forum

Osu Friendly Tournament 20k-60k [Finished 1/30/16]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Magenta
As we've been getting some concern about the difficulty of the maps selected -- The map pools are intentionally easier for the first few rounds to allow participating players, of all ranks, to be able to pass the maps. They will gradually increase in difficulty as we progress through rounds, with the Grand Finals being ~5.4* as decided by the voting.
xdominik
About the map pool I think that lack of lower AR - AR8 on no-mod or HD map pool is really regreatable it would test players ability to play lower AR's and would rise diversity of map pool I understand that AR9 on first round is expected but I hope to see more diverse map pool next round
DivineAscension

xdominik wrote:

About the map pool I think that lack of lower AR - AR8 on no-mod or HD map pool is really regreatable it would test players ability to play lower AR's and would rise diversity of map pool I understand that AR9 on first round is expected but I hope to see more diverse map pool next round
AR8 was certainly considered when we were picking the map pools. (and yes, we play every single map that we pick. you can imagine how long the mappool took us to make x.x)

What ended up happening, though, was that the maps were either:

A: Old maps. They fit the difficulty range, but often is mapped like a turd.
B: Newer maps. They fit the difficulty range, but that apparently didn't stop them from being mapped like a turd :/
C: Solid maps. Those were considered, but ultimately they've been harder than the difficulty range required.

Also, bear in mind that we can only put a set number of maps in the pool, so even an ar8 map of acceptable quality may have been discarded in lieu of an ar9 map with better quality. I hope this is an acceptable answer for you.
Topic Starter
KyoKii
There has been a time change in the schedules for both Group 1 and 2. Both groups have swapped times. I hope this schedule is fitting for everyone to play! If there is a problem with the times, please send a message to me and I will try to fix it.
Pulse
omg hr is so hard
Topic Starter
KyoKii

Tespia wrote:

omg hr is so hard
Oh don't worry, it only gets harder. :D
Praw
Is Nightcore mod allowed for DT maps?
[ qBot ]

megapower135 wrote:

Tespia wrote:

omg hr is so hard
Oh don't worry, it only gets harder. :D
i think the hr picks are nice...not to hard and i like those strange sliders :>
Topic Starter
KyoKii
The schedules are being extended by 2 addition hours on both days (UTC 11:00 - 16:00 and 18:00 - 23:00) due to the limited amount of staff that are available on the 19/20
DivineAscension

Praw wrote:

That's up to the discretion of the refs. If both teams agree to it, I don't see why not.
Praw

DivineAscension wrote:

Praw wrote:

That's up to the discretion of the refs. If both teams agree to it, I don't see why not.
Ok, it helps keep better acc for Doll Play, which doesn't have any percussion in the song.
Pulse

[ qBot ] wrote:

imo 80% of the participants can't read ar~10 and aim cs 5.2 (and I'm in this list)
DivineAscension

Tespia wrote:

[ qBot ] wrote:

imo 80% of the participants can't read ar~10 and aim cs 5.2 (and I'm in this list)
You're probably right. That's why we decided to make a poll for it. More people wanted to keep hr than not, so we adjusted it the best that we could by only leaving up 2 hr maps per pool until finals. Well, it'll probably get banned out quite a lot. We'll see.
Topic Starter
KyoKii
Due to several problems which showed up involving the schedule, the staff has decided to revamp the schedules to best fit with timezones of all players. Please keep in mind that we cannot deal with all timezone problems since there is too many to manage. As for now it has been decided that players who cannot absolutely make it on time for their matches during the group stages will be excused. Keep in mind that if you are absent during the matches, you leave you team at a disadvantage. We do not encourage being late for matches but we do encourage you players to have a fun time during this tournament.
Loslite

megapower135 wrote:

Due to several problems which showed up involving the schedule, the staff has decided to revamp the schedules to best fit with timezones of all players. Please keep in mind that we cannot deal with all timezone problems since there is too many to manage. As for now it has been decided that players who cannot absolutely make it on time for their matches during the group stages will be excused. Keep in mind that if you are absent during the matches, you leave you team at a disadvantage. We do not encourage being late for matches but we do encourage you players to have a fun time during this tournament.
Thank you so much, tournament staff <3
Pulse
good luck guys!
-Mystic
Best of luck to everyone ^^
el Shinra
Good luck boys! let's have some fun.
Tecnosh Gordao
LET'S GO 31!!!!
Pulse
omg
rise against
rise against again
yuikonnu
yanaginagi

which staff member I have to kiss?
Xorcon-Senpai
is it possible that team 26 can be called []
Pidget
GOOD JOB EVERYONE !
WE CAN NOW GO TO SLEEP <3

