forum

League of Legends

posted
Total Posts
show more
Aurani
Lel

On the other hand, the last game I played yesterday was with a Blitz who miraculously not only failed to hook each and every one of his victims, but also somehow missed a guy RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM. He missed a guy who was around the same distance as Riven's AA when she has her ult active. It was so absurd that I had to report him for being unskilled, and I haven't reported someone for that since season 2. lol
Aomi

EneT wrote:

Most of the "friends" I got from league were people I played with when I was still learning the game in season 1. Majority don't even play the game anymore and the ones that were left, I removed them from my friends list because I saw no point in having them. I only really play with IRL friends.
EneT

Aomi wrote:

EneT wrote:

Most of the "friends" I got from league were people I played with when I was still learning the game in season 1. Majority don't even play the game anymore and the ones that were left, I removed them from my friends list because I saw no point in having them. I only really play with IRL friends.
But I play with you. :p
Renevant

Aurani wrote:

Then why do people have a problem with someone going AP Leona on the S-Rift? ARAM is all for shits and giggles just because people have branded it that way. Nowhere is it stated that you're supposed to troll around on it. Therefore, going by your one-sided logic, you should have no problems with me going AP Graves on Normals, no?

People can be such hypocrites at times.
Gold generation is a lot higher in Aram than in SR. So anyone can practically do as well as anyone else just from that generation and some kills.

Aram is RNG to begin with , you can lose the game in champ select. You get to choose your champion in SR. If I get Evelyn against a zigs xerath, I'll probably build something stupid like AD eve for the hell of it. I might actually do pretty well because of the gold gen. You would just get shit on in SR if you tried the same thing.
Kibbleru

Renevant wrote:

Aurani wrote:

Then why do people have a problem with someone going AP Leona on the S-Rift? ARAM is all for shits and giggles just because people have branded it that way. Nowhere is it stated that you're supposed to troll around on it. Therefore, going by your one-sided logic, you should have no problems with me going AP Graves on Normals, no?

Gold generation is a lot higher in Aram than in SR. So anyone can practically do as well as anyone else just from that generation and some kills.

Aram is RNG to begin with , you can lose the game in champ select. You get to choose your champion in SR. If I get Evelyn against a zigs xerath, I'll probably build something stupid like AD eve for the hell of it. I might actually do pretty well because of the gold gen. You would just get shit on in SR if you tried the same thing.

Renevant wrote:

Aurani wrote:

ad eve is good though
Renevant
Attack speed eve then? It doesn't really make a difference what you build.
Aurani
Or you will actually figure out that on ARAM, Eve is so vulnerable to poke that you have to go complete off-tank with her. If you're facing a Ziggs and Xer, you'd kind of be retarded not to buy a shitton of MR.

Every team comp can win. It's like saying "You can lose on champ select on S-Rift".... yes, you can, but only due to your skill, not because the enemy team is OP and you aren't. Those are excuses for 5-year olds. On ARAM, poke comps are extremely good because nobody gives a rat's ass about waiting it out - no one has patience, so of course you'll rush full AP Mumu against Sona, Soraka, Varus, Ziggs and Cait, and then wonder "why did we not surrender, this is lost from the start!" - well of course it is when you have no idea how to deal with a poke comp.
Every team composition has its weakness, and unless you nullify their strength by covering up your weakness, you are going to lose, son, no matter if it's ARAM or S-Rift.

Also, gold income in ARAM is helping you AGAINST teams with the likes of Ziggs, Varus and Xerath, simply because they fall off tremendously after mid-game, whilst you (a tanky melee fighter) only grow stronger with each item. You can kill a Garen when he's level 5 and has 1 item pretty easily with any champion, but try doing the same with a mage after he hits 18 and has a full build with a metric shitton of MR. He's still going to deal damage - even Eve will, but once mages/poky utility champs do all their burst, what then?

Simply put, no champion is ever OP in any gamemode, as it's just a matter of which one is easier to play. Every single one of them can be countered by ANY champion if played properly, but people often seek excuses to cover up their own inability to deal with the situation at hand.

The reason I started playing ARAM was exactly because I wanted to get away from the S-Rift and all those who'd report you 55 times because you feel like playing adc Sona or AP Pantheon. Ironically, after spending over 2k games on it, I've become insensitive towards people who seem to have fun at the expense of other people's time. If you know that fucking AP Wu is going to go shit (and you know it damn well), then why aren't you at least playing like you have a damn brain, instead of feeding 0-92 and then going afk after 10 minutes. Play AP Wu all you want, but at least do so without damn intentional feeding and ruining other people's games. ARAM is for fun, not for "ye haha here I can feed all I want bcuz no rules apply here hihi".
Renevant
I don't want to build off tank eve though. Aram is for fun, right?
I'm not build gonna something if I find it boring. I'm certainly not going to intentionally feed like walking under tower and standing still, but I might die a bit more from their poke comp. That's where lines might cross between what people would consider "intentional feeding" and just playing a little differently because of my build. Especially things concerning the snowball. If I snowball someone super low under tower, no way in hell am I not gonna dash for the kill, doesn't matter who I'm playing.

And it doesn't matter what you say, there are unwinnable Arams whether you choose to accept it or not. You'll win later cause they fall off? Oh that's cool, will the game even last until then? No, probably not.
Aurani
Well the discussion was about how you shouldn't give them retarded kills, like going 1v5 as you know you'll die. Sure, take risk and die more often, that's what ARAM is for, but it's not for feeding for fun, right?
Renevant
Ofc not, that's not acceptable In any gamemode.
Aurani
There we go, we've finally reached common ground. That was my goal all along - to answer on your "ew, hope you aren't serious" line. I love winning and I do like to put some effort into the match to do what makes me have fun - win, but I also do crazy shit like trading 1 for 1 because I wanted to kill that fucking annoying Teemo, from time to time. Just no feeding, feeding is bad.
Renevant
Ah, ok. Yah, i act the same in Arams.
The way i read your original post was as someone who gets salty from other people having questionable builds. I seem to get a lot of those people in my ARAMs unfortunately.
Aurani
Nay nay, like I said - you can go AP Wu for all I care, really, as long as you want to win (doesn't matter if you lose) whilst also having fun. Going 0-25 with 3k damage done at the end of the match means that you're either extremely bad at the game and need to play versus bots, or you just felt like feeding and not genuinely having fun.

It's a shame you're in the US. I'd love to see your questionable builds. lol
EneT
I retract that statement that I said of only really playing with IRL firends. I just remembered that me and my friends always play with this one german guy who's 28 years old. Kind of treat him like a normal friend so I forgot he was a random person that we met through playing.
Aurani
And what about your lover Aomi? Don't break her heart. :p

I'd play with you, but yer a faggit.
Renevant

Aurani wrote:

Nay nay, like I said - you can go AP Wu for all I care, really, as long as you want to win (doesn't matter if you lose) whilst also having fun. Going 0-25 with 3k damage done at the end of the match means that you're either extremely bad at the game and need to play versus bots, or you just felt like feeding and not genuinely having fun.

It's a shame you're in the US. I'd love to see your questionable builds. lol
Have you seen how funny AS brand looks on zombie brand? I love watching it in game.

Shoe shop mundo is also a notable one, because the build is so damn stupid, but does so much damage.
EneT

Aurani wrote:

Huh?
Aurani
Jesus Christ the animation can't handle it, lel.
R.I.P. season 2 S-Rift. ;_;
Aomi

EneT wrote:

Aurani wrote:

Huh?
I don't know-
Aurani
Jesus Christ, I just met a guy with over 4k wins on aram. He certainly adores the gamemode.
Cyclohexane
I play ARAM solely for the random champion factor -- if the same thing existed for SR I would play that too. It prevents people from tryharding because the comps are random. Ever notice how every other mode than ARAM is prone to tryharding which results in seeing the same shit every game? Even the weird stuff Riot adds every so often, take Ultra Rapid Fire -- that's the most tryhard bullshit I've ever seen. Sona, Soraka, AD Malz, