forum

ranking in comparison to difficulty

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
philkillz
Just wondering what difficulty/accuracy people can play in comparison to their rank

For example: im rank 120k+ and can play 5 star difficulty with 88% accuracy

Any rank is welcome to reply :)
Endaris
Please play the Lunatic or Insane-Diff of this map and say it again:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/344620&m=0
E m i
7.07 stars with 99.97% accuracy
Topic Starter
philkillz

Endaris wrote:

Please play the Lunatic or Insane-Diff of this map and say it again:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/344620&m=0
so far i get half through the map with 90% accuracy even tho its not my style of map (way too much streams) but i will post in a few days when i have time to complete the map

you should try kimi no shiranai monogatari a 4.97 rly fun map to play xd https://osu.ppy.sh/s/289074
Yolshka
rank 50k and i play 3,5~3,8* and rank doesn't matter
Topic Starter
philkillz

ShadyAngel wrote:

which is why i made this topic: to find out if rank actually represents the amount of skill you have o.o
Endaris

philkillz wrote:

ShadyAngel wrote:

which is why i made this topic: to find out if rank actually represents the amount of skill you have o.o
If you think you're skilled because you can pass things with 88% acc you're wrong.
Seemingly you aren't even capable of passing the 4* maps I gave you though so even that is questionable.
Mahogany
I'm rank 6k and I play 5* maps
Topic Starter
philkillz
[/quote]
If you think you're skilled because you can pass things with 88% acc you're wrong.
Seemingly you aren't even capable of passing the 4* maps I gave you though so even that is questionable.[/quote]

I don't think i'm skilled but i don't believe that the 125k people that have a higher rank than me are all capable of even finishing a 4.5-5 star song
88% accuracy might not be high but finishing a higher than 4.5 star song in my opinion requires a certain amount of skill o.o

and also songs with more jumps and a fast pace are easier for me to complete than songs with lots of streams and a slower speed of the circles closing
Vesrand
Stars difficulty rating is broken imo. Because it doesnt take into account how hard to read patterns in map and bpm. For example I did full combo with almost 99% acc on this https://osu.ppy.sh/b/660357?m=0 and its 5.2* and that was super easy (did it on 2nd or 3rd try) because it has 168 bpm and easy readable patterns. But just look at this maps https://osu.ppy.sh/b/110914 and https://osu.ppy.sh/b/99094 I barely can pass them because they have 282 and 254 bpm. 1st has same star difficulty and latter one is just 4.6* but it is much much much harder than that 5.2* map i linked before.

Few days ago I made a post about learning to play at high BPM. I'm still trying to teach myself to read such things.
leepdesu
I suck so I play 4* maps
otoed1
Can we stop having these pointless posts? I feel like it should be fairly obvious that unless you fc'd with at LEAST a 96% on a map, you are not skilled enough to say that you can do that map well. Even that is a stretch imo, 96% is practically mashing.
chainpullz

otoed1 wrote:

Can we stop having these pointless posts? I feel like it should be fairly obvious that unless you fc'd with at LEAST a 96% on a map, you are not skilled enough to say that you can do that map well. Even that is a stretch imo, 96% is practically mashing.
Tfw all my scores are mashing. :'(
Endaris

chainpullz wrote:

otoed1 wrote:

Tfw all my scores are mashing. :'(
Terrible HR-mashers, gg.
DT-players real kings of accuracy.
I play 2.5*-5.5*
ZenithPhantasm
Rank unknown. 4*-6*
I Give Up
2 stars, 12% acc.
Creyz
Rank 61k and I can Pass 5 Star map no Problem and i Passed 4 easy 6 Star maps ^^
Risa
I play to enjoy game so fuck star rating and rank
KanoSet
i can't play scarlet rose
buny
i can play any map with 0% acc
uberpancake
Rank 13k I passed a 7 star map once. I belong in top 100 but my teammates are holding me down
-Makishima S-
30k - 4.4 - 4.8* (185 bpm max) nomod @ 97-99% acc

Not accepting shitscores so i cannot mash bik shit / scary rose / val0logia

Not trying to make "passes", bad acc and misses piss me off too much.
Ninonuko
Rank 7k.
Highest star fc'd 6.25* - 96.71% od 9 - 240pp.
Best fc play 5.42* - 99.39% od 7 - 209pp.
CXu
You wouldn't listen to a musical performance where they only play the song 88% right.
Endaris

