1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
  4. osu!mania
show more
posted

Shoegazer wrote:

Blue Army is pretty far from unrankable or gimmicky though? In fact it's probably one of the best index charts at the time.
If not for those pesky doublesteps and jumps planted in stream, I would agree with you.
I might map some more index in the future, easier this time :>
posted

_underjoy wrote:

Shoegazer wrote:

Blue Army is pretty far from unrankable or gimmicky though? In fact it's probably one of the best index charts at the time.
If not for those pesky doublesteps and jumps planted in stream, I would agree with you.
I might map some more index in the future, easier this time :>
sprindex spread mapset would be cool
posted

abraker wrote:

Shoegazer wrote:

Blue Army is pretty far from unrankable or gimmicky though? In fact it's probably one of the best index charts at the time.
Technically it's not rankable unless the original creator of the map would push it towards at least getting it approved. Not entirely sure how that would work considering its status, need to read up on the rules concerning that. Otherwise, what can you do if the creator is not pushing it towards rank?
You can't rank it by the current criteria. The well known Blue Army map was created by a dude named cat in 2005 for Stepmania. Sometime in 2006, he went inactive and hasn't been seen since. Several years later, Agka converted it as a test for his .sm to .osu converter, and someone else uploaded it to the BSS. This breaches the ranking criteria clause that you can only rank a map that you yourself created, or have obtained permission from a 3rd party to use (which is currently not possible given cat's status).

In my opinion at least, the rights of the map itself are wholly owned by the parties responsible for creating it (i.e the people who actually created the original map, not a conversion). If the creator has no intention of getting it ranked, then you should leave it at that.

An index style spread would be pretty cool to see in ranked though
posted
I want FDFD ranked pls make the dream come true mania mappers
posted

Eos wrote:

I want FDFD ranked pls make the dream come true mania mappers
ew no
posted
wew
posted

Hydria wrote:

Eos wrote:

I want FDFD ranked pls make the dream come true mania mappers
ew no
no

we need FDFD
or just to watch jhlee0133 FC it.
posted
ppsama pporse's ice angel is some good 7k ricey stuff, I highly recommend playing it
posted
4k > 7k
*grabs popcorn*
posted

PyaKura wrote:

ppsama pporse's ice angel is some good 7k ricey stuff, I highly recommend playing it
should have a thread for good shit beatmaps of the month instead of just restricting it to ranked maps, sounds fun
posted
This informative post will be deleted anyway, just move along
posted

Rori Vidi Veni wrote:

Moved to this thread by request of Valedict and juankristal

Speaking of proposals: I'd like to ask everybody to chart their maps in editors for other games and provide the files with their map, because .osu files suck.

Osu files are timed to the millisecond(not some fraction of millisecond, just whole millisecond), as opposed to proper measure timing like the music it's charted to, or every big rhythm game ever that isn't osu. This means that unless you're lucky and fit the tiny amount of BPM's and measures that have round values in milliseconds, your stuff will be mistimed. And since this isn't going away because it's most likely an engine limitation, which would break all existing maps if fixed, we should all chart our stuff in other editors and use the built-in converters. I'm suggesting iBMSC and/or Stepmania's built-in editor, because there's plenty of games that take them, and because there's converters for them as well(the BMS one is built into the osu editor). Before you say "using other game's editor is ridiculous", check how O2Jam charts are made.

If you don't believe me, open any .osu file for any game mode(they all share this flaw) in notepad or something like that and/or look at the wiki(inb4 they remove or change it).

And yes, you can put other files in the folder and still have Bancho take them, val0108 had a map with a zip of his skin in it.
because people can be arsed to do that when they can just map for osu and convert .osu to a .bms file if they even feel like it
posted
i think because developers made the osu!mania editor for the easiest use, not really for more advanced user.
posted
It's because when peppy designed the format years ago he made a terrible design choice, and since it would be a massive breaking change, hasn't fixed it yet.
posted
Looking for a new song to map but I really have no idea... Something that is interesting in its structure sounds good. I also kinda want to try my hand at mapping some Grand Thaw. dem snaps
posted

PyaKura wrote:

Looking for a new song to map but I really have no idea... Something that is interesting in its structure sounds good. I also kinda want to try my hand at mapping some Grand Thaw. dem snaps
If you are looking to map a high star 7k, 8k or 9k I suggest the Palladio remix by Silent Nick. I would imagine you would need to do some cuts here and there to get rid of the repetitive parts.


If that's too much and you want something calmer like Grand Thaw, look up Raujika
posted
Yeah Palladio is too repetitive for me. As for Grim I can definitely see the potential but it drags on a bit too much for my taste... I'll keep it in mind though, it's been a long time since I last listened to it and it's a rather cool song.
posted

PyaKura wrote:

Looking for a new song to map but I really have no idea... Something that is interesting in its structure sounds good. I also kinda want to try my hand at mapping some Grand Thaw. dem snaps
There are some Grand Thaw tracks that aren't rankable if I'm not wrong, Flesvelka is practically unrankable due to snapping shenanigans.

You might be interested in this one, fifth song - 10:30.
posted
Aaah MiddleIsland, lot of good material in that vid, thanks.
As for Grand Thaw songs they -can- be rankable if you accurately put red lines for each unsnappable notes, which does sound like a lot of trouble eh.
posted

PyaKura wrote:

I also kinda want to try my hand at mapping some Grand Thaw. dem snaps
Why not try this one?
show more
Please sign in to reply.