forum

Anybody here play mouse only?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cledro
I'm relatively new here and I play with my mouse and strictly that, mostly because I play loads of Counter Strike and my mindset is always on "better aim" so I thought, hey why not Osu? and I only realized that I could use Z and X to play, like a month into it, and then realized that's what almost all of Osu players used in the first place. But I continued using only mouse because it was comfortable for me at the time, and now I just can't find it in my left arm to start using Z and X at all. Almost feels like a handicap, but when I play cs I'm one tap wonderland over here.

So what about you guys out there? Did you start off using only mouse then slowly transitioned into using Z and X? What DPI do you use? Any recommendations on how to transition to Z and X? All advice would be helpful to me and fellow Osu players with this "issue"
Yolshka

Cledro wrote:

So what about you guys out there? Did you start off using only mouse then slowly transitioned into using Z and X? What DPI do you use? Any recommendations on how to transition to Z and X?
Yes if i remember correctly. And it was slow and awful.
Patience.

Though you can play mouse only, but I really don't like that, very uncomfortable.
Bundee
Yonders ago when I first started I used only the mouse because I didn't know the Z and X keys were a thing.

But when I did find out about them, boy did my gameplay change. It took like maybe 3-4 hours to get used to the new style of play maybe? However unlike many people I started by playing as an alternator, not a single tapper (means I'm constantly streaming even if there aren't any streams, instead of just using the Z key most of the time) so maybe that's why you feel slower?

Anyway, have a go, try alternating and if that still doesn't work for you, then it's probably best to stick with mouse only, despite how uncomfortable it might get later on down the road.
buny

Cledro wrote:

Any recommendations on how to transition to Z and X?
play more
ZenithPhantasm
I play mouse only sometimes and I can do higher bpm than if I played mouse+kb
Topic Starter
Cledro

ShadyAngel wrote:

Yes if i remember correctly. And it was slow and awful.
Patience.
Patience is a thing I got a hankerin' for, Thank you!

Bundee wrote:

But when I did find out about them, boy did my gameplay change. It took like maybe 3-4 hours to get used to the new style of play maybe? However unlike many people I started by playing as an alternator, not a single tapper (means I'm constantly streaming even if there aren't any streams, instead of just using the Z key most of the time) so maybe that's why you feel slower?

Anyway, have a go, try alternating and if that still doesn't work for you, then it's probably best to stick with mouse only, despite how uncomfortable it might get later on down the road.
Been trying a mix of the alternator and the one finger taps, I find that most comfortable for me at the moment, Thanks for the advice!

a loli wrote:

play more
You got it coach

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

So like some sort of hybrid playstyle for certain songs, neat.

Thanks for the feedback so far guys! all of it is appreciated and taken to practice. Thanks again!
ZenithPhantasm

Cledro wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

So like some sort of hybrid playstyle for certain songs, neat.
Click+x is free speed at the expense of aim so its not really free but I said free anyways to make it look more appealing than it actually is. ENJOY THE MINDFUCK
I Give Up
Mouse only is hardcore mode do not recommend. Press f10 disable mouse click. pls enjoy game.
Rilene

Cledro wrote:

Any recommendations on how to transition to Z and X?
play more
click Z and X

And playing mouse only seems hard, very hard to do those streams.
Emayecue
I played mouse only for quite a while, I even liked it better this way for a while.

But at some point you reach a wall where the mouse can't keep up so I had to transition to the keyboard.

I found it hard at the beginning, so I had yo start playing real easy maps again, bit it did not take more than a week to get the groove of it and get back to where I was with mouee only, and now I am playing things I would have found conpletly impossible to click through.

So yea, just keep playing, adjust the level of you maps so you can warm up your fingers a bit, practice alternating your fingers, and you'll be good to go in no time