Hey~ From my M4M queue.regarding difficulty: I won't change it.No Escape:
- Whoa, that OD is pretty high. (To be honest, I don’t think I’ve ever modded a map that has such a high OD before >.<)
- One unsnapped green line: 05:20:765. Easy thing to fix though. Just snap it to 05:20:767
- 01:25:823 (8,9,10,11) –These jumps look extremely big to me, especially since the rhythm is so fast. I suggest you try to make the jumps a bit less for more comfortable play here. I see that spacing was the reason that this map got DQ in the first place so I guess I’ll also point out places where I feel the spacings are a bit overdone. Again: 01:24:811 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) – Not all of them, but especially the ones that I pointed out first: 8,9,10,11.
- 01:29:025 (1,2) –I don’t really know if it’s necessary to make these jumps this big.
- 01:29:868 (7,8) –Weird to play, since the flow goes backwards from 7 back to 8. You can probably try turning this stream: 01:29:531 (3,4,5,6,7) –the other way, so that (3) starts where (7) is now.
- 01:30:542 (2,3) –This jump looks big.
- 01:31:216 (5,6) –Same as 01:29:868 (7,8) –
- 01:32:564 (7,8) –This is an example of a pattern that doesn’t cause bad flow, since you don’t have to jump sharply with your cursor. Then again, that jump looks a bit big, lol.
- 01:35:261 (6,7) –Pretty big jump.
- 01:39:137 (2,3) –This jump looks insane to me since the rhythm here is much faster than the rest of kiai time and yet you made the jump almost similar to the rest.
- 01:41:834 (2,3) -^
- 02:17:733 (1,2) –Not a nice placing, since it causes weird flow and you didn’t place any of the rest like this.
- 02:19:755 (1,2) – Rather keep the spacing consistent here with the rest since there’s no real change in the music to support the change of distance here.
- 02:20:261 (1,2) -^
- 02:20:767 (1,2) –This is just . . . no. Very bad flow and too big jump.
- 02:54:811 (5,6) –Very big jump here. What makes it even more difficult is the fact that the jump comes right after a stream.
I’m sorry, but there are still a lot of places where I feel the jumps are just too big (It doesn’t really look like you addressed Irre’s spacing issues thoroughly) I won’t be able to push this forward because of the above reasons and many other similar issues: The insane spacings and the bad flow (Bad flow more my personal opinion I guess)
I want to pop the bubble, but honestly, I’m scared to since I’m afraid I’m overreacting or something, but I truly think, personally, that this isn’t ready yet. I would like the next BN to read this as well and then make his/her own judgement. Perhaps this mapset will go through easily now, but I’m not gonna take that chance. Sorry >.<
Randomly joining in again, I know you dont like me, but I care about the map.It's a little silly that you think I don't like you. I may sound so when I disagree with opinions, but that's not true. I'm actually very grateful that you gave your opinion about some things and that you're trying to help with my map.
With all that BN and QAT drama just around the corner, I'd say that "I wont change the difficulty" will result in "That didnt adress the problem mentioned in the first DQ post -> DQ #2" and will probably circle somewhere around that point. Ive seen that youve changed some things, but some of the unnecessay fullscreen jumps are still to be found in the diff.
To the qualifying BN; Make double-sure that it meets your quality standard. This is a double-edged sword, really.
- 01:17:564 (4,5,6) - I can understand your jump from 4>5 but not 5>6. You map an equally large distanced jump to something that is barely audible in the music xP. it was mainly since I wanted to emphasize 01:18:238 (1) - but changed anyway.
- 01:24:811 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - These are overdone not because they are too big, bit because this section is quite calm compared to the Kiai right before it. By using jumps this big so early on, it makes the Kiai feel less intense. I think having big jumps here are fine, but comparatively, these should still be smaller than the ones you use in Kiai. Please don't buff the Kiai jumps tho xP. Well I'm tired of people complaining about these so I'll change them rip. I still felt it was stronger than anything in this song so it had this kind of spacing.
- 01:49:840 (2,4) - Are there even 1/4's here? Applies to a lot of thse 5x streams you use. The blue ticks are nearly inaudible. They are audible tho, I don't want to change such things since it's a lot of what dnb maps are based on and they fit extremely well imo.
