forum

Just started playing :D

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
L A T O I U S
So I just downloaded Osu today!
My brother has been playing this game for the fast 6months-1year and hes encouraged me to download this game, so I did!
Hes giving me a few tips and shown me some nices skins and maps, but does anyone have any suggestions for maps that slowly progress and don't jump from 3stars - 6? Also a few nice skins would be nice to c:
Thanks <3 8-)
Raiken-
Hi and welcome.
I think you've made a thread in a wrong section.
This is the right section for this kind of thread : 8

Anyway, Welcome and enjoy the forum.
Pituophis
Hi! Welcome to the forums!

Check out Garin's userpage for some nice skins. I personally like to use his YUGEN skin a lot. You can also look through the skinning forum to find some cool skins.
getting more songs
try downloading a few beatmap packs, each pack has about 20 mapsets, I think, or torrent a mega pack(if you do this, get megapack 301 - 400) to get a couple thousand songs, or if you don't want a huge number of maps just search search for specific songs you like.
Just try not to play maps way above your current skill level too much, or you'll just end up button mashing, which is a bad habit to get into. Play songs that are difficult for you, but not button mashing difficult, maps you can at least get an A or a B on. If you just play maps that you can barely pass with a C, you might have trouble actually getting better.
Also, if you start to not have fun, take a break :)

If you need help, check out Gameplay & Rankings. Although, the answer to any question's posted there is usually "play more"

If you already know all this, sorry for wasting your time.

Enjoy your time here, you might never leave :D
deadbeat
Can confirm. Garin skins are awesome
Draakje45
Hi man,

I sent you a friend request. How did you level so fast man!?
In any case, been playing osu! for like 2 1/2 weeks now, and I play the osu! version of osu! (have not tried others yet) :).
Have fun! And challenge me to some maps, if you like. Try to see who does better :).
Damn, I should have played even more osu though :P.
Zafufu

Latoius wrote:

So I just downloaded Osu today!
My brother has been playing this game for the fast 6months-1year and hes encouraged me to download this game, so I did!
Hes giving me a few tips and shown me some nices skins and maps, but does anyone have any suggestions for maps that slowly progress and don't jump from 3stars - 6? Also a few nice skins would be nice to c:
Thanks <3 8-)

Welcome, and there's a good amount of maps out there with difficulty variety. If you'd like to meet in-game sometime for me to show you some, just add me and all that. xD I'm also new to the forum, and hope you enjoy your time here too. :3
Hikona
Welcome to the forums and Osu !