66.67%
Total votes: 120
Polling ended
show more
Topic Starter
Zenyatta
emanfman wrote:

"Hi,
Please write that the rooms must be created with an appropriate title!
The format MUST be:
TO-Cup: (Player 1) vs (Player 2)
Or else the tourney client will not be able to find the game!
Be sure to include it in the OP."

Please follow this rule if we stream you. Could get complicated otherwise!
Thanks!
Topic Starter
Zenyatta
tryaway
I personally don't like the tiebreaker being 1.2 star higher than the previous tiebreaker.
And the fact that it is only 2 min long so less room for mistakes.

But then again, I'm sitting my ass out and wait for the quarter finals.
Thomasz
I personally don't like the tiebreaker at all. It's overall a bad pick
Risa
Welp guys sorry that i wasn't available last week to actually contribute to the mappool and ( try to ) prevent this from happening.
tryaway
Do you guys realize you put a map from OWC 2014 finals in your mappool?
I ain't saying that it is bad (well, in some way I do), but if the mappool from here gets harder and harder, it could hurts the quality of this tourney. We like challenges, but we are not rank 300 or something. Please keep it playable and fun for everyone.

Btw: the casters did great job this weekend. I like them KappaPride
AceofSpades77
Inb4 Finals: 7 Stars Tiebreaker Kappa
Topic Starter
Zenyatta
It'll stay this hard till final now, but thanks for saying I took the wrong difficulty of TB.
Lol, as if I would you give Link of Speed in 6 Stars :D I WOULD
Updated~
jms8720

tryaway wrote:

Do you guys realize you put a map from OWC 2014 finals in your mappool?
I ain't saying that it is bad (well, in some way I do), but if the mappool from here gets harder and harder, it could hurts the quality of this tourney. We like challenges, but we are not rank 300 or something. Please keep it playable and fun for everyone.

Btw: the casters did great job this weekend. I like them KappaPride
Thing is, it's just that one map (I'm guessing you're talking about Reiwai Terrorism?) that stands out from the rest of the mappool. Yes, it's only "5.33*", but the bpm and spacing does make the map OWC finals tier. At least imo, increasing the general difficulty of the mappool isn't as much of a crime as having one map that is significantly harder than the rest of the pool.

Who knows, maybe this'll just be banned every match or something XD

Best of luck with the tournament! :)
Topic Starter
Zenyatta
Thing is, it's just that one map (I'm guessing you're talking about Reiwai Terrorism?) that stands out from the rest of the mappool. Yes, it's only "5.33*", but the bpm and spacing does make the map OWC finals tier. At least imo, increasing the general difficulty of the mappool isn't as much of a crime as having one map that is significantly harder than the rest of the pool.

Who knows, maybe this'll just be banned every match or something XD

Best of luck with the tournament! :)
well, they don't have to pick it. but iam expecting (like in my other tourney) people being brave and that looks most of the times outstanding in a tourney. dont forget that this tourney is about entertainment for the stream watchers and fun for players (who obey the rules ;p)
But ANYWAYS, I cut my sleep I need from 6 to 4 hours just to even out the pool!

EDIT: Man, I'm tired now. Hope this mappool just works fine, because changing it now would delay the chance for training pretty badly :x
Halfslashed
I know that people complained about difficulty, but it really annoys me that the pool was changed post-release. I had started practicing some of those picks and had decided which ones I was going to use against my opponents, only to find a few hours later that they're all gone.

I hope something like this isn't done again, because I actually was looking forward to using some of these picks.

RIP Reiwai Terrorism and Gekiretsu de Kareinaru Hibi.

Inb4 this post gets flamed by people that only look at my rank.

EDIT: And really? A broken link in the mappool? Zzz... http://bloodcat.com/osu/s/60214
Suhun

Halfslashed wrote:

I know that people complained about difficulty, but it really annoys me that the pool was changed post-release. I had started practicing some of those picks and had decided which ones I was going to use against my opponents, only to find a few hours later that they're all gone.

I hope something like this isn't done again, because I actually was looking forward to using some of these picks.

RIP Reiwai Terrorism and Gekiretsu de Kareinaru Hibi.