CXu wrote:

You wouldn't listen to a musical performance where they only play the song 88% right.
That's what I'm always telling them but eh...
88% is still a fake value due to slider leniency and while it's unnecessary to get high accuracy on every song, below 90% on Score v2 is very questionable.
buny

CXu wrote:

i doubt many people could tell the timing for some beats are off, you have nothing to compare the timing with in a real performance. Also people go to see dragonforce live even though they can hardly perform their own work.

agree with the message you're trying to get across though.
-Makishima S-

CXu wrote:

88% due speed issues = having 100's on streams etc but barely any misses due "map too hard to aim and read" != 88% due tons of misses becouse map too hard for you.

If map too hard to aim and read = don't play until better skill (eg. val0logia @ 50k rank = 70% acc C NF with 60-80+ misses if not more...)
If shit acc becouse of speed issue = play more and get bette (eg. magic girl @ 50k rank = 88% acc B nomod with 5-10 misses becouse its "challenging")

Simple as making coffee. But that's just my personal ideology (bold&ul for ceratin cunts who cannot read with understanding), so far it works well for me.
Topic Starter
philkillz
i'm not debating wether getting any % on any song is good or bad, i just wonder why that completing a high star song nets players a low rank up (if they don't have full combo ofc). While completing an easy song with full combo gives you an insane amount of rank.

considering that me completing a 3.5 star song with full combo and 98% acc gives me like 1k rank while completing 4.5+ star songs (without full combo and 93-85% accuracy) only gives me 20-40ish rank.
Bearing in mind that doing the 3.5 star song requires only 1-2 tries to do and completing the 4.5+ star songs require about 40-50 tries (just to complete them).

so people get rewarded more for going the easy and rather boring way than they are rewarded for doing the challenging way
Manysi
This game is perfection oriented, and it makes a lot of sense if you think about it why.
Mahogany

philkillz wrote:

so people get rewarded more for going the easy and rather boring way than they are rewarded for doing the challenging way
Actually, it's more like people get rewarded for actually making a good quality play that comes with an FC, rather than a crappy play consisting of mashing their way through something far too fast for them.
-Makishima S-
No, people are rewarded for good scores and playing a RHYTHM GAME which means -> full combo @ very high acc (which is 98%+).
Endaris

philkillz wrote:

Passing a map is not challenging.
If you need 40-50 tries for a pass you're doing it wrong.
If you can pass something or not is heavily dependent on the HP specific map and on its specifics:
Are there Kickslider-Jump-Sections where you can die from getting 2 100s in a row and missing 2 sliders in immediate consecution?
Are there very long spinners paired with high OD that chip away your health for free with difficult jumps right after unless(or even if) you spin 477rpm?
Are there slow sections that drain your health by a lot even when SSing?
If the HP is 9 or 10 and one of these question is yes the map is automatically a lot harder to pass than - let's say Airman.
Yolshka
Are you saying that passing a map with high HP drain rate is actually OK?
Endaris

ShadyAngel wrote:

Are you saying that passing a map with high HP drain rate is actually OK?
If you can consistently do it, it's an accomplishment cause it shows that you're not having any major deficits showing on the map and can do a good part of it decently well.
That's my impression of HP10 at least :^)
Yolshka

Endaris wrote:

If you can consistently do it, it's an accomplishment cause it shows that you're not having any major deficits showing on the map and can do a good part of it decently well.
That's my impression of HP10 at least :^)
Yeah, you're right.
Maybe it's not that bad of a thing to do as I initially thought.
buny

philkillz wrote:

you aren't being rewarded more, you're just being punished for having terrible combo/acc
Vesrand

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Rank unknown. 4*-6*
I wonder what was on your userpage? Cute little girlish boys having some fun?
Endaris

Vesrand wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Rank unknown. 4*-6*
I wonder what was on your userpage? Cute little girlish boys having some fun?
No.
KanoSet

a loli wrote:

philkillz wrote:

you aren't being rewarded more, you're just being punished for having terrible combo/acc
nice statement