forum

League of Legends

posted
Total Posts
show more
- M o s h i -

Renevant wrote:

So the go-to mastery is Thunderlords right now. Is it worth going so deep into the cunning tree for it?
Yes it's worth it, at the moment the Ferocity tree keystones are so weak :o
EneT
Only good keystone masteries right now are thunderlords and grasp of the undying. Anyways, the cunning tree is a a brilliant tree; the precision mastery outclasses the penetration masteries in ferocity.
Justykanna

- M o s h i - wrote:

Thanks to the snowball ARAM isn't complete garbage imo, still the worst mode by far.
I use ARAM if I just wanna play around - it's super casual.
I honestly think the snowball made it far less fun. You spend the entire time trying to dodge these snowballs that are flying at you and inflict true damage. I'm glad they increased the CD and lowered the damage but they're incredibly annoying to play against. Not only that, but I have a hard time seeing them because it's white on lightblue (I know, I'm the only one in the world who complains about not seeing em, but it's hard to watch everything that's going on as well as this tiny white thing). As someone who plays mostly melee champions, saying I dislike them means something imo.
Hika
idk I still find the occasional annoying self entitled idiot on ARAM
Justykanna

Hika wrote:

idk I still find the occasional annoying self entitled idiot on ARAM
So, no different than on Summoner's Rift? xD
Mismagius
I don't get how can anyone dislike ARAM
it's a complete for-fun mode where you can just play anyone and not give a fuck about winning or losing, it's not like it's a competitive mode
it only becomes slightly frustrating when your team consists of 5 melees and enemy team is Katarina / Veigar / Ezreal / Nidalee / Sivir
Hika
I'm fine with rift actually.
I was fine with it this ranked season, although I gave up half way through it :p
Nicest season I've played. And I've been playing a little too long.
Justykanna

Hika wrote:

I'm fine with rift actually.
I was fine with it this ranked season, although I gave up half way through it :p
Nicest season I've played. And I've been playing a little too long.
Fair enough. I've personally seen more morons in Summoner's Rift than Howling Abyss but there's always gonna be some around, either way.

I've had a lot of people rage at how I don't use Teleport in Summoner's Rift but outside of that, I'd say this season was pretty tame vs Seasons 3 and 4. So I guess not complaints from me either!
Nofool
Summoner's Rift is hella boring imo, trying funny things usually means getting rekt unless the other team really is bad. Mainly playing it for rank or serious games (ive been playing for more than 4 years im not just a 500 wins guy qqing his team sucks lol).

I find ARAMs much more fun, snowball basically allows all melee char to be played with chances of winning. I mean ARAM without snowball was just poke char's kingdom, still enjoyable but made no senses. It also requires a better focus since you are like always teamfighting while you gonna spend most of your time farming/traveling in a rift game zzzzzzz

Well i assume you guys are at least playing games with 4 firends before judging a mode õ_o ? (also wtf last season was one of the worst i think lol..)
Justykanna

Nofool wrote:

Summoner's Rift is hella boring imo, trying funny things usually means getting rekt unless the other team really is bad. Mainly playing it for rank or serious games (ive been playing for more than 4 years im not just a 500 wins guy qqing his team sucks lol).

I find ARAMs much more fun, snowball basically allows all melee char to be played with chances of winning. I mean ARAM without snowball was just poke char's kingdom, still enjoyable but made no senses. It also requires a better focus since you are like always teamfighting while you gonna spend most of your time farming/traveling in a rift game zzzzzzz

Well i assume you guys are at least playing games with 4 firends before judging a mode õ_o ? (also wtf last season was one of the worst i think lol..)
I'll stick to what I originally said about the snowball - I want it gone - even though there's zero chance of that happening now that everyone's in love with the thing. I play basically all melee and I still think the snowball's dumb.

Lol, you make that sound like everyone has four friends to always play with. I have one, maybe two on a really good day. Most of my friends have either quit or are too high an elo to play with. You can't always judge a game mode based on having four friends...