Inb4 this post gets flamed by people that only look at my rank.
Heh, look at #4,644 complaining.
Keirun
I can still sign up right?
Timezone in UTC: UTC +2
Preferred type of maps: Jumpy maps.
Vinsent
Six trillion years and over night stories with HD, the diff is ar8.

I'd rather put my foot in a blender than play ar8+HD
Topic Starter
Zenyatta

Friendzone King wrote:

Six trillion years and over night stories with HD, the diff is ar8.

I'd rather put my foot in a blender than play ar8+HD
Just ban it.
Raniemi
Timezone in UTC: UTC-6
Preferred type of maps: No preference

Is it possible for me to participate by using Sudden Death?
I will handicap myself by missing the first note on purpose or whatever so my score doesn't submit.
Tshemmp

Raniemi wrote:

Timezone in UTC: UTC-6
Preferred type of maps: No preference

Is it possible for me to participate by using Sudden Death?
I will handicap myself by missing the first note on purpose or whatever so my score doesn't submit.
Is it really that hard

Qualification end - 06.12.2015
Topic Starter
Zenyatta
Ro16 online now! Link in first post!
Topic Starter
Zenyatta
Quarterfinal Mappool etc coming today at 20 UTC

Im busy working so I had to delay.
Topic Starter
Zenyatta
Stream is live in some minutes! Starting 15:15 UTC!
!Quarterfinals!

EDIT:

People not coming to the scheduled matches actually ruin a tourney. Wanted to actually stop this tourney. In 5 matches we had only 3 played. 2 still need to get played and we don't even know if that will run smoothly. Please people, come to scheduled times or just tell me if not.
tryaway
Omg the mappool isn't even done and it's already Kreygasm
Topic Starter
Zenyatta
Semifinals live on stream now!
Topic Starter
Zenyatta
Mappool out for finals. Had an accident so it was delayed and still is! SORRY

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Halfslashed
Mirror for MAX LOVE - http://bloodcat.com/osu/s/107647

ZzZzZz...

Side note this mappool looks very promising so far. Can't wait to hear emanfman scream about the acc drops with all the stream maps xD.

EDIT: CS 6.5 HR.. Check, AR 10.3 DT... Check, AR 8 HD... nope. Can't have everything >.<
Topic Starter
Zenyatta
Important Info!

The timing of the finals are changed!
Grand Final will be played 17.01.2016 now.
Mappool from finals get extended and I put in additional songs.
Click the link below to see ALL DATA for the tourney.

Link below!
Topic Starter
Zenyatta
Stream live now. Next Match vs. tryaway and Tger201 in soem minutes!
Halfslashed
Alright so, before I begin this post, I would like to say thank you to the TO-Cup staff for hosting this tournament, I had fun.

I'll divide this post into two parts: Opinions that don't matter and constructive critisism

=Start opinions that don't matter=

I really liked the ro16 mappool, it was the most fun part of the entire tournament, composed of maps that focused towards my skillset (alternating). There was even this great map that was in OWC 2014 finals that no one else in my bracket could do well, an AR8 HD pick, and AR7 DT pick, and a ridiculous HD pick (Ba Ba Ba). These maps are the best kinds of maps and you guys should put more of them in. The only way that the pool could be better would be if you included a KIRBY Mix pick.

The rest of the mappools (except some in the finals/grand finals) were trash farm maps. I hated playing them and having no variety in map selection for them.

The staff was against me in almost every round. Literally, I go and watch the VOD and hear the staff rooting for my opponent each individual time, except my first match against Friendzone King, where there was zero bias (Reasons: PdPr0x_ was the only Spaniard, Tger had good acc, - Aki was #1 Serbia).

=End opinions that don't matter=

Alright, as far as constructive criticism goes, I'll start by saying that the biggest strength I saw in the TO-Cup staff was that they were extremely adaptable to fixing their mistakes. This tournament had massive scheduling issues when dealing with participants from non-EU countries (more so for NA, IMO), and i will get into that.

Commentary and stream quality were okay, although I would've like someone that knew their stuff paired with emanfman (He's mainly a hype commentator). There wasn't really enough from Tramorio and Circle, but emanfman does pretty well by himself, i'd say.

