forum

After donation, enable us to give supporter tag to a mapset

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
CircusGalop
Effect of supporter tag on mapset
- add to new category "supported"
- increase the file size limit.
- add scoreboard like Qualified maps.
- increase the accessibility if it is Ranked & Approved.

Expected result
- Additional maintenance cost will be paid.
- request t/293841 will be resolved.
- Some donators will donate more.
- Some mappers can make more high quality maps.
Minhtam

CircusGalop wrote:

Effect of supporter tag on mapset
- add to new category "supported"
- increase the file size limit.
- add scoreboard like Qualified maps.
- increase the accessibility if it is Ranked & Approved.

Expected result
- Additional maintenance cost will be paid.
- This request will be resolved. t/293841
- Some donators will donate more.
- Some mappers can make more high quality maps.
Dude, the file size limit is there for reasons regarding performance. No way is this request even remotely viable.
Topic Starter
CircusGalop

Minhtam wrote:

Dude, the file size limit is there for reasons regarding performance. No way is this request even remotely viable.
Okay. I just thought like BMS. If it affect performance , this request is bad. But, I think osu!mania can't reach BMS quality without increasing size.
Bara-
Uhm no
We don't need people to buy ranked status for their (crappy) maps
BN/QAT should qualify it, or it'll be a mess
Topic Starter
CircusGalop

Baraatje123 wrote:

Okay. It seems right.
For example, I'm a creator of crappy maps and I would like to support crappy maps.
This request may be invalid.
Cra Dow

CircusGalop wrote:

Baraatje123 wrote:

Okay. It seems right.
For example, I'm a creator of crappy maps and I would like to support crappy maps.
This request may be invalid.
Practically your maps are great, only problem is that osu still doesn't support 10 key single player by default, so if there is a problem its not yours as a mapper.

Baraatje123 wrote:

Uhm no
We don't need people to buy ranked status for their (crappy) maps
On the other hand the community is big, and when people start mapping if they didn't do something similar to doing rhytm game maps, which is rare outside osu, people start dumb, if not for the people valuing and criticizing thouse maps before getting ranked or even qualified, there would be almost no playable map or it would be extremely hard to find good maps. The entire pp system would be junk... that way.
Yauxo
Another thing is that it wouldnt solve the gimmick category request, as one of the main points of it is that we'd have (some sort of) gimmick-BNs that would be able to rank them if they were gimmicky, but also good in design and quality. As already mentioned, buying said status would defeat its purpose, as everyone can rank their shitmap (even if it'd never be ranked otherwise).
Topic Starter
CircusGalop
I'm just osu! mania user and I write my opinion. I don't know osu standard maps.

1. All nonranked maps are shitmap? nope. The number of interesting unranked maps is even more than the number of ranked maps.
2. Look at the ranking criteria. https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu!mania_Ranking_Criteria These(most of rules) affect the fun of maps? nope. Scoreboards are affect the fun of maps? yup.
3. Why need moding process when someone makes 100% hitsound maps with own music?
4. Do you think scoreboards are expensive unnecessarily? However, LR2 IR ranking(BMS ranking) is operated for seven years with free of charge. There are about 200,000 ranking pages now.

I'm just suggesting to add new category maps regardless of ranking process for fun. PP is should not be affected by this and the scoreboard should be reset sometimes for updates unlike ranked maps.
Why do you worry about scoreboard on shitmaps? As a result, somebody donates for osu. :)
Myxo
Ranked maps, or in general maps that are supported by this game in any way due to being in some kind of official listing (like what you are suggesting) have two major effects:
- They encourage more players to play them due to the possibility to gain scores and pp.
- They represent the game to the outside of osu!

We don't want to encourage players to play any shitmap you donate for, especially since these could mess up the score system somehow. If we would allow gimmick maps to have a scoreboard, we would have to check them if they atleast don't mess up the score system (for example by placing multiple objects at the same time in standard, etc.). That is absolutely necessary.

We don't want random maps to represent the game to the outside of osu!, because osu! is a rhythm game and maps are supposed to follow the music. That means we would have to check them if they follow the music properly. That is also absolutely necessary.

All that together brings us back to the other popular feature request (the one with the gimmick section). You always need some people to check maps, there is absolutely no way around that.
Underforest
I'm agree with Desperate
XinCrin
I'm okay with kudosus
Bara-
I totally agree with D-Kun

XinCrin, your avatar is so cute
Remyria
could be a decorative thing that'd add maybe golden colour in osu!direct to the map or something lol but that's it
Sea_Food
ITT people who cant read the OP thinking that this request is asking for paid maps to give pp.