For the record, I never said it was the "best" season. I just said it was a "pretty tame" season because I wasn't getting a ton of negative attitude around the games I was in.
Sand_Penguin

Nofool wrote:

You gotta plan your unorthodox strats before running em, I've had fun with JG-Brand, Lux-Top, Lux-AP Btm, CDR-Utility Lux Mid in the past week.
Can't just play anything expecting it to work magically.

Blue Dragon wrote:

I don't get how can anyone dislike ARAM
it's a complete for-fun mode where you can just play anyone and not give a fuck about winning or losing, it's not like it's a competitive mode
it only becomes slightly frustrating when your team consists of 5 melees and enemy team is Katarina / Veigar / Ezreal / Nidalee / Sivir
You just described what I don't like about ARAM.
It's so boring, the strategies are stale and winning/losing doesn't feel like much.

My schedule only allows ~3 hrs of free time a day, might as well be playing a SR game so I don't get too rusty.
Kyonko Hizara

Nofool wrote:

Either go play with a group of friends that won't flame you for trying something different or use a custom match to figure out what you want to try
EneT
AP Alistar top with spellthiefs is my new pre-patch poppy replacement.
Nofool

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Either go play with a group of friends that won't flame you for trying something different or use a custom match to figure out what you want to try
damn i thought my post was obvious... i never play a game without at least 4 friends lol
I sometimes play random char at random lanes but im not really trying to win when i do. Sometimes it works but well as i said, the enemy team is bad or is trolling more than us. You guys can keep believing funny stuff works in rift, once you play against smart guys that pick the current op char, you'll just lose without being able do to anything.

Sand_Penguin wrote:

You gotta plan your unorthodox strats before running em, I've had fun with JG-Brand, Lux-Top, Lux-AP Btm, CDR-Utility Lux Mid in the past week.
Can't just play anything expecting it to work magically.
You are lucky enough to not play against the op chars then => change after each update tho. Well acually it doesn't matter that much if you are not playing at least diamond levelgames maybe idk. (well your picks are nothing really crazy tho lol)
Kyonko Hizara
I play team builder mostly so I know where everyone is going, aside from the occasional mid/top lane swap. Today I was proven wrong when the AP Ezreal mid insisted on switching with the Jinx just to get a mirror match.

EneT wrote:

One of my friends does the same thing and has too good of a winrate with it
EneT
I joined that grill-oriented forum that was posted and linked on the sub-reddit.
OsuMe65

>GP
>ADR
wat
Navizel
and a support Leona with tp

okay
EneT
Must be the meta in Philippines. This is why mineski was such a joke of a team. The fact that 5 people built shiv in that team at patch 5.24 is already something to make heads tilt. Shiv is utter shit.

and no one even changed to the over-powered blue trinkets, let alone a red trinket...
Sand_Penguin

EneT wrote:

Must be the meta in Philippines. This is why mineski was such a joke of a team. The fact that 5 people built shiv in that team at patch 5.24 is already something to make heads tilt. Shiv is utter shit.

and no one even changed to the over-powered blue trinkets, let alone a red trinket...
Take it easy, it's at the +20 wins/52%WR range, that's pretty much silver.
Then again, I play on SEA and it's pretty much the same, even at high elo. :(

How I wish I had semi-decent ping on NA, trying to reach diamond is a dream on 250 ping.
Ochinchi-sama
After 2 years, including a few months of inactivity, I finally stopped being shit after purchasing the academy ahri skin.
OsuMe65

Navizel wrote:

okay
Better than Ignite-Heal :p
Renevant
should have a flash in there somewhere, preferable on d for dlash
Navizel

OsuMe65 wrote:

Navizel wrote:

okay
Better than Ignite-Heal :p
eh, I'd rather have flash + ignite/exhaust on a support.
EneT
Especially for that enemy team comp; exhaust was heavily needed.

I'm still wrapping my head around why the people in that game are building shiv. Probably looked up some builds in the internet and came across some season 3/4 builds.
Mismagius

EneT wrote:

What's the build / runes for that? I'd like to try it out in BR low elo
EneT
Uno momento, let me quickly log in to see.
EneT
For runes, you go:
Full AD marks
Full Health per level seals
Full flat CDR glyphs
2 AD quints
1 Armor quint

Build path:
Start with the standard spell-spamming support/midlane items; Spellthiefs and 2 pots > buy the components of spellthief's whenever you can > Whenever you can't upgrade it, buy a doran's ring > Keep stacking doran's ring until you're hella fed/ahead (Preferably 3) > Fully upgrade Spellthief's into spooky ghosts > Get CDR boots > Get luden's Echo > By this time, the game should already be GG, but if not > Zhonya's Hourglass > Abyssal > You should never be 6 item Ali; if the game hasn't ended by then, then you haven't wrecked hard enough and you're fucked.

When it comes to Zhonya's and abyssal, you can change the order you buy them whenever you want. But Doran's ring stacking is ESSENTIAL, and of course Luden's echo is essential since your wave clear is shit. The reason you go AD runes is because you can't rely on just your W and Q for damage in the laning phase since the scalings on them aren't really that good. The hidden OP in Alistar is actually his passive; that's where a lot of his damage mysteriously comes from.

Now the reason why you stack doran's is obvious; that's what you do for every cheesy champ to get ahead. With Spellthief's and 3 Doran's ring you get a good amount of AP and so much mana regen that you can spam E for days in lane, and the more you can spam E the better, because you activate your passive from it.

Once you have spooky ghosts, 3 doran's ring and as long as you're ahead and making smart TP's, you should be exploding people with the W Q combo.
Justykanna
Anyone provide help with Gangplank? Been having extreme issues with him since his rework (yes, it's been that long).

Currently going back and forth between 18/12/0 and 12/18/0 masteries (I can't seem to find one that works better than the other). Using AD, MR and Armor runes.
One thing that I'm extremely stuck on is his starting build path. Tried all of: Doran's, Long Sword/Potions, Corrupting Potion. Then Trinity, Merc Treads, Statikk, Spirit Visage/Armor item.
EneT
Yeah, I play GP quite a lot.

For runes I go AD marks, Health per level seals, MR glyphs and AD quints. This can change depending on the lane match-up but for the most part I just go that.
Masteries I mostly go 12/0/18:
This is just to help you out in lane since laning phase is the only part of the game a GP should have trouble with. Grasp of the undying is the strongest keystone in-lane; it won't scale with GP but GP doesn't really need any scaling at all... Thunderlords won't benefit him and Deathfire Touch is too lategame to even be viable; all the other keystones are shit.
Don't bother CSing with your Q early game; there's no point and it's a really slow way of farming up for your ult upgrades, especially since the nerf where you don't get your mana back from killing things with your Q. Instead harass with your Q whenever grasp of the undying is up. Once you have trinity force and a BF sword, barrel Q should be able to clear minion waves, so that's the point where you start farming for your ult upgrades.

Build path: Start with corrupting potion (try to harass as much as possible with Q while you're drinking the potion) > If you have enough money for a sheen then buy a sheen, if not, buy components of phage > complete trinity force > BF sword > CDR boots > either turn that BF sword into an Infinity edge or an Essence Reaver (Either way, you're getting both IE and Essence Reaver but the order you buy them depends on the situation) > everything after this point is situational; I never buy any defensive items on GP unless it's Mercurial and majority of the time I seem to find myself buying a phantom dancer just for the extra crit. Lord Dominik's regard is also good since you shouldn't really be buying health on GP anyways, so the multiplier onto your damage is really nice.

Never. NEVER... buy stattik shiv. On ANYONE. It's shit, except for maybe Yasuo.
Justykanna

EneT wrote:

Yeah, I play GP quite a lot.

For runes I go AD marks, Health per level seals, MR glyphs and AD quints. This can change depending on the lane match-up but for the most part I just go that.
Masteries I mostly go 12/0/18:
This is just to help you out in lane since laning phase is the only part of the game a GP should have trouble with. Grasp of the undying is the strongest keystone in-lane; it won't scale with GP but GP doesn't really need any scaling at all... Thunderlords won't benefit him and Deathfire Touch is too lategame to even be viable; all the other keystones are shit.
Don't bother CSing with your Q early game; there's no point and it's a really slow way of farming up for your ult upgrades, especially since the nerf where you don't get your mana back from killing things with your Q. Instead harass with your Q whenever grasp of the undying is up. Once you have trinity force and a BF sword, barrel Q should be able to clear minion waves, so that's the point where you start farming for your ult upgrades.

