forum

anyone play World of Warcraft?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
IIIIIIIIIIIII
Looking for some friends to run around azeroth with, add me on btag if you want to. (Redemption#1199)
Myxo
I don't play WoW, but your name change makes me sad :(
Btw you could have posted this in the other WoW thread we have... But generally the audience seems to be quite low here.
La Volpe
Did somebody say..? [Thunderfury blessed blade of the windseeker] I'm one of the 5 people (Probably more lol) that plays WoW on these forums. Currently playing on Arthas-US Horde side. I main a mistweaver monk ilvl 719. If you need help with lfr/dungeons queues hit me up Phantom#1962
Rilene
I wanna play WoW but holy, 15$ per month.
Gumpy

Rilene wrote:

that isn't a lot, really when you consider all the other subscriptions people have.
Vulf
ilvl 725 Rogue and 720 DK tank on Fenris-US Alliance. I have a bunch of Alliance characters in almost all level brackets from 1-100 so if you are on Alliance I can find something to play with you. Vulf#1414

Desperate-kun wrote:

I don't play WoW, but your name change makes me sad :(
Btw you could have posted this in the other WoW thread we have... But generally the audience seems to be quite low here.
I know you are not talking about the thread that hasn't had a reply in over 2 years. :(
At least I know the last time I bumped something that old here people raged.

Rilene wrote:

I haven't paid $$$ for my subscription in 8 months. You can safely buy game time with gold now.
Rilene
But I don't have credit card anyway and the economy here isn't good as your economy, by that... I simply mean I don't have lots of spare money for gaming-related stuffs.

I prefer games like one-time purchase (Like W3:FT)or free to play with extra purchasable stuffs with IRL.

If I have credit card then I would try to save money for it. :(
Vulf
If Legion fails I can see WoW going either one time purchase or straight up free to play.

Kinda glad it is still subscription based seeing how 90% of the free to play MMORPG's are pay to win these days. Some of the micro-transaction in WoW is already bad enough and I don't even want to imagine how terrible it would be if it was free to play.
Justykanna

Vulf wrote:

Kinda glad it is still subscription based seeing how 90% of the free to play MMORPG's are pay to win these days.
I've tried to find a free, non-pay to win MMO for ages and have yet to find one. These pay to win ones are always terribly designed, I don't get what the point of making it free to play to begin with if it's gonna be garbage without investing in it. =/

Played WoW between late-Vanilla to the end of Mists of Pandaria. Loved WoW but don't have the time to back up how much it costs (and I don't have the gold on my characters to pay for it that way either). FFXIV's another that I love, but same situation.
Rilene

Justykanna wrote:

I've tried to find a free, non-pay to win MMO for ages and have yet to find one. These pay to win ones are always terribly designed, I don't get what the point of making it free to play to begin with if it's gonna be garbage without investing in it. =/
I know a good MMORPG game that consists of variety complex of system that enchances the game and has a storyline within game that updates every like new chapter but sadly, it is only available at Japan (by that, it is blocked from outside from Japan) and you can only play by VPN, english chat on public will get you banned (private is not if they don't report you). :(
And still a free-to-play with micro-transactions.

Finding a completely free game is literally almost non-existant.

And the game name is "Emil Chronicle Online" but google search it with "emil chronicle online japan" as if there are few other servers out there.
Vulf

Justykanna wrote:

Vulf wrote:

Kinda glad it is still subscription based seeing how 90% of the free to play MMORPG's are pay to win these days.

Played WoW between late-Vanilla to the end of Mists of Pandaria. Loved WoW but don't have the time to back up how much it costs (and I don't have the gold on my characters to pay for it that way either). FFXIV's another that I love, but same situation.
It's to squeeze as much money out of people as possible. A lot of those games even go as far as to lower design quality to focus purely on how much money they can make. It is quite sad honestly. If I want a truly free to play game I just stick with Smite or LoL even though they are not MMORPG's and do not require much time to be put into them if you are a casual player.

