forum

[Archived] Is 4.5 ms latency bad?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rickolo
how much latency do most of you guys have, i cant get any lower that this using my new monitor.
Trosk-
Well, 4.5 is like 230 fps or so. That's not optimal but well, it's not bad. If you can't get more framerate is probable because your PC can't handle more. Also, make sure to use Unlimited (Gameplay) in the framerate limiter option. The framerate will be limited to 240 in the menus.
Topic Starter
Rickolo

Trosk- wrote:

Well, 4.5 is like 230 fps or so. That's not optimal but well, it's not bad. If you can't get more framerate is probable because your PC can't handle more. Also, make sure to use Unlimited (Gameplay) in the framerate limiter option. The framerate will be limited to 240 in the menus.
Well you see, i am using a laptop but i am trying out an friends keyboard and i use an old screen instead of ky laptop screen, i cant get the framerate past 1~230fps, i used to get like 2ms latency on my laptop.
pcguy712
The lower the ms latency the better. I get around 1.6 - 2.1 ms.

To get lower latency you need higher FPS.

For that I'd suggest turning off all the visuals and lower the resolution down to 1280 x 720.
Dazdy_old
It's better than mine. Mine's about 8.6, but it really doesn't matter much to me. I use 120fps as a limit and have all the visual effects except combobursts off.