Build path: Start with corrupting potion (try to harass as much as possible with Q while you're drinking the potion) > If you have enough money for a sheen then buy a sheen, if not, buy components of phage > complete trinity force > BF sword > CDR boots > either turn that BF sword into an Infinity edge or an Essence Reaver (Either way, you're getting both IE and Essence Reaver but the order you buy them depends on the situation) > everything after this point is situational; I never buy any defensive items on GP unless it's Mercurial and majority of the time I seem to find myself buying a phantom dancer just for the extra crit. Lord Dominik's regard is also good since you shouldn't really be buying health on GP anyways, so the multiplier onto your damage is really nice.

Never. NEVER... buy stattik shiv. On ANYONE. It's shit, except for maybe Yasuo.
He's been my main since season 3 and I just haven't had any good games since his rework. It makes me pretty sad. =(

Laning phase is the part I do tend to struggle with yeah. Which would explain never winning lane with him. xD
Yeah, both Thunderlord's and Deathfire have felt very ineffective for me. Didn't think to try the Resolve tree, lol.
I use it to CS the ranged minions if I can't get to them (ie: If I'm facing a lane opponent I can't really win a trade with). Ever since the nerf to the Parrrley, I haven't used it to farm if I can get away with it. Especially because mana potions don't exist anymore.

Is it really okay to be building no defense on him though? I'm just worried I'll be too squishy to do much of anything once a teamfight starts.

What Cannon Barrage upgrades do you go? Fire at Will > Death's Daughter > Raise Morrale?
EneT
In teamfights, GP isn't the kind of top laner that rushes in melee. He plays a lot like a mid laner, dealing massive damage with his barrels; once you get someone low, that's when you go in, so you don't need defensive items at all. His Biscuits also act like QSS so it's quite easy to stay alive with him. For the upgrades, I never really bother remembering their names... I go for the true damage one first, then the one that increases the number waves then finally the one that increases movespeed.

GP is a lot more skill-oriented since his re-work. He depends a lot on landing those barrels. It gets quite easy once you get used to him

Also, you get mad movement speed from exploding barrels.
Justykanna

EneT wrote:

In teamfights, GP isn't the kind of top laner that rushes in melee. He plays a lot like a mid laner, dealing massive damage with his barrels; once you get someone low, that's when you go in, so you don't need defensive items at all. His Biscuits also act like QSS so it's quite easy to stay alive with him. For the upgrades, I never really bother remembering their names... I go for the true damage one first, then the one that increases the number waves then finally the one that increases movespeed.

GP is a lot more skill-oriented since his re-work. He depends a lot on landing those barrels. It gets quite easy once you get used to him.
LOL, I'm a nerd and memorize skills/spells/items by name.
Yeah he is. Which is likely why I'm struggling with him since the rework.

Alright. Thanks for your help! =D
Neku Okazaki
Hello, im new on NA and want some help to get the lvl 30, someone want to play whit me?
EneT
As an ADC main consistently bordering Diamond 1 and Master tier. Here is my Christmas gift to all the other ADC mains out there. Here are my notes that I constantly update as I play, smurf and analyse the games that I experience. These notes are constantly changing with patches and everything is of my opinion.

ztrot
I'm pure hot garbage how 2 get guud
OzzyOzrock

ztrot wrote:

Play more 8-)

A lot of getting better relies on learning from pros... like me... so make sure to buy an Ohmwrecker as your first item!
EneT
Be cocky but don't be complacent. That's how I got guud.
Kyonko Hizara

ztrot wrote:

stop letting fuckbois play on your account and maybe you wouldn't be down 100 matches :^)
Renevant

EneT wrote:

As an ADC main consistently bordering Diamond 1 and Master tier. Here is my Christmas gift to all the other ADC mains out there. Here are my notes that I constantly update as I play, smurf and analyse the games that I experience. These notes are constantly changing with patches and everything is of my opinion.

Thanks. Not an adc main myself, but this was helpful.
show more