forum

Rank for Mouse and tablet [waiting]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
show more
James
+ cecil, which can be as good as rolled?
Saturos
Cecil has basically quit. D:

I do think there should be some kind of indication of playstyle, though. Either in the form of a profile option or an icon as Luigi suggested. I grow tired of repeating my playstyle to the curious. ;x
Gemi

LuigiHann wrote:

Maybe not separate lists, but a little icon next to the scores to show whether it was mouse or tablet. That would help to dispel the myth that tablets are better :P
This is a good idea if automatic input device detection is used to determine the device. Also, the usage of keyboard z/x should be noted.

MaxwellDEemon wrote:

Maybe peppy could put a user preference of what input device the player is using though. XD
An option for mouse / tablet / mouse and table in the profile might be a nice little addition.
Nharox
I agree, a icon that shows with which type of control someone plays would be a nice (little) feature. Mouse only, Mouse + Spacebar/X/Z and tablet.

And I disagree that tablets are better. I'm doing pretty good ( :P ) with mouse + spacebar. The only good thing about tablets is that the spinning is easier.
Echo
Is zx "harder" than tablet?
machol30
I agree about it as option in the profile. I sort of use both tablet and keyboard. I (usually) use keyboard when the beats come fairly quickly (hi marsia... ), so...

- Mouse
- Mouse+keyboard
- Tablet
- Tablet+keyboard
- Touch Screen
Shirotora_old
Yeah, definitely tablet + keyboard. I'm surprised most people mention mouse, mouse + keyboard, and tablet... but not tablet + keyboard, while it's certainly needed for some songs if you don't want to end up not being able to use your (tablet-) hand at all for the rest of your life.
adamskii_uk

buraimaster1234 wrote:

I agree about it as option in the profile. I sort of use both tablet and keyboard. I (usually) use keyboard when the beats come fairly quickly (hi marsia... ), so...

- Mouse
- Mouse+keyboard
- Tablet
- Tablet+keyboard
- Touch Screen
You missed the following off the list, and probably some other less obvious input devices too such as the Wiimote.

- Touchpad
- Touchpad+Keyboard
- Trackball
- Trackball+Keyboard

I personally don't play Osu! with either of these input devices I have mentioned, but I'm sure there's some people that do. :)
chan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gemi

chan wrote:

I guess it would be more of a checklist for what you use, since people may switch between inputs.
Yeah, for the forum profile, but the other suggestion was to add a small icon next to each of your scores to show what method you used for that particular score. For this to work the game needs to automatically detect your input methods.
MaxwellDemon
The game don't generally detect what is the input though, I think? Seeing as tablet is registered as a mouse on the computer side instead of by osu's program. Keyboard + mouse or whatever is definitely plausible... but to detect what the input is seems a little unnecessary? I say just have the user pick what they use the common and have a little icon. That's it. XD
Gemi

MaxwellDemon wrote:

I say just have the user pick what they use the common and have a little icon. That's it. XD
But then you can't really associate the selected default input method with any scores since a single score might actually be with a nother input type. So if you only choose one, then it needs to be shown in the profile, but if the game can autodetect it then it can post the used method with the score.
awp
What about mixed input? Sometimes I use z/x and tablet-tapping when I play. Hell, I've even used both the mouse and the tablet in a single run before.
RemmyX25
IMHO, I really couldnt care less what a player's playing preference is. I'm pure mouse (with a rare keyboard using if beats are stacked and my clicking finger is tired) user, but i manage. Hell, Saturos is too, but tablets nor touchscreens aren't close to him. (unless burai is a tablet/TS player... >.>) I'd never get used to a tablet. (well maybe. But I've come so far with meh mouse!!)
Just leaving my pennies all around the ground. (Adds up to $0.02)
Gemi

RemmyX25 wrote:

IMHO, I really couldnt care less what a player's playing preference is. I'm pure mouse (with a rare keyboard using if beats are stacked and my clicking finger is tired) user, but i manage. Hell, Saturos is too, but tablets nor touchscreens aren't close to him. (unless burai is a tablet/TS player... >.>) I'd never get used to a tablet. (well maybe. But I've come so far with meh mouse!!)
It's not about whether tablets are better than mice or not, it's just because people would like to know what input was used for each score. It's nice info, not too useful, but nice.
Rolled

James wrote:

+ cecil, which can be as good as rolled?
LIEEES

also, tablets suck. Just look at awp.

and btw remmy, yes burai does tablet.
MaxwellDemon

Gemi wrote:

MaxwellDemon wrote:

I say just have the user pick what they use the common and have a little icon. That's it. XD
But then you can't really associate the selected default input method with any scores since a single score might actually be with a nother input type. So if you only choose one, then it needs to be shown in the profile, but if the game can autodetect it then it can post the used method with the score.
I don't think that is something useful to be honest. XD
I mean, sure, it's a nice little addon... but I wouldn't put it on a high priority at all?
Gemi

MaxwellDemon wrote:

Gemi wrote:

MaxwellDemon wrote:

I don't think that is something useful to be honest. XD
I mean, sure, it's a nice little addon... but I wouldn't put it on a high priority at all?
Who's saying that it should be high priority? :)
MaxwellDemon
I am just saying peppy's list should be packed by now and it isn't something remotely useful. An icon beside each user's name is nice, having an icon beside each score they do by automation seems overdoing it. XD

Of course, I am not even sure how much effort this requires. I just think it is overdoing the details. :P
awp

Rolled wrote:

also, tablets suck. Just look at awp.
I will fucking bite you

also, just wondering about mixed input methods. I'd say let users specify what they prefer and let that be that.
Topic Starter
DessaChan
*agrees with Luigi* :D
minyeob
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
mattyu007
ThePassingShadow
Eh. I think a tiny T icon somewhere next to the scores or on user panels could distinguish between tablet users and regular users.

If tablet users got their own rankings and were removed from regular rankings, I'd move up a few places. Heh.