Completely understandable. If I wasn't gold capped on two characters I would have quit months ago.
Justykanna

Vulf wrote:

It's to squeeze as much money out of people as possible. A lot of those games even go as far as to lower design quality to focus purely on how much money they can make. It is quite sad honestly. If I want a truly free to play game I just stick with Smite or LoL even though they are not MMORPG's and do not require much time to be put into them if you are a casual player.

Completely understandable. If I wasn't gold capped on two characters I would have quit months ago.
I'm with you there. It's extremely sad. Why lower the quality of your game and make people pay "optional" costs? Who knows.
Yeah, League's always been my go-to game, even though I'm awful at it.

There's a gold cap? xD Hilarious.
lol
I stopped playing when people in my raid team got banned for botting. We were decently placed in overall progress (top 5% eu) but eventually it disbanded and I sold all the gold from our 6 guild banks.

I do still log on to do the old raids though, gotta get dat Invincible/Alysrazor mount!

Anyone on EU feel free to add my btag I play every game on battle.net :) DSH#2484
Vulf

Justykanna wrote:

There's a gold cap? xD Hilarious.
Yeah lol. 1 million per character. With the way garrisons in WoD work I very easily pull 150k gold a month across 3 characters even after the massive gold nerf. It is really stupid how easy gold is to make in this game now.

dosu wrote:

I stopped playing when people in my raid team got banned for botting.
It sucks to lose friends or a fun group of people to play with but I have absolutely no sympathy for those people at all.
With how easy gold is to make in this game there is no reason to bot.
Kei
I used to play it until I ran out of subscription time and money as well lmao. I want to save up money and play again soon though. When I get to buy more playtime I'll add you. I mostly play alone and we all know WoW without friends is pretty boring. :(

I'll leave my battletag here anyway: Kat #11829
Justykanna

Vulf wrote:

Yeah lol. 1 million per character. With the way garrisons in WoD work I very easily pull 150k gold a month across 3 characters even after the massive gold nerf. It is really stupid how easy gold is to make in this game now.

It sucks to lose friends or a fun group of people to play with but I have absolutely no sympathy for those people at all.
With how easy gold is to make in this game there is no reason to bot.
Ha, I never knew that in all my years of playing. I never got into Garrisons (since I quit at the end of Mists of Pandaria) but I heard they were decently fun. I had a ton of fun doing the farming in Mists of Pandaria on like... seven toons so I probably would have had fun with it if I got into it.

Yeah I don't have any sympathy for botters either. My GM saw a LOT of them in mid-late Mists of Pandaria and it drove her crazy. Reported every single one.
ColdTooth
I still play WoW

Monk healing is my specialty, and arcane mages are op
Topic Starter
IIIIIIIIIIIII
Thanks for posting everyone, quick question though. Umm... how do i reply to someone individually? i mean without making another post like this.

<------------------- New to the forums.
- M o s h i -
I play on Nostalrius Begins.

If it counts.

lel
La Volpe

IIIIIIIIIIIII wrote:

Thanks for posting everyone, quick question though. Umm... how do i reply to someone individually? i mean without making another post like this.

<------------------- New to the forums.
If you want to send a private message to somebody, click on the letter icon under their avatar.
Nyquill
man where was this thread 6 months ago when I played
Topic Starter
IIIIIIIIIIIII

Vulf wrote:

If Legion fails I can see WoW going either one time purchase or straight up free to play.

