forum

[Archived] Lag spikes on sliders with integrated graphics card

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
casmith789
Problem Details:
Using my integrated graphics card I get lag spikes on sliders that are very noticeable.

If I switch to my dedicated graphics card, these disappear. This happened just after the new slider HD changes (but not exactly the same time, there was a brief time where they were working fine on integrated graphics)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

This is the kind of performance graph I get on any beatmap, playing or spectating:
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3990466
Each one of those spikes corresponds with a slider on the screen.

This isn't completely a problem with me, because I can use my dedicated graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M). The integrated one is a standard laptop intel one.

Note that this is definitely at least partially graphics card related, because the only thing I change between it being fine and failling is the graphics card. Perhaps it has recently become a lot harder to calculate sliders for whatever reason?

osu! version: 20151120.4beta
Trosk-
There are known issues for Intel GPUs at the moment. If you want to help fixing them, you could change your release stream to Cutting Edge and see if the problem persists. If it does, please go to this thread and report your problem, providing your gl_info (you will find it in your osu! folder) and your performance.log (osu!\Logs). Also, you can get into the osu! public Slack and report your problem in #cuttingedge :P