- 02:05:598 (2,3,1,2) - This doesn't flow very well for me... idk I don't really see the problem. The slider follows the same direction as the note before and the angle isn't that bad either.
- 02:08:547 (4) - I would take these out and instead map a jump between 02:08:463 (3,5) - . Triplets work, but making it a 5x stream makes the snare on 5 less impactful. If you did a triplet + jump you could emphasize it a lot better. I see what you're getting at but my intention was to have the snare thing as the last stream note and I really liked how it went. Also don't want to randomly cut off the obvious stream which is the only thing that you can listen to at this point.
- 02:37:452 (1,2,3,4) - This should be spaced lower, following your stream pattern. Or at least, spaced less than 02:37:789 (1,2,3,4) - because this set is where the notes are the highest pitch, so having the highest spacing here works best. Well the stream patern is actually longer since there's two times where 02:37:452 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - 02:42:845 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this kind of pitch repeats and imo 02:37:789 (1,2,3,4) - is higher pitched than 02:37:452 (1,2,3,4) - so it's more spaced
- 02:54:137 (2,3,1,2) - I don't really like the sharp angle you have to turn from 2>3 in order to play the stream. 02:55:317 (1,2,3) - This is much better though! sure
- 04:11:160 (2,3) - I think a rhythm like this is more appropriate: I tried to follow vocals there but I guess it's better to follow the thing you gave ok
- 05:09:811 (1,2,1) - etc... man these are pretty cool. thank
- 05:22:115 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - Ehh i didn't like these though. They're all stacked but its kinda awkward to play them for me. I much preferred the patterns which involved jumps and movement. Like this pattern is so different from 05:23:295 (1,2,1,2) - while your other sliders prior usually all involve the same pattern and movement being repeated. Point made
I think you could have paid more attention to kicks and snares at certain parts. Examples: 02:56:665 (1,2,3) - 02:59:362 (1,2,3) - 03:00:036 (3,4,5) - 05:49:250 (1,2,3) - 05:54:643 (1,2,3) - etc... The way you map some of these jumps it seems like you go "this drum is loud, lets map a jump " and "this drum is normal/soft, so we'll use normal spacing". You could be more thorough with your spacing concept. Well I actually did try to make the kick and snare thing more spaced where the bass is stronger, but in some places it just felt too much compared to the other patterns so the spacing stayed rather similar in some places
Some things will probably overlap with that I've said in my mod and some things might sound weird. It's christmas eve here, my english and explaining might have taken a hit today. I'll list some major examples of what my spacing problem is about so that I dont have to pick every single pattern out of that map. I think this would be disrespectful as well. See these as general examples you could apply to any similar pattern.Section from 00:39:137 (1) - to 00:43:351 (2) -
I can see that you want to support the song getting "louder" (I guess less quiet) and rightfully so, but comparing the spacing from Part A (quiet) to Part B (not-so-quiet) doesnt feel right to me.
- Part A uses a pretty low and even spacing with expections for patterns like 00:29:699 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) -, which is totally fine though! The spacing fits the difficulty and song intensity very well, so there are no complaints here.
- Part B on the other hand literally jumps up the difficulty curve and introduces a 3/1 jumping section, peaking at x3,5 DS for a very similar type of beat like the previous, just being a little bit louder with additional bass here and there.
If Part A's general DS would be 1.0, Part B's should be around 1.3 to 1.5 - it currently feels more like a 2.0 or higher.Section from 01:22:283 (1) - to 01:26:328 (1) -
What buggs me here is that the difficulty of the song starts to ramp up even before the actual speed/intensity/whatever change happens.
01:22:283 (1) - to 01:24:643 (8) - still feels like it'd belong to the part before that (which had lots of patterned spacing like 01:17:733 (5,6,7,8,9,1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - ). Again, I can see the intention behind this, but I dont think that this much spacing is jusified with the previous part in mind.
01:24:811 (1) - to 01:26:160 (10) - Glad that it was nerfed a bit so that it's not full on fullscreen jumps anymore. While it does fit to the intensity of the current buildup, I'd lower this one a little bit as well if you were to change the things mentioned above. It's strong, yes, but it's not the end of a kiai.Part 01:30:036 (8,9,10,1,2,3) - and similar (Kiai stuff)
So, these happen many times throughout the map, so Im not sure if what I say is even valid. For me though, they're too spaced.