Kinda glad it is still subscription based seeing how 90% of the free to play MMORPG's are pay to win these days. Some of the micro-transaction in WoW is already bad enough and I don't even want to imagine how terrible it would be if it was free to play.
Well, the micro transactions are mostly for mounts / battle pets or transmog, you can't buy gear can you? (yeah this comment is a little late :P)
Vulf

IIIIIIIIIIIII wrote:

Well, the micro transactions are mostly for mounts / battle pets or transmog, you can't buy gear can you? (yeah this comment is a little late :P)
The complaint with the mounts this expansion is all the unique good looking mounts are all in the store while a large majority of the earnable ones this expansion are all stupid wolf/boar recolors. The mass backlash finally got Blizzard to give everyone who killed Heroic+ Archimonde a LIMITED UNIQUE Moose mount for their hard work. Spending $25 is not earning something. I personally don't care about mounts since I think 95% of the mounts in this game look terrible. The only mount I use is the Depleted-Kyparnium Rocket.

My post was more along the lines of account services like Character transfers. With the current content drought on top of the fact that WoW has lost over half of its subscribers in less than a year some people are pretty much forced to buy a character transfer if they want guild progression, MMORPG feel etc.. Take me for example: The realm I have been playing on since Wrath is incredibly dead to the point there is no way to recruit for a guild that is trying to progress. My options here are remake the characters I have put 8 years worth of time and love into or spend over $200 to transfer all of them to a more populated realm while losing about 2 million gold in the process.... I shouldn't have to dump that much money into the game to solve an issue blizzard won't fix.

The closest you can get with spending real cash on gear is to sell WoW tokens and buy BoE's and the 3 crafted item limit off the AH but that is hardly ever going to be an issue since the top of the line gear is way better.

It could be much worse compared to other MMORPG's but I am mostly pissed about the fact I feel trapped on a dead realm with terrible options to deal with it.
Justykanna

Vulf wrote:

The complaint with the mounts this expansion is all the unique good looking mounts are all in the store while a large majority of the earnable ones this expansion are all stupid wolf/boar recolors. The mass backlash finally got Blizzard to give everyone who killed Heroic+ Archimonde a LIMITED UNIQUE Moose mount for their hard work. Spending $25 is not earning something. I personally don't care about mounts since I think 95% of the mounts in this game look terrible. The only mount I use is the Depleted-Kyparnium Rocket.

My post was more along the lines of account services like Character transfers. With the current content drought on top of the fact that WoW has lost over half of its subscribers in less than a year some people are pretty much forced to buy a character transfer if they want guild progression, MMORPG feel etc.. Take me for example: The realm I have been playing on since Wrath is incredibly dead to the point there is no way to recruit for a guild that is trying to progress. My options here are remake the characters I have put 8 years worth of time and love into or spend over $200 to transfer all of them to a more populated realm while losing about 2 million gold in the process.... I shouldn't have to dump that much money into the game to solve an issue blizzard won't fix.

The closest you can get with spending real cash on gear is to sell WoW tokens and buy BoE's and the 3 crafted item limit off the AH but that is hardly ever going to be an issue since the top of the line gear is way better.

It could be much worse compared to other MMORPG's but I am mostly pissed about the fact I feel trapped on a dead realm with terrible options to deal with it.
Blizzard loves to make money and with WoW, mounts are probably the easiest way to do it. Outside of a few unique ones like Ashes of Alar... you'd be right lol. I think I kept cycling between different coloured drakes for the longest time. My GM at the time made a nifty macro that allowed you to summon a random mount so that kept things different.

I'd agree to that. I had to leave a Horde-filled-server to go to an Alliance-filled-server (as an Alliance player) because I couldn't find a guild. I ended up moving six characters during their half off sale. While the money I spent there was super worth it in the long run (because the raiding was so good after I transferred), I obviously would have preferred to not spend money. I think server limitations have been a problem for a long time for raiders. Part of the problem is that new players just pick whatever realm they're assigned to so they don't know anything about picking a server - or at least that's what happened to me.

No doubt that Blizzard's microtransactions aren't nearly as "pay-to-win" as other MMOs I've seen (Elsword and Ragnarok Online 2, I'm looking at you) but when you pay to play as it is, I feel like if they shouldn't have anything close to pay-to-win anyway.
R e n g e
I played for quite a while.
It is still going on my break from the game, but his plans to save and buy long Subscriptions.