of osu!catch mapping". Just making bigger text either above or below saying it's more up to date would be nice.
Topic Starter
JBHyperion
@MBomb - good point, I have reworded some parts of the description to make it clear what is and is not still being updated, and that all forum stats were correct at the time of final update (2019-03-16).

I have also made the spreadsheet significantly more prominent, so it should be much easier for people to find.

Lastly, linked to Nelly's more recent kudosu ranking also.
[ Sebastian ]
Interesting that this is still updated (Albeit January was still a little while ago). I thought it would've been forgotten by now.
Topic Starter
JBHyperion
I'm too busy to regularly update the sheet anymore, but if I have an hour or so free and nothing else to do then it might happen (:

What really is needed is an automated system that can pull info from the API, since it's become a manual grind with the amount of content reaching Ranked (and the number of collabs in particular) nowadays. An old man can but dream...