Okay, the biggest issue in this tournament was scheduling, as I mentioned. What I can gather from this is that TOC is lacking staff from a variety of time zones, and/or you are trying to get all of the matches back to back. This may be convenient if you are lacking staff, but it creates huge problems for the players showing up. My main example here is the group stage. Players in the UTC-8 Timezone (I knew a few) needed to play a match either at 4am local or 7am local because the matches were only going to happen between 12pm UTC and 3pm UTC. This is unreasonable to expect of players, which is why there were quite a few dropouts in the group stage. UTC-5 was able to get away with a later group stage time, but even then, the latest time available was 10am, which is slightly more reasonable to expect, but not fully. In my opinion, you should try to schedule a match between 12pm-8pm LOCAL time for the player.

Later in the tournament, there was a round where only three matches were played, and one player made it to the semi-finals while only playing one match in the group stage. This is ridiculous, and was also likely caused by the fact that times were placed within a block of time that worked for the staff, and not for the players. I may be completely wrong, players might not have showed up to the matches because they didn't care, but this is something you guys on staff side can work to fix.

And by the way, the amount of sleep someone gets does affect someone's osu performance, and "going to sleep earlier" or asking a player to change their entire circadian rhythm is absolutely absurd. So, do some recruiting and find alternative streamers and refs so that you can offer match times that don't suck, and things will likely be more successful.

Next, the mappool. Many consider Ro16 to be your biggest failure, but in reality, each mappool has something in common: They are all themed. This is very bad for a tournament, where you should be including a variety of maps around the player's skill level in each pool. Ro16 was full of alternate maps (or fast single, if you prefer), quarterfinals were very acc heavy, monster was jump heavy, and the finals were very stream heavy. This created a massive lack of balance in each mappool, which is why i was so personally disappointed. Another thing is, you only have one chance for a mappool. If players hate it, oh well - they can ban the maps. If they're really maps no one will pick, then no one will pick them. Please don't consider changing a mappool post release again. The main thing is that you guys should balance your pools to cover a diverse set of elements each time: Technical DT map, speed DT map, Alternate DT map - Long, combo heavy Nomod, "generic" nomod, alternate nomod, stream nomod, slider heavy nomod, etc.

Also, 5 minute maps suck for non-tiebreakers, and tiebreakers should always be 5 minutes. This is mainly for tension factor as a tiebreaker, and causes matches to drag on if 5 minute maps are played.

Finally, Tournament flow, which falls under scheduling, I guess. The tournament was structured as follows: group stage, ro16, r1 losers + quarter finals, r2 losers + semi finals, r3 losers + finals, rest of losers bracket + winner bracket finals. This was thankfully corrected, as the error had been realized, but essentially, you need to break it down so you don't have players with so many consecutive matches and you go through matches at a reasonable rate. Outside of group stage, you should try to hold 8 matches per day maximum. Here's an example of something that works a little better in my opinion, but feel free to try something else: group stage, ro16, r1 losers + quarter finals, r2 losers + semi finals + r3 losers, finals + r4 losers + r5 losers, losers final + grand finals. This way you can get through things at a rate that doesn't suck and you don't have a player doing, say... 3 matches in one day.

One last thing: Don't even bother with the mappool in the thread, just link the google docs and update it there. It would also help to put the difficulty name in brackets and list the mapper's name so that people with bad internet don't have to download as much.

This has been a fun tournament, congratulations to the winners, and I hope you guys take some of this advice and apply it to your next tournament!
Topic Starter
Zenyatta
Winners get edited to the post shortly.

First of all thanks to all the staff for helpin gme with this tourney. It was rather good, just because people weren't showing up.
Still had a lot of fun, in stream. :D

Thanks Halfslashed for criticism. Mappool can't be so exotic all the time.
In rules were written 12:00 UTC is the starting time, max. We tried really really hard to schedule, but won't work all the time and people not showing up without even a message so I can react or maybe could find a reschedule-resolution. Whatever, next tourney will be huge and much more organized \o/
Criticism noticed. Will try hard :)

Congratz to our winner of the TOC 1k - 10k
AceofSpades77

Runner Ups

Tger201
PdPr0x_

Payments:
PS: Didn't notice there were only 2 or 4 months supporter so enjoy 4 month's support Ace!