forum

osu!mania General Discussion

posted
Total Posts
show more
PyaKura
Aaah MiddleIsland, lot of good material in that vid, thanks.
As for Grand Thaw songs they -can- be rankable if you accurately put red lines for each unsnappable notes, which does sound like a lot of trouble eh.
JamesHappy

PyaKura wrote:

I also kinda want to try my hand at mapping some Grand Thaw. dem snaps
Why not try this one?
Bobbias
Aventyr has been mapped a number of times now lol.
JamesHappy
well im trying to map a song compilation of Grand Thaw.

grabbed from someone
JamesHappy
Any recommended unranked 8k maps to practice? Playing 8K for a while.
Todestrieb
Rori Vidi Veni
This informative post will be deleted anyway, just move along
JamesHappy

Todestrieb wrote:

-snip-[/color]
Thanks for the maps

Rori Vidi Veni wrote:

I'd say just go play some BMS, not gonna miss much here but you can find a lot of interesting things. And before someone pulls the "LR2 is hard" argument, there's always Raindrop
Well i would try to play LR2 but, my shitty computer can't handle it so nope. Idk if it can handle raindrop though.
Bobbias
https://github.com/zardoru/raindrop/releases/tag/0.290 This is the latest release for raindrop.
Evening

Bobbias wrote:

https://github.com/zardoru/raindrop/releases/tag/0.290 This is the latest release for raindrop.

/me clap
JamesHappy

me wow
xch00F
bad
PyaKura
Is there a difference in how charting in both games supposed to be?
Bobbias
Holds have a very different mechanic in Stepmania, which makes their traditional uses different. In Stepmania, you are not forced to hold until the end of the note perfectly. You are allowed to lift a bit early, or hold it late and still get the normal score for hitting it. You can even lift off the hold for a short time with no penalty. Also, with arrow skins holds have a strong impact on pattern readability. Sometimes miniholds are used in stepmania (for example, 1/4 or 1/8 length holds) which have no real effect on playability, but add a visual emphasis on certain notes.
PyaKura
Oh okay I see, thanks for the explanation.
Bobbias
That's also why many players with stepmania experience particularly dislike hold heavy 4k charts here.
Korrui
I was wondering about using a joystick for mania. I am currently using an Xbox one controller but the triggers dont work and i was wondering if there was a better controller that I should use like a PS3/4 or Xbox 360 controller. If there is would you recommend Wired or wireless?
Babu24

AnimeGod2205 wrote:

I was wondering about using a joystick for mania. I am currently using an Xbox one controller but the triggers dont work and i was wondering if there was a better controller that I should use like a PS3/4 or Xbox 360 controller. If there is would you recommend Wired or wireless?
how about you dont use a joystick?
Korrui

Babu24 wrote:

AnimeGod2205 wrote:

how about you dont use a joystick?

I prefer using a joystick. it is more comfterable. the only thing that would be better is an actual usb keyboard that i could use. but i liker the shape of a controller. so will you give me an answer or just be rude?
Bobbias
I'd say if you're dead set on a controller, use a wired one. I'm not sure how wireless has progressed over the years, but I'm sure it still has some sort of delay that would make timing harder to manage.

Using anything other than an actual keyboard will definitely put you at a disadvantage over other players.
Korrui

Bobbias wrote:

I'd say if you're dead set on a controller, use a wired one. I'm not sure how wireless has progressed over the years, but I'm sure it still has some sort of delay that would make timing harder to manage.
Using anything other than an actual keyboard will definitely put you at a disadvantage over other players.

thanks any recommendations on what type of controller?
PyaKura
I am not very knowledgeable about gaming controllers but the ones I've seen the most are those Xbox controllers a ton of players are using to play fighting, racing games and whatnot. Considering fighting games require very low delay to be played comfortably, I'd say they are probably a good choice if you don't intend on using a keyboard or another controller specifically designed for rhythm gaming. What I know though is that setting it up and mapping keys is a piece of cake.
Korrui

PyaKura wrote:

I am not very knowledgeable about gaming controllers but the ones I've seen the most are those Xbox controllers a ton of players are using to play fighting, racing games and whatnot. Considering fighting games require very low delay to be played comfortably, I'd say they are probably a good choice if you don't intended on using a keyboard or another controller specifically designed for rhythm gaming. What I know though is that setting it up and mapping keys is a piece of cake.

ok thanks.
ArcherLove
this is ded? lol.

mfw BN all busy
-[ AmiShici ]-

ArcherLove wrote:

this is ded? lol.

mfw BN all busy
RIP :(
Elementaires
puxtu
blame kami for that
ArcherLove
henti kami
ArcherLove
Topic Starter
juankristal

ArcherLove wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/126509

lol
Woah, never saw that. My bad!
Hikona
1000 pp ic
Feerum
ded here? xd
Why is this thread so inactive.
#blamejuan
Topic Starter
juankristal

Feerum wrote:

ded here? xd
Why is this thread so inactive.
#blamejuan
Maybe because people post stuff in the subforum instead of here? D:

We should migrate some threads tho here :x
Bobbias
Yeah, there have been a lot of threads that really didn't deserve to be separate threads and would have been better as posts in here or another one of the main threads.
Muu-chan
< yes
akebono
Hi!

I'm as the leader of this tournament want to ask osu!mania players for a recommendation maps for our mappool!

4K : http://hnng.moe/83U
7K : http://hnng.moe/83V

There is no rules! Only the stars that determine the diffculty. (I know SR osu!mania sucks but yee)
7K-press, LN, BMS, anything!

Thank you!
Topic Starter
juankristal

egas00 wrote:

Hi!

I'm as the leader of this tournament want to ask osu!mania players for a recommendation maps for our mappool!

4K : http://hnng.moe/83U
7K : http://hnng.moe/83V

There is no rules! Only the stars that determine the diffculty. (I know SR osu!mania sucks but yee)
7K-press, LN, BMS, anything!

Thank you!
Whoops, really didnt see this one! How is the tourney going?
akebono
Still selecting mappool from the suggestion box until May 13!
And then the registration will open. :D
Yuudachi-kun
Does anyone else play like this? I think I've gotten used to it now.
Topic Starter
juankristal
I do think thats one of the best key configs! I find myself faster when I am using keys that are in the downside of the keyboard. But because mine is really dead I have to use the numbers D:
show more