forum

Is this considered cheating?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KrazieMonky
I've been playing osu for a year now and I just love this game. But I have been always curious if this was considered cheating. I haven't done this so don't assume I have. Obviously we all know to register a hit you either tap Z,X,Mouse 1, or Mouse 2. I was wondering if you get a program that allows you to bind the key "C" with Mouse 1 or Mouse 2 so that when you play you can tap with 3 fingers on the keyboard instead of 2. I am still a bit iffy when I read the rules on cheating.
Feiri
It's good that you're asking for clarification before actually doing it. I like that :^)

Jokes aside, I don't ever recall seeing any rule that forbid using three keys. For example, I've seen Azer switch between Tap X and and two keyboard keys in the same map.

I've thought about the same thing, but I wouldn't recommend it. I feel like three fingers would be harder to sync, and the only time you would really need three fingers is if you're streaming notes.
Endaris
A keypress at K1 doesn't register while M1 is held down(same for K2/M2 and vice versa) which makes such a playstyle rather ineffective due to perfect technique being required.
sangu
Search brings up previous discussions: here , here, and here

Best I can find is from one of the devs: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/204044/start=68

But it has never been explicitly banned to my knowledge.

That being said, it would not be very helpful and would be more effort than it is worth in my opinion.
Topic Starter
KrazieMonky
Yah I just tried it out to satisfy my curiosity and I will never do this. My brain has already been accustomed to using two keys so when I tried I kept messing it up. Also fun fact I learned from this experience is that when I hold down the "C" as if it were a Mouse 1, the keys Z and X still registers, so there's that. Either way, yah I wouldn't recommend it lol.