forum

[resolved] Weird Dual monitor issues

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Happy-
I'm having some weird choppy lag with my dual monitor set up, however it seems to be somewhat specific so i tried some different stuff out

I have a 60hz monitor and a 144hz monitor, here's some of the different things i tried out

60hz | 144hz
video open (low quality) = osu lags
video paused = no lag
task manager open = no lag
windows media player with video open = osu lags
windows media player open with no vid = no lag

So I'm guessing its like, if there's something moving on the 60hz monitor it makes osu lag on the other 144hz monitor?

idk pls help fam
Trosk-

-Happy- wrote:

So I'm guessing its like, if there's something moving on the 60hz monitor it makes osu lag on the other 144hz monitor?
Correct. This is basically what happens. It just makes osu! (and other games/applications) also run on 60hz, even if your screen is set to 144hz. That's why you shouldn't leave any video or animation (like twitter, or something like that) on the second screen while playing.
Topic Starter
-Happy-
o rite thanks trosk
Another weird thing is, that the lag stops with a twitch stream if i don't have the chat open in cinema mode.
Trosk-

-Happy- wrote:

o rite thanks trosk
Another weird thing is, that the lag stops with a twitch stream if i don't have the chat open in cinema mode.
I noticed that sometimes happens and sometimes don't for me. Anyways, just close or minimize them if you are going to play if you don't want to get 60hz in your main screen. Marking resolved since this doesn't have nothing to do with osu!, probably blame Windows or something :P