-Dragonguard1998 (currently tired as fuck)
[ qBot ]
for anyone interested, since there wont be an offical stream im streaming my team( Team 21) games on
http://www.twitch.tv/qboteu
el Shinra
yeeeeeee let's go team 17 \o/
Tiroky
In my opinion, the tournament was very fun, and the people were nice. Only thing that bothers me a bit is the difficulty of the songs. 4 star songs, even with mods are a bit slow for reading for people between the required ranks ( #20k-#60k ). But overall it was a nice experience and i'd love to be in it again!!!
OskaRRRitoS

[ qBot ] wrote:

for anyone interested, since there wont be an offical stream im streaming my team( Team 21) games on
http://www.twitch.tv/qboteu
It was a good game dude, you were really good there.
P.S. I can do AR9 (and a bit above like AR9.2 or something), I can also do lower AR like AR8 and anything inbetween.
Praw

Tiroky wrote:

In my opinion, the tournament was very fun, and the people were nice. Only thing that bothers me a bit is the difficulty of the songs. 4 star songs, even with mods are a bit slow for reading for people between the required ranks ( #20k-#60k ). But overall it was a nice experience and i'd love to be in it again!!!
Then you might be underranked, I'm 29k and I can do AR0-AR9.1 only.
drobovik123
Was a very fun experience! Such nervewracking tournament, was so happy to play against higher ranks (im 56k) and outplaying some of them! Unfortunately, we went 0-3 so I wont try playing ~5* maps in tournament, but I loved it so much. Looking forward to some similar tournaments, thx everyone for my best ever osu experience!
Xorcon-Senpai
#team[]blank gj guys and also can team 26 plz get their name changed to team []
Magenta

Tiroky wrote:

The maps are intentionally easier for group stages. Later stages will have harder maps and may have maps that are between AR 9 and AR 10. Difficulty ramps up pretty quickly after the RO16 maps.
przepson

Magenta wrote:

Tiroky wrote:

The maps are intentionally easier for group stages. Later stages will have harder maps and may have maps that are between AR 9 and AR 10. Difficulty ramps up pretty quickly after the RO16 maps.
That's good, cuz in fact, first mappol be funny but... little ez xD
Pulse
Well,the Ro16 mappool was very interesting to me. DT maps are much better now. We have some easy and tricky maps, and this will be interesting.
I just didn't like heartbeat on HR bracket. It's a good map, but AR10 is quite different from ar9.8 (flower dance). It seems kinda forced to a 2nd round, but let's go.
DivineAscension

Tespia wrote:

Well,the Ro16 mappool was very interesting to me. DT maps are much better now. We have some easy and tricky maps, and this will be interesting.
I just didn't like heartbeat on HR bracket. It's a good map, but AR10 is quite different from ar9.8 (flower dance). It seems kinda forced to a 2nd round, but let's go.
That's because it basically was x.x good lower difficulty hardrocks are difficult to find
DivineAscension
For those of you who are through to the round of 16 (will be released VERY shortly, but you should have a good idea of who you are if you are going through) please remember to message me if you can't make certain times of the day. If you do not, I will assume you are available all day. Those who already spoke to either me or another member of staff don't need to worry.
DivineAscension
TENTATIVE schedules for RO16: 23/13/2015

12:00 - team 30 vs team 22/25
13:00 - team 1 vs team 23
15:00 - team 17 vs team 3
16:00 - team 2 vs team 19
18:00 - team 5 vs team 6
19:00 - team 14 vs team 12
21:00 - team 26 vs team 10
22:00 - team 16 vs team 18

ALL TIMES ARE IN UTC

Please message me if you have trouble making it.

Note that this can still change. If I don't get any complaints this will probably be the schedule.

Note that team 22/25 (group 8) has not completed all their matches. This will be decided after team 22's rescheduled match tomorrow.
Perklone

DivineAscension wrote:

TENTATIVE schedules for RO16:

ALL TIMES ARE IN UTC

Note that this can still change. If I don't get any complaints this will probably be the schedule.

Note that team 22/25 (group 8) has not completed all their matches. This will be decided after team 22's rescheduled match tomorrow.
my team haven't finished all matches :o
DivineAscension

[-R1] wrote:

DivineAscension wrote:

ALL TIMES ARE IN UTC

my team haven't finished all matches :o
I'm well aware, hence the very last sentence.... I presume you know you're team 22?
Perklone

DivineAscension wrote:

I'm well aware, hence the very last sentence.... I presume you know you're team 22?
yea. i didn't see the last part :D
przepson

DivineAscension wrote:

ALL TIMES ARE IN UTC

...... WHICH DAY? :D
Pulse
which day, divine?
show more