forum

Itasha? Anime on a Car?

posted
Total Posts

Would you have an anime livery on your vehicle?

Yes
68.00%
No
24.00%
Don't Know Yet
8.00%
Total votes: 25
Topic Starter
Nostalgia
I know most would say no to this idea. But I've been considering it for a while now.

For the mass who don't know: Itasha (痛車 ?, literally "painful car") is a Japanese term for an fashion of individuals decorating the bodies of their cars with fictional characters of anime, manga, or video games (especially bishōjo game or eroge).

It's not incredibly expensive to wrap a car and who wouldn't want to express their love for their waifu to the open world?!

Nonetheless, the question is Would you, or would you not? Why or why not?

I'll post more pictures in spoilers. (Be amazed if anybody responds to this.)

Nagato and Mikasa / Mustang
I actually took this picture (and cropped a lot,) he's a drifter from my area.

Megurine Luka / S13
My personal favorite.

Thanks for reading and admins can close or move this post anywhere.
Stefan
If ever, Black Rock Shooter belongs on my (future) BMW.
Flanster
The amount of Touhou themed cars I've seen is astronomical.
Good thing is in the future I'm planning on getting a car and I know a place that does vinyl overlays for cars.

It definitely makes a car stand out and I like that.
Renevant
I remember seeing this go viral about a month ago.
The dude who owned it was really cool about it.

I personally have never seen one where I live, unfortunately. I would get one if I had the money for it as a side car.
Faust
If I'd ever get a job on my vehicle/bike it'd probably be very subtle or just generally not a character simply done on the thing, think logo or some small visual in reference to whatever game/anime.
A Medic
Hell yea I would do it.

I have plans to put touhou (Likely Youmu + Reisen) on my (future) C63 AMG (probably purchasing in 2-4 years)

I don't give a shit what anyone think my car is my car.

Only reason I didn't do it on my current car (E55 AMG) is because I plan on getting rid of it eventually and doing the upgrade lol.
banger_old_1
Good thing a thread like this one popped up, I've actually been planing to do this for a while.

I'm actually about to graduate high school this year, and my parents promised to buy me a 2012 Toyota® Prius🔥🎅🔥. I'm really excited to get my new car, but I don't think my parents would approve of what I plan on doing with it.🙈😫🙈

They don't really like the posters in my room, and they make fun of me whenever they see me watching anime. As a result, I think that once I'm able to I'm gonna move to Vancouver to live with my friends (they aren't as annoying as my forkin' parents...😫😫😫).
The thing is, I was wondering if this could get you in trouble??? (with the law). I wanted to have an "ecchi" decal on my car (sort of like http://blog-imgs-45-origin.fc2.com/j/a/ ... 628fd9.jpg ) and I was wondering if you could get pulled over or arrested for it? 👀🍆👀

I still don't have enough money for this, but once I get my paycheck from my boss (i haven't gotten paid in about three months) I think I'll be able to afford the trip!

I think that this would be a good idea for me because my parents don't understand that although I was born a caucasian the japanese culture is very appealing to me. They've thrown out some of my posters that have the anime tiddies on them and they almost threw out my figure collection that I spent all of my hot glue on (🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆💦💦💦💦💦)

Aaaaanyway, I was wondering if anybody over in Vancouver knew of any 'Otaku' body shops where I could get my car done up??? I know that a regular place wouldn't do this so I was looking for somebody that would be totally groovy with it😍💯😍💯😍. I actually have very low self-esteem so maybe I could get the windows tinted at the same time??? Basically when I'm done with it I want it to be the greatest, lean-mean, anime-rollin' machine on the streets 🙏👅😍💯🙌
Stefan
Jesus, the emoji usage. LOL

Renevant wrote:

I remember seeing this go viral about a month ago.
Looks quite cool at night times to cruise around.
Flanster
I think the cops would be completely confused and will joke around with their collegues for rest of their careers.
Gumpy
No everyone will notice me and I don't like that.
Topic Starter
Nostalgia

Stefan wrote:

LoliFlan wrote:

It definitely makes a car stand out and I like that.

I'm still looking for a place over here that will do it. I feel like personalizing should be mandatory.

Renevant wrote:

I personally have never seen one where I live, unfortunately. I would get one if I had the money for it as a side car.
I plan to wrap my daily driver, a second car isn't worth wrapping imo.

Faust wrote:

If I'd ever get a job on my vehicle/bike it'd probably be very subtle or just generally not a character simply done on the thing, think logo or some small visual in reference to whatever game/anime.
I was also thinking of just putting a logo and be discreet about the whole thing, but still giving it some thought.

A Medic wrote:

I have plans to put touhou (Likely Youmu + Reisen) on my (future) C63 AMG (probably purchasing in 2-4 years)
Would love to see pictures whenever you decide to do it? Got any pictures in mind?

Cethin wrote:

Good thing a thread like this one popped up, I've actually been planing to do this for a while.
I was honestly amazed to not see a thread about this. I think it varies on how 'ecchi' you plan to make it. I highly doubt you could show any nudity overall. Doesn't mean you can't show a slight piece of lewd though. I also had a low self-esteem so I first practiced with anime stickers.
Pictures of my car

I also have a peeking Shinobu on the other side.
Stefan

Nostalgia wrote:

Stefan wrote:

Mom, I know what I want for christmas!
Green Platinum
I'm with Faust.

Having a character removes their most important aspect. Their character.
Explains the touhou idiots tho
Pituophis
No. I'm not a weeaboo.
jackfrostjunes
i love Itasha styling and i am planing on doing a Nanoha or Sailor Venus theme on my weekend car.
now the question is, does anyone here have the patience to save up money to get it done right?
piruchan
I've seen two itasha in my life so far. One was Hello Kitty themed, the other one was yellow with a character silhouette on it. Pretty cool imo.

I don't think I would do it to my car (if I had one), probably some small stickers here and there but that's pretty much it.
GSG95
Probably not. Maybe I'll get some window sticker that has some cheeky reference.
Nameless

GSG95 wrote:

Probably not. Maybe I'll get some window sticker that has some cheeky Komari.
LigerZero
(future) i'm maybe create a BIG project itasha in indonesia

itasha (maybe) 20 character touhou project in bus scania K360iB jetbus SHD 2+ use body from adi putro or nusantara gemilang going trip "Bandung - Jakarta - Bamboo forest - Gensokyo - Former Hell"
minibethangel
i think itasha or anime printing in a car is good for a racing car i think :3 but for a daily normal car i dont think so it gets a lotta attention :3
TehDanimal
Personally, I love itasha and Initial D playing a huge part in my life solidiifies my love for both cars and anime. Why not show off what you love so dearly by mashing the two together into one great beautiful mess. I hold great bias towards this topic and I'm aware that many people don't care for what car they get. But I'd treat my itasha as dear to me as my waifu. It's sad though looking up the same topic on MAL and seeing people not really seeing anything in itasha. But everyone has different passions in life and I'll respect that.

One thing I'll say though is that itasha should be tasteful. If you're gonna go for an NSFW concept, I feel it should be in tasteful moderation. Just as many dub cars can be ruined by being overly flashy, itasha cars can be overwheliming at times. I might have contradicted myself in the pricess but I stand by my word and acknowledge my fallacies with grace.