forum

Blue switches..

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kayasukii
How do i stream with blue switches? i feel like i can't press enough to spam it to death... HALP
Endaris
Play more.
Press the buttons faster.
If you have no speed or stamina it doesn't have anything to do with your keyboard and you have to work for it.
Topic Starter
kayasukii
Do i have to push the button down as possible? because its like i got stuck in the halfway i push it down
Floob
Practice streaming with them more. It's not terribly hard to stream with them once you're used to it. If you get stuck halfway down, then just press the keys harder.
Topic Starter
kayasukii
Thanks for answers. :)
Dilectus
you get used to it. so dont worry.

pls enjoy game
ZenithPhantasm
Blue switches aren't even hard to press. Quit being weak and gitgud
Minhtam

Floob wrote:

It's not terribly hard to stream with them once you're used to it.
I don't like that phrasing. It's almost like you're insinuating that there's an easier switch to stream with *cough* brown *cough*
chainpullz

Minhtam wrote:

Floob wrote:

It's not terribly hard to stream with them once you're used to it.
I don't like that phrasing. It's almost like you're insinuating that there's an easier switch to stream with *cough* brown *cough*
Think a little darker and you might be onto something.
KanoSet

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Blue switches aren't even hard to press. Quit being weak and gitgud
TakuMii
I've been using Blues for nearly a month now (after using Browns for years), and IMO it has nothing to do with how hard they are to press... It's how the tactile bump moves down after actuation (making the release point higher than the actuation point). It's a bit more difficult to be consistent at faster speeds when the spring is so much lighter than the bump and each keypress requires more finger movement to press repeatedly (compared to non-clicky and/or linear switches). It really takes some getting used to.

...I want MX Clears or maybe Zealio/Gateron Purples.
Infevo
1. bottom out everything and ignore the tactility.
2. don't be a whiny bitch.
3. be a mole instead and pray.
deletemyaccount
are you jackhammering your keyboard? While this works for many people, you might want to try tapping more lightly for higher bpm streams (still bottoming out but now slamming the poor switches).
Infevo

Philantropist wrote:

are you jackhammering your keyboard? While this works for many people, you might want to try tapping more lightly for higher bpm streams (still bottoming out but now slamming the poor switches).
cherry mx switches last at least 50 million clicks. most people don't even come close to this number in hits; not even remotely. so my suggestion: fk 'em up good then switch buttons when you feel like it. before you wear them down you rather buy another keyboard.
TakuMii

Infevo wrote:

cherry mx switches last at least 50 million clicks. most people don't even come close to this number in hits; not even remotely. so my suggestion: fk 'em up good then switch buttons when you feel like it. before you wear them down you rather buy another keyboard.
The longevity of the switches themselves would be the least of my worries... I've actually managed to unseat a few of the plate-mounted switches on one of my other keyboards, just from the amount of force I used to use when playing osu!.
Topic Starter
kayasukii
I'm pressing it hard as i can in long streams, but i think i have to try some new mechanichs for me.. would maybe a video help you out to help me?
chainpullz
For stamina/speed with blues stop bottoming out. The bump is there for a reason. You are probably gimping yourself by trying to press too hard. Your clicks will register at the point you hit the bump. There's no need to bottom out unless you A) have the stamina for the streams and B) are trying for high acc (ie. low bpm od10).
Infevo

chainpullz wrote:

For stamina/speed with blues stop bottoming out. The bump is there for a reason. You are probably gimping yourself by trying to press too hard. Your clicks will register at the point you hit the bump. There's no need to bottom out unless you A) have the stamina for the streams and B) are trying for high acc (ie. low bpm od10).
Blues naturally have a higher reset point than actuation point. This is why I recommend playing blues like reds. Bottomming out will give you consistency in acc and hit/miss ratio due to missing resets of the switch. This is also why I quickly realized the tactility of blues dont make any sense for osu!.
A Medic
Just bottom out, I used to have a blue switch keyboard and I always just bottomed out and played with no issues.
Topic Starter
kayasukii
Aight, thank you guys anyways. :) <3