Im having lots of trouble pointing the finger at specific patterns because, theoretically, every single one of these patterns is consistent with a different pattern that meets the same issue. If I were to point out pattern x and ask for a less spaced version, then pattern y would be overspaced in comparison. Rinse repeat, every changed pattern is overspaced compared to the previous one.
It's like as if youre in a sandcastle building competition. One guy builds a huge one and everyone tried to build a better and higher one - until everyone's castle breaks down. wat
I feel like stuff like the following examples could be toned down by at least a tiny bit, as some of them just feel like basic* beats/notes. Maybe this would help to lower the general spacing a little bit, too.
01:27:845 (2,3) -
01:30:036 (8,9,10,1,2,3) -
01:33:238 (2,1) -
01:35:261 (6,7) -
01:35:767 (1,2,1) -
01:37:958 (6,7,8) -
01:41:665 (1,2,3,4) -
01:43:856 (1,2,1) -
01:46:047 (5,6) -
01:46:553 (1,2,1) -
01:49:081 (5,6,1,2,3) -
01:51:946 (1,2,3) -
01:54:643 (1,2,1) -
01:57:340 (1,2,1) -
02:02:227 (5,6,7,1,2,3) -
02:04:924 (5,6) -
On the other hand I'd like to point out patterns that I really like, spacing wise. I could see the map being mapped like this (if used correctly)
01:29:531 (3,4,5,6,7,8) -
01:31:553 (7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) -
01:34:418 (1,2,3,4,5) -
01:39:474 (4,5,1) -
01:42:845 (2,3,4,5) -
01:46:890 (1,2,3,4,1) -
01:49:755 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) -
01:53:632 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1) -
01:55:654 (4,1,2,3,4,5) -
01:58:351 (4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) -
02:03:238 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2) -
02:06:778 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,1,2) -
So, if you were to adjust the "wrong" spaced objects to be "right" spaced objects, I'd probably be happy already.
(*Basic: Things you'd map as a "normal spaced" object in a very standard/meta Insane (no very strong bass/beat, no streamy sounds, etc.) (I hope this makes sense))I also think that things like 03:01:722 (5,6,1,2,3) - dont feel too good either. Right now, there's tons of movement everywhere with these huge jumps, so (5 and 6) are comparably tiny and have "no" movement to add to the map.
If we were to talk about consistency, the movement should probably go (Fast) (Fast) (Less Fast) (Somewhat Slow) (Less Fast) (Fast) (Fast), while patterns like these are (Fast) (Fast) (Fast) (Slow) (Fast) (Fast) (Fast).
I feel stupid/like a kid explaining things like this, but I dont know how to do it otherwise. Sorry lol
Anyway, I hope that this helps a little bit.
It feels like Im just trying to kill the difficulty of this map. Maybe Im just a guy that dislikes extremely spaced maps, sorry.
M4M ReturnThank you!
I'm kind of impressed with the map after playing throughout the song, the last kiai did good job, disappointed at first for high AR usage though. this ar feels comfortable to me personally for such map, it's not a farm map anyway so much rather let it be more forgiving
There are 2 things that I don't like in the song and deem to be unfitting with the pacing of the diff, hope you consider changing them a bit along with your taste and such
- spaced triples: 01:49:081 (5,6,1) - , 03:15:373 (5,6,1) - , 04:41:665 (5,6,1) - and 06:07:958 (4,5,1) - I can't find them fitting with the song at all and to be honest, they are annoying to play in practice so is it done in favor of having more pp? if not, you could change to a triple stack or use less-spaced triples instead. it's just intense there, but I guess the tripples can be less spaced, but they have to be emphasized since I mapped to the drums
- 02:10:823 (1,2) - this is kind of surprising to read for the first time, trying to introduce this by having proper spacing at the 1st 2 sliders and then leave the rest the same? proper spacing that I mean is just only using ctrl+g on 02:10:823 (1) - and everything else is done, just make it close spacing to show players it's sliders on 1/4 not constant 1/2 like what have been done so far. When you compare this with 05:03:407 (1,2) - , it's more intuitive on 05:03:407 (1,2) - as they are mapped by curved slider and the direction is matched each other unlike 02:10:823(1,2) - changed that part a little to make it play easier and yeah less spacing on first few sliders
The rest looks great though, a challenging map to play that doesn't go beyond the song that far. Good luck for re-qualification and ranking