forum

osu!mania General Discussion

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
juankristal
Welcome to the O!M general discussion thread! Here we can talk about everything related to the community of o!m.

Just follow the rules like in any other thread and have fun talking with people here and remember to use spoiler boxes if you want to upload a screenshot or a score. Avoid spam and have fun!

Example of spoilerbox
Make sure to use them!
Vulkin
can we ask who is jejjin? /runs
ArcherLove
I hope this will be a nice thread without any drama~

guitarlol wrote:

pp destroyer
Feerum
let the hypetrain roll \:D/
abraker
Oh wow nice thread.
akuma123

ArcherLove wrote:

I hope this will be a nice thread without any drama~
Impossible
Feerum

akuma123 wrote:

Impossible
Its possible! You just have to believe!
Elementaires
woa
Tristan97
PyaKura
Ayy juan you proceeded faster than I had expected. Let's have fun~
_underjoy
Can we talk about the star rating changes
Topic Starter
juankristal

_underjoy wrote:

We can talk about everything related to mania yup. Just respect each other and follow the common sense rules.

420 post ftw
Jinjin

ArcherLove wrote:

guitarlol wrote:

pp destroyer
\(o u o)/
Kamikaze

_underjoy wrote:

I sexually identify as a meme and I find a friendly meme soul in star rating changes
XeoStyle
blue army rank when pls
pporse
plz teach me how to improve jack hammer skill ;_;
Steins
Someone gib me skill mapping plz ;w;
abraker

XeoStyle wrote:

blue army rank when pls
I was thinking whether famous maps such as these would be put in the Unrankable/Gimmick maps category when implemented.
Shoegazer
Blue Army is pretty far from unrankable or gimmicky though? In fact it's probably one of the best index charts at the time.
PyaKura

abraker wrote:

I was thinking whether famous maps such as these would be put in the Unrankable/Gimmick maps category when implemented.
Wait was this feature request accepted?
abraker

PyaKura wrote:

abraker wrote:

Wait was this feature request accepted?
Not yet iirc, but I will surprised if it won't.

Shoegazer wrote:

Blue Army is pretty far from unrankable or gimmicky though? In fact it's probably one of the best index charts at the time.
Technically it's not rankable unless the original creator of the map would push it towards at least getting it approved. Not entirely sure how that would work considering its status, need to read up on the rules concerning that. Otherwise, what can you do if the creator is not pushing it towards rank?
_underjoy

Shoegazer wrote:

If not for those pesky doublesteps and jumps planted in stream, I would agree with you.
I might map some more index in the future, easier this time :>
Evening

_underjoy wrote:

Shoegazer wrote:

If not for those pesky doublesteps and jumps planted in stream, I would agree with you.
I might map some more index in the future, easier this time :>
sprindex spread mapset would be cool
Fullerene-

abraker wrote:

Shoegazer wrote:

Technically it's not rankable unless the original creator of the map would push it towards at least getting it approved. Not entirely sure how that would work considering its status, need to read up on the rules concerning that. Otherwise, what can you do if the creator is not pushing it towards rank?
You can't rank it by the current criteria. The well known Blue Army map was created by a dude named cat in 2005 for Stepmania. Sometime in 2006, he went inactive and hasn't been seen since. Several years later, Agka converted it as a test for his .sm to .osu converter, and someone else uploaded it to the BSS. This breaches the ranking criteria clause that you can only rank a map that you yourself created, or have obtained permission from a 3rd party to use (which is currently not possible given cat's status).

In my opinion at least, the rights of the map itself are wholly owned by the parties responsible for creating it (i.e the people who actually created the original map, not a conversion). If the creator has no intention of getting it ranked, then you should leave it at that.

An index style spread would be pretty cool to see in ranked though
DUKI MODODIABLO
I want FDFD ranked pls make the dream come true mania mappers
Hydria

Eos wrote:

I want FDFD ranked pls make the dream come true mania mappers
ew no
AoN-
wew
Rilene

Hydria wrote:

Eos wrote: