forum

Mika - Grace Kelly

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vass_Bass
:3
Kecco
Well, I was just giving a look to this map and I noticed that timing loses a few milliseconds right on the second chorus. Anyway I suggest to add a non-inherit timing section on 01:31:366 [91366]. If you want, you can ask something else about this.
M A R I O
You got a Star ******
Gonzvlo
It's about time, Re-bubbled.

SPOILER

Kecco wrote:

Well, I was just giving a look to this map and I noticed that timing loses a few milliseconds right on the second chorus. Anyway I suggest to add a non-inherit timing section on 01:31:366 [91366]. If you want, you can ask something else about this.
Hmm... timing goes off like 1~2ms on that spot but then it sounds perfectly fine imo.
Derekku
Timing feels a bit off... I started to mod this, but won't be able to complete it tonight. I'll finish tomorrow and edit this post.

[General]
*If this is intended, then COOL http://puu.sh/3qYz
*BPM/Offset both feel off, but I still can't put my finger on it after multiple play tests. It feels like the offset fluctuates around 5ish ms at times, but not enough to require a new uninherited section. I think that the offset definitely needs a -5 (thus 580), but I'm still not sure of the BPM and would rather that this gets dealt with _before_ it's ranked rather than after.
*Kinda sad that the ending wasn't timed (and instead has notes on 1/4 and 1/8 ticks). Try 121 BPM 161548 offset and 118 BPM 165514 offset, snap the ending spinners/notes correctly to white and purple ticks, and see how that sounds.
*Countdown sounds a bit strange since the map starts on the second white tick. Try a countdown offset (e.g. 1) and see if that sounds any better.

[Storyboard]
*I expected an extra loop for the pulsing background before the chorus (i.e. changing 32 loops to 33) since it seems to awkwardly stop before the chorus.
*Expected the mika.png strobing " L,143877,4" to have an extra loop (to give a bigger statement for the beginning of the final chorus). However, the "L,145840,32" loops would need to start a white tick later and with one less loop.
*Why does the background suddenly disappear at the end of the song instead of fading out?
*Expected "violet sky" to start at the darker violet instead of pink. Maybe start at violet and then go to pink or start at violet and get darker instead.
*"Purple" was more of an indigo than purple...
*I expected another color change between "anything you like" and "gotta be mean".
*Also expected a color change for "walk out the door".

[Easy]
*Could lower the drain and OD a tick each, but that's up to you.
Spacing between new combos was a bit larger than I'm used to, but overall I'd say that the difficulty was pretty solid.

[Jar's Normal]
*Difficulty settings are much too high for a normal. The drain is _higher_ than Hard's and the OD is the same as Hard's. Thus, I suggest lowering both the OD and Drain 2 ticks each.
*01:58:363 - I suggest using colorhax to match the SB here (or change the SB for this difficulty to match).

[Taiko]
*Is the countdown even used on this?

[Odaril's Hard]
00:31:174 (1) - I'm confused as to why this is such a short spinner when 01:22:048 (1) isn't.
00:35:100 (1) - Same comment as above but with 01:25:974 (1).
*00:39:844 - Kiai without a note to accompany it? o.O
00:46:387 (1) - This threw me off because I thought it was on the white tick. Also, it's the same spacing as the 00:44:751 (4,5) jump, which is just plain confusing.
01:28:918 (1,2,3,4) - These were normal finishes before the first chorus :/
*01:30:881 - Same as 00:39:844.
02:02:289 (3) - New combo for orange?
02:32:388 (1) - Same comment as 00:46:387 (1).

[Insane]
*Why is this the only difficulty that uses cyan? o.o
*Hmmm perhaps raise the AR one tick?
00:33:955 (5,1) - Expected a note or two between these (like you did with previous combos)
*00:47:696 - Expected a note here
01:24:992 (5,1) - Same comment as 00:33:955 (5,1).
02:02:289 (1) - Not orange?
02:23:882 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - <3
*02:33:696 - Same comment as 00:33:955 (5,1).
*01:38:733 - Same as 00:47:696.
Andrea
I can't find any problem, but since Derekku is going to mod it, I'll just go away~

Leaving a star here, though :P
Shiro

Derekku wrote:

[Odaril's Hard]
00:31:174 (1) - I'm confused as to why this is such a short spinner when 01:22:048 (1) isn't. My bad. That's because I added beats here for the background bass, while there aren't any before. Changed.
00:35:100 (1) - Same comment as above but with 01:25:974 (1). Same.
*00:39:844 - Kiai without a note to accompany it? o.O I was following mainly the vocals. Added a note anyway.
00:46:387 (1) - This threw me off because I thought it was on the white tick. Also, it's the same spacing as the 00:44:751 (4,5) jump, which is just plain confusing. Well, at first, the jump at 00:44 didn't exist. But then people complained about it being confusing because it doesn't start on a white tick, so I added a note, and never thought of adding a note here as well.
01:28:918 (1,2,3,4) - These were normal finishes before the first chorus :/ ? o.o in both cases they are soft finishes
*01:30:881 - Same as 00:39:844. fixed
02:02:289 (3) - New combo for orange? woops, never saw the SB here, changed.
02:32:388 (1) - Same comment as 00:46:387 (1). Same answer.
Thanks for the mod.

Download: Mika - Grace Kelly (RandomJibberish) [Odaril's Hard].osu
Jarby
Please adjust the difficulty settings on my difficulty (colourhax and storyboard too if you like) to your own preferences regarding Derekku's post, RandomJibberish.
Derekku
Sorry for taking so long to get back to this. ):

[Timing]
*I have played Hard/Insane dozens of times trying to get the timing perfect, but I'm still not 100% sure of it. I think that the BPM is a little bit slow and should be changed from 122.264 to 122.270. Also, it seems like the original offset of 585 was correct but threw me off due to the BPM. I'd get a couple opinions on the timing, though.
*Also, move the 121 BPM section back to 161540ms and the 118 BPM section back to 165490ms. The first section should sync to the previous (122.27), and the second was a bit late.

[Jar's Normal]
*AR could've stayed 5 (Easy uses 3 and Hard uses 7).
*00:52:108 (1,1) - Wasn't there a break between these?
02:01:630 (2) - Expected a new combo for the red background.

[Odaril's Hard]
*00:55:052 (5,1) - Wasn't there a break between these?

[Insane]
*Still not sure why this is the only diff that uses cyan... Any reasoning? :p
*This is the only difficulty with a countdown offset? Did you plan to use it on the other diffs?
02:02:289 (1) - Still not orange? ):

No need for kd since my last post received 2 and this one would also give 2 xp
GLF09
Star for Grace Kelly
Good work!

I could be brown
I could be blue
I could be violet sky
I could be hurtful
I could be purple
I could be anything you like
Derekku
I can't apologize enough for taking so long to get back to this. But nevertheless, it's still an amazing map and worth of getting bubbled and ranked!

[Easy]
*You could remove the inherited section at 02:41:540 since there's an uninherited one there.

[Jar's Normal]
*Could still change the AR back to 5; 4 feels too low for a normal (and makes some parts feel too clustered due to the lower approach rate).
00:34:935 (1) - Dunno why I didn't point this out before, but it's a bit too scrunched-up and ambiguous; please spread it out a bit!
01:25:969 (1) - ^
02:01:628 (2) - New combo this to red please.
02:02:282 (1) - And then colorhax this back to orange~
02:40:068 - Not sure why the kiai ends here when it goes through spinners in the other choruses; also, this makes it inconsistent with the other diffs.

[Taiko]
02:23:710 (7,1) - The 1.0x to 1.2x speed change makes the stream disjoint here, but I guess it's not a big deal...
02:41:540 (1) - Perhaps change the inherited section to switch from 1.2x speed back to 1.0x a measure later instead? The spinner looks strange being underneath the stream beforehand...

[Odaril's Hard]
*You could remove the inherited section at 02:41:540 since there's an uninherited one there.

[Insane]
*Enable custom colors like the other diffs, please~
*And then make sure the part before the last chorus is colorhax'd properly!
02:41:548 (1) - The beginning of this spinner isn't snapped correctly; make sure the end snaps correctly too after adjusting!

And that should (finally) be it!

EDIT: Fixed one more issue with Taiko; This is now Bubbled!
narakucrimson
I'll mod this in a few hours.
Don't touch this map until I come back, or I'll get mad.

Just a few picky things to say, the rest is pretty well:

[Easy]
  1. 00:38:043 (1) - I'd rather have you start the kiai with a finish. It kind of lacks force as it is now. If you agree, please add it.
  2. 00:47:530 (5,1) - Since this is kind of a big jump for easy, here's an alternative for placing 00:47:203 (4,5) - :
  3. 01:38:237 (4,5) - (^)
[Normal]
  1. 02:06:208 (1) - The whistle on the second part of this slider doesn't sound so good in my opinion. The music asks for something more quite, I think, so I'd suggest adding a soft section in the slider track after the repeat so that the normal whislte would only be there before the repeat.
About [Insane], everything is good, I was just expecting the section after 02:10:134 - no be slower, somehow. But never mind.

Well that's the little I have to say. Call me back later!

EDIT: Okay, nothing to say now! Finally, the long wait has ended!
Derekku
Yayyyyy! Congrats :B
Darksonic
Congratz!

WHY OD 8 ;______;
Mythol
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Aurele

Awesome.
Meowcenaries
Congratulations!
mancuso_JM_
And this song is incredible
Let's play this map :D
Congratz RJ ;)
BlazingFX
Another map I find harder to SS than needed...
AIR315
Congratz~
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
Thanks, Derek and Naraku. We totes got there in the end!
Now to get some actually good maps ranked!
Stefan
LOL^
The song is damn funny.
Congrats
SapphireGhost
Took you long enough, Jibbaha.
Derekku

RandomJibberish wrote:

Now to get more good maps ranked!
Fixed!
Rukario
I already played this map to death before it was ranked. WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG RJ. You remind me of my ranking schedule lol
MoodyRPG
Hey RJ

Gratz
Gens
I love you for mapping this. I had an old WiP of this song too, but I'm a thousand times happier with your version than mine. :)