forum

League of Legends

posted
Total Posts
show more
EneT
A Yi can't carry a game by himself with a team that's all negative and far behind. A Mundo can, and it won't matter how fed you are.
Kyonko Hizara
If your Mundo is at least somewhat competent then you win

He just needs to know how to throw Q's and absorb damage
EneT
All of the OP champs of 5.23 have now been nerfed, aka: Brand, Soraka, Mundo, Quinn, Miss Fortune and Kindred. So patch 5.24 isn't a surprise. They're not big nerfs, but it's not like they would want to nerf them to the point of being un-viable like they have done many times in the past.

Anyways, Riot seems to not have noticed the spell thief's edge start that spammable mid laners have been doing up in Diamond+. I thought they would of and done something about it in 5.24.
Justykanna

EneT wrote:

All of the OP champs of 5.23 have now been nerfed, aka: Brand, Soraka, Mundo, Quinn, Miss Fortune and Kindred. So patch 5.24 isn't a surprise. They're not big nerfs, but it's not like they would want to nerf them to the point of being un-viable like they have done many times in the past.
Dr. Mundo was just going to happen. He should be a supertank AND have that much damage. =s
I'm actually a little surprised how much these immobile champions have been thriving lately when so many updated/new champions have mobility in their kits. The juggernauts last patch, plus Brand, Soraka and Dr. Mundo which you just mentioned.
PyaKura
New Poppy is a lot of fun ! No big complains here, except maybe the fact that her damage output is pretty consistent throughout the whole game, but slightly too strong early on (there's an issue when you can bully stuff like Darius out of lane pre-6, and even after 6 you can safely disengage with your ult or outslow him while dealing out 6% or 12% max health and there's nothing he can do with your shield. I wouldn't mind seeing her Q base damage nerfed for the first few ranks.
EneT
Play her jungle.
Hika
Gonna read patch and kill myself :)
Kyonko Hizara

Hika wrote:

When the Gnar ruins all your Lux ults :^)
Hika
Fuck that Gnar :^)
We lost the game because of that. Stupid idiot knocked them from my q e r combo.
I never felt so mad in my life :^)
Sand_Penguin

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Hika wrote:

When the Gnar ruins all your Lux ults :^)
My friends and I used to run a team comp revolving around Jayce/Lux poke + Zac engage, Zac'd always mess my spells up.
:(

On the bright side, if Gnar gets a good wall slam, you'd probably win the teamfight if you hit your spells. (QER with thunderlord deals 3.5k AoE damage on full build)
Cloudchaser
When you're too stronk but your team doesn't help at all

;;
Kyonko Hizara

Sand_Penguin wrote:

On the bright side, if Gnar gets a good wall slam, you'd probably win the teamfight if you hit your spells. (QER with thunderlord deals 3.5k AoE damage on full build)
Not when Gnar decides to slam the whole enemy team who the fuck knows where, which was basically what happened every time. Even if they were up against the wall nope he was going to slam them away from the wall.
Halfdays
Anybody planning on taking advantage of the legacy skins that will be marked down during the event?
Mismagius

That soundtrack though
Kyonko Hizara

Halfdays wrote:

Anybody planning on taking advantage of the legacy skins that will be marked down during the event?
The only one I have bothered to get is Gnar. I don't really care for Bard and I don't like Syndra's that much.
Witch Mercy
When is riot gonna make a new game mode mang :V
Poro king is lame af.
Justykanna

Graciee wrote:

When is riot gonna make a new game mode mang :V
Poro king is lame af.
I really dunno why people like these random game modes that Riot keeps coming up with...
With the stupid poro king thing, it wasn't a good idea to take the snowball and throw it into regular ARAM. It's such a dumb spell.
Tenshi
I like Poro King. :c

'Course, I play ARAM mostly, so that might have something to do with it. I wish there were icons to get from playing it since I'm on a 10-win streak somehow.
Nofool
lmao that tandem game at all-star event
Clear Love/Rookie = Cookie seems leggit
that guy knew
- M o s h i -

Justykanna wrote:

I really dunno why people like these random game modes that Riot keeps coming up with...
With the stupid poro king thing, it wasn't a good idea to take the snowball and throw it into regular ARAM. It's such a dumb spell.

Thanks to the snowball ARAM isn't complete garbage imo, still the worst mode by far.
Renevant
So the go-to mastery is Thunderlords right now. Is it worth going so deep into the cunning tree for it?
Mismagius
I think everyone is going 18/12 at some point
- M o s h i -

Renevant wrote:

So the go-to mastery is Thunderlords right now. Is it worth going so deep into the cunning tree for it?
Yes it's worth it, at the moment the Ferocity tree keystones are so weak :o
EneT
Only good keystone masteries right now are thunderlords and grasp of the undying. Anyways, the cunning tree is a a brilliant tree; the precision mastery outclasses the penetration masteries in ferocity.
Justykanna

- M o s h i - wrote:

Thanks to the snowball ARAM isn't complete garbage imo, still the worst mode by far.
I use ARAM if I just wanna play around - it's super casual.
I honestly think the snowball made it far less fun. You spend the entire time trying to dodge these snowballs that are flying at you and inflict true damage. I'm glad they increased the CD and lowered the damage but they're incredibly annoying to play against. Not only that, but I have a hard time seeing them because it's white on lightblue (I know, I'm the only one in the world who complains about not seeing em, but it's hard to watch everything that's going on as well as this tiny white thing). As someone who plays mostly melee champions, saying I dislike them means something imo.
Hika
idk I still find the occasional annoying self entitled idiot on ARAM
Justykanna

Hika wrote:

idk I still find the occasional annoying self entitled idiot on ARAM
So, no different than on Summoner's Rift? xD
Mismagius
I don't get how can anyone dislike ARAM
it's a complete for-fun mode where you can just play anyone and not give a fuck about winning or losing, it's not like it's a competitive mode
it only becomes slightly frustrating when your team consists of 5 melees and enemy team is Katarina / Veigar / Ezreal / Nidalee / Sivir
Hika
I'm fine with rift actually.
I was fine with it this ranked season, although I gave up half way through it :p
Nicest season I've played. And I've been playing a little too long.
Justykanna

Hika wrote:

I'm fine with rift actually.
I was fine with it this ranked season, although I gave up half way through it :p
Nicest season I've played. And I've been playing a little too long.
Fair enough. I've personally seen more morons in Summoner's Rift than Howling Abyss but there's always gonna be some around, either way.

I've had a lot of people rage at how I don't use Teleport in Summoner's Rift but outside of that, I'd say this season was pretty tame vs Seasons 3 and 4. So I guess not complaints from me either!
Nofool
Summoner's Rift is hella boring imo, trying funny things usually means getting rekt unless the other team really is bad. Mainly playing it for rank or serious games (ive been playing for more than 4 years im not just a 500 wins guy qqing his team sucks lol).

I find ARAMs much more fun, snowball basically allows all melee char to be played with chances of winning. I mean ARAM without snowball was just poke char's kingdom, still enjoyable but made no senses. It also requires a better focus since you are like always teamfighting while you gonna spend most of your time farming/traveling in a rift game zzzzzzz

Well i assume you guys are at least playing games with 4 firends before judging a mode õ_o ? (also wtf last season was one of the worst i think lol..)
Justykanna

Nofool wrote:

Summoner's Rift is hella boring imo, trying funny things usually means getting rekt unless the other team really is bad. Mainly playing it for rank or serious games (ive been playing for more than 4 years im not just a 500 wins guy qqing his team sucks lol).

I find ARAMs much more fun, snowball basically allows all melee char to be played with chances of winning. I mean ARAM without snowball was just poke char's kingdom, still enjoyable but made no senses. It also requires a better focus since you are like always teamfighting while you gonna spend most of your time farming/traveling in a rift game zzzzzzz

Well i assume you guys are at least playing games with 4 firends before judging a mode õ_o ? (also wtf last season was one of the worst i think lol..)
I'll stick to what I originally said about the snowball - I want it gone - even though there's zero chance of that happening now that everyone's in love with the thing. I play basically all melee and I still think the snowball's dumb.

Lol, you make that sound like everyone has four friends to always play with. I have one, maybe two on a really good day. Most of my friends have either quit or are too high an elo to play with. You can't always judge a game mode based on having four friends...

For the record, I never said it was the "best" season. I just said it was a "pretty tame" season because I wasn't getting a ton of negative attitude around the games I was in.
Sand_Penguin

Nofool wrote:

You gotta plan your unorthodox strats before running em, I've had fun with JG-Brand, Lux-Top, Lux-AP Btm, CDR-Utility Lux Mid in the past week.
Can't just play anything expecting it to work magically.

Blue Dragon wrote:

I don't get how can anyone dislike ARAM
it's a complete for-fun mode where you can just play anyone and not give a fuck about winning or losing, it's not like it's a competitive mode
it only becomes slightly frustrating when your team consists of 5 melees and enemy team is Katarina / Veigar / Ezreal / Nidalee / Sivir
You just described what I don't like about ARAM.
It's so boring, the strategies are stale and winning/losing doesn't feel like much.

My schedule only allows ~3 hrs of free time a day, might as well be playing a SR game so I don't get too rusty.
Kyonko Hizara

Nofool wrote:

Either go play with a group of friends that won't flame you for trying something different or use a custom match to figure out what you want to try
EneT
AP Alistar top with spellthiefs is my new pre-patch poppy replacement.
Nofool

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Either go play with a group of friends that won't flame you for trying something different or use a custom match to figure out what you want to try
damn i thought my post was obvious... i never play a game without at least 4 friends lol
I sometimes play random char at random lanes but im not really trying to win when i do. Sometimes it works but well as i said, the enemy team is bad or is trolling more than us. You guys can keep believing funny stuff works in rift, once you play against smart guys that pick the current op char, you'll just lose without being able do to anything.

Sand_Penguin wrote:

You gotta plan your unorthodox strats before running em, I've had fun with JG-Brand, Lux-Top, Lux-AP Btm, CDR-Utility Lux Mid in the past week.
Can't just play anything expecting it to work magically.
You are lucky enough to not play against the op chars then => change after each update tho. Well acually it doesn't matter that much if you are not playing at least diamond levelgames maybe idk. (well your picks are nothing really crazy tho lol)
Kyonko Hizara
I play team builder mostly so I know where everyone is going, aside from the occasional mid/top lane swap. Today I was proven wrong when the AP Ezreal mid insisted on switching with the Jinx just to get a mirror match.

EneT wrote:

AP Alistar top with spellthiefs is my new pre-patch poppy replacement.
One of my friends does the same thing and has too good of a winrate with it
EneT
I joined that grill-oriented forum that was posted and linked on the sub-reddit.
OsuMe65

>GP
>ADR
wat
Navizel
and a support Leona with tp

okay
show more