1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
  4. osu!mania
show more
posted
Looking for a new song to map but I really have no idea... Something that is interesting in its structure sounds good. I also kinda want to try my hand at mapping some Grand Thaw. dem snaps
posted

PyaKura wrote:

Looking for a new song to map but I really have no idea... Something that is interesting in its structure sounds good. I also kinda want to try my hand at mapping some Grand Thaw. dem snaps
If you are looking to map a high star 7k, 8k or 9k I suggest the Palladio remix by Silent Nick. I would imagine you would need to do some cuts here and there to get rid of the repetitive parts.

If that's too much and you want something calmer like Grand Thaw, look up Raujika
posted
Yeah Palladio is too repetitive for me. As for Grim I can definitely see the potential but it drags on a bit too much for my taste... I'll keep it in mind though, it's been a long time since I last listened to it and it's a rather cool song.
posted

PyaKura wrote:

There are some Grand Thaw tracks that aren't rankable if I'm not wrong, Flesvelka is practically unrankable due to snapping shenanigans.

You might be interested in this one, fifth song - 10:30.
posted
Aaah MiddleIsland, lot of good material in that vid, thanks.
As for Grand Thaw songs they -can- be rankable if you accurately put red lines for each unsnappable notes, which does sound like a lot of trouble eh.
posted

PyaKura wrote:

I also kinda want to try my hand at mapping some Grand Thaw. dem snaps
Why not try this one?
posted
Aventyr has been mapped a number of times now lol.
posted
well im trying to map a song compilation of Grand Thaw.

grabbed from someone
posted
Any recommended unranked 8k maps to practice? Playing 8K for a while.
posted
posted
This informative post will be deleted anyway, just move along
posted

Todestrieb wrote:

-snip-[/color]
Thanks for the maps

Rori Vidi Veni wrote:

I'd say just go play some BMS, not gonna miss much here but you can find a lot of interesting things. And before someone pulls the "LR2 is hard" argument, there's always Raindrop
Well i would try to play LR2 but, my shitty computer can't handle it so nope. Idk if it can handle raindrop though.
posted
https://github.com/zardoru/raindrop/releases/tag/0.290 This is the latest release for raindrop.
posted

Bobbias wrote:

https://github.com/zardoru/raindrop/releases/tag/0.290 This is the latest release for raindrop.

/me clap
posted

me wow
posted
might make a post about charting for osumania vs stepmania if anyone would be interested.
posted
Is there a difference in how charting in both games supposed to be?
posted
Holds have a very different mechanic in Stepmania, which makes their traditional uses different. In Stepmania, you are not forced to hold until the end of the note perfectly. You are allowed to lift a bit early, or hold it late and still get the normal score for hitting it. You can even lift off the hold for a short time with no penalty. Also, with arrow skins holds have a strong impact on pattern readability. Sometimes miniholds are used in stepmania (for example, 1/4 or 1/8 length holds) which have no real effect on playability, but add a visual emphasis on certain notes.
posted
Oh okay I see, thanks for the explanation.
posted
That's also why many players with stepmania experience particularly dislike hold heavy 4k charts here.
show more