forum

STosu! Monthly Tournament #1: January [Finished]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
_Tyler

Epsile wrote:

Would it be okay with you if there could be single-person sign ups?
Like, if there was an incomplete team that only had like, 3 or 2 people in it, you could put the single people in those teams.
I will be going through the LFT form and quickly matching players in near time zones when possible. If a team of two or three want to be matched they can sign-up using the "Need a team?/LFT registration" form link. LFT registration supports up to three players but they won't have a choice in who their team mates are.

On a side note, there is no guarantee that all players on LFT will get a team because time zones may be too far apart. It is advised that all players try to find a team on their own.

Littleboy40 wrote:

Is this going to be uploaded to YouTube too or is it a Twitch only thing?
That would be nice for people who have missed the streams, even though that'd be a lot of work.
VoDs will be uploaded to youtube if everything goes according to plan, hopefully there's not too much trouble with copy written music.
Currently the twitch channel has a link to the youtube channel where the VoDs will be uploaded to. c:
Anata yori umai
So if im solo how do i find a team!! I need some help :D
Miko
Looking for a team.
Topic Starter
_Tyler

___--___ wrote:

So if im solo how do i find a team!! I need some help :D
Well you've already posted to the LFT (three times >.>). You can wait for a team captain to invite you or there's a chance you could be put into a team by a tournament admin or myself. To guarantee you get into a team, try messaging teams in your time zone that aren't full or look on the LFT response spreadsheet and make your own team.
Anata yori umai
im so sry about that D;
i was using my iphone so when i clicked it lagged so it just clicked three times D;
Dozom
Ay, anyone got a spot open for a team?
Rinku
Brb finding a team and then I'll sign up.

BTW what timezone is the schedule and such? Also when can we expect a map pool? I can help out if you need any help with anything.
Genji
Really hope there will be a 10-50k bracket, we have a team of four and would love to play ^^
Kipley
Can I sneak in somehow? I'm basically a 5k at no-mod or anything tournament related. ^_^
Osukaa
Can I be a referee Kappa
EDIT: Oh wait I just realized you guys actually want extra staff, So yeah I'm on Eastern time.
EDIT2: Can also work on Map pool if you need it
Topic Starter
_Tyler

Rinku wrote:

Brb finding a team and then I'll sign up.

BTW what timezone is the schedule and such? Also when can we expect a map pool? I can help out if you need any help with anything.
Schedule and any other times will be in UTC. Map pool and all other dates can be found on the original post (map pool is December 29). The staff sign up form is linked to in the main sign up form (press the sign up button to go there), all help is appreciated! c:

B0aty wrote:

Really hope there will be a 10-50k bracket, we have a team of four and would love to play ^^
Staff sign ups have been really low, at the current rate I don't think there will be a 10-50k bracket. I don't want to bite off more than I can chew for this first test month, hopefully we can include the 10-50k bracket next month.

Osukaa wrote:

Can I be a referee Kappa
EDIT: Oh wait I just realized you guys actually want extra staff, So yeah I'm on Eastern time.
EDIT2: Can also work on Map pool if you need it
Yup, need all the referees we can get.
Edit: I recommend filling out the staff sign up form so I can keep things organized. c:
Osukaa
Where's the staff sign up sorry I'm blind
Nvm I found it
gerom
Looking for a team, ill join anybody. :)
SmolOshino
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Sounds fun! :oops:
jabronski
is this score v2 or regular
Osukaa
It's going to be score V1
Topic Starter
_Tyler
Sign ups are now closed for #1k-10k, chance of #10k-50k bracket is slim with the current rate of staff sign ups. Sign up button now leads to staff sign up form for anyone that couldn't make this month's, but still wants to participate.

I would advise all players that don't have a team to message teams that are not full, teams that aren't full should look to fill slots so your team will always have enough players to play.

Keep an eye out for next month's tournament, sign ups for February tournament start in January!
Best of luck to all teams in the tournament!
Rinku
I feel like if more of the already participating players signed up to staff the lower rank event would work out. I'm signed up for staff and would be happy to see the 10k-50k play.
jabronski
r>pq

edit: but seriously, my team could use some subs
Topic Starter
_Tyler

blizzardice wrote:

r>pq

edit: but seriously, my team could use some subs
Check out the LFT if you need more players, there's still a few left on there.
Bzer
is it still possible to get onto the LFT list? since that isnt making anymore teams than the tourney already has.
LeReyCat

Bzer wrote:

is it still possible to get onto the LFT list? since that isnt making anymore teams than the tourney already has.

Try asking some team captains with available space if they could add you into their team roster.
I believe team captains are the first players from left to right on each team roster.
Topic Starter
_Tyler
Schedule has been updated to give people an idea of how the future weeks will be played out. Since January has five weekends, there's a possibility for a grand final (if both teams agree to it) to be played on the fifth weekend. Teams will be asked before they play, to make sure their opinion isn't biased by their match results.
MimiliaaMyMommy
Waiting for dem map pools :^)
dong
is there a way we can forfeit? :L
IV CrossFlame2
Would like to join "solo" and get into any team (lel) if thats a way.
Topic Starter
_Tyler
Sign ups end tomorrow! If you want to get on a team, start messaging captains. If you want roster changes, get them in quick.

Still looking for more referees, don't want to end up short staffed. Players playing in the tournament should consider applying, so that all their games can be played.
Topic Starter
_Tyler

Schedules have been posted. If you need a reschedule, contact a tournament admin, staff or myself as soon as possible. Reschedules must be completed at least forty eight hours prior to your match.
IV CrossFlame2
~Discord seems to be down, any new things I didnt heard off?
Topic Starter
_Tyler
Regarding week 1 being postponed.
Bancho was down for all of match D and came back online thirty minutes after match A's scheduled time. We weren't able to start match A much later because of the two games being played at the same time right after. If match A conflicted with the following matches, we would end up short staffed and quality of the stream would be poor. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, it's not something we can plan for.
moya

Sexual Tentacle wrote:

Regarding week 1 being postponed.
Bancho was down for all of match D and came back online thirty minutes after match A's scheduled time. We weren't able to start match A much later because of the two games being played at the same time right after. If match A conflicted with the following matches, we would end up short staffed and quality of the stream would be poor. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, it's not something we can plan for.
sigh
hallowatcher
This mappool thooo.... hr picks are like 320+pp maps lol oh and its Week 3 now ^-^