community forum

[resolved] [confirmed] enchant widget (?) causes profiles to not load

posted
Total Posts
35
Topic Starter
_Johan
Problem Details:
Whenever I go to my own profile page the site crashes.

I tried to visit the site with other computer and with a phone, but it still crashed.
I even went to our local library and tried to go to my profile page but it didn't work there either.

However everyone else's profile pages work perfectly fine.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
(My mouse stops moving and the site crashes)




osu! version: 20151121.2 (latest)
TheVileOne
It breaks for me too. Confirming.
VeilStar
Works fine here on both chrome and firefox...
Sakura no Hana
^ Same here. Probably fixed by itself?
Darkform
Breaks for me
VeilStar

loliyn wrote:

Breaks for me
What browser? Also, I'm curious if blocking the enchant widget (which you can open by clicking the 'get help' button on the help forum page) with any content blocker (such as adblock) solves the issue, as I've seen someone else's profile freeze every browser before, and blocking enchant solved this.
Darkform

VeilStar wrote:

loliyn wrote:

Breaks for me
What browser? Also, I'm curious if blocking the enchant widget (which you can open by clicking the 'get help' button on the help forum page) with any content blocker (such as adblock) solves the issue, as I've seen someone else's profile freeze every browser before, and blocking enchant solved this.
I'm using google chrome.

Edit: Doesn't crash on Firefox or Microsoft Edge
VeilStar
Aaand it turns out it worked fine on Chrome for me because I blocked certain things before to get around this exact issue.

Using this as a filter in adblock will make the profile work, but their performance graph won't be visible.
osu.ppy.sh##svg

Affected profiles (that I know of)
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/6567764 StriderG_G
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/2717458 King Sombra
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/4487521 Stembridge
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/3750365 Bakuenjin
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/2831793 filsdelama
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/4123502 NoNiC
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/6573642 LauraSerky
Bakuenjin
Looks like it is fixed.
Alle affected pages are working for me in Chrome.
Trosk-

Bakuenjin wrote:

Looks like it is fixed.
Alle affected pages are working for me in Chrome.
Same, seems like they are working fine now.
Bakuenjin
Brakes again for me.
Con you guys check, maybe I am the only one.
VeilStar

Bakuenjin wrote:

Brakes again for me.
Con you guys check, maybe I am the only one.
Yep... moving this back. We'll have to wait untill we hear back from Enchant.
Bakuenjin
Seems to work again. Me and my friends are not having any problems with my site.
I find it really strange how it seems to break and fix by itself (?). dont know if it will stay fixed or if my profile will stop working again in two days or something.
Trosk-

Bakuenjin wrote:

Seems to work again. Me and my friends are not having any problems with my site.
I find it really strange how it seems to break and fix by itself (?). dont know if it will stay fixed or if my profile will stop working again in two days or something.
It's strange, yes. Let's keep this thread here for a bit and see if the problem comes back or if it's actually gone.
Mahogany
I just checked all 4 of those profiles, and they all worked fine for me personally.
Bakuenjin

Mahogany wrote:

I just checked all 4 of those profiles, and they all worked fine for me personally.
Yes, The other profiles work fine since 4 days. But mine just broke short after it again but seem to work now. I dont know many profiles really caused Chrome to crash, but I am pretty sure we four werent The only profiles.

EDIT: broken again.

EDIT2: Fixed again. Dont know if I should update that all the time xD
VeilStar
Bump. If I recall correctly this was an issue with svg drawing in Chrome and I can't replicate the issue at the moment. Is anyone with an affected profile still having issues?
filsdelama
I can access everybody's osu profile page, except mine, which freezes after one or two seconds. This bug appeared yesterday.
I can access it using Internet Explorer though (I'm using Chrome), so I tried to delete cache, but it didn't fix it.
Is there anything I can do? Thanks in advance.
VeilStar

filsdelama wrote:

I can access everybody's osu profile page, except mine, which freezes after one or two seconds. This bug appeared yesterday.
I can access it using Internet Explorer though (I'm using Chrome), so I tried to delete cache, but it didn't fix it.
Is there anything I can do? Thanks in advance.
I merged your thread into this one as it's the same issue, and it answers my previous question.
Topic Starter
_Johan
Just found one more profile page with this problem:
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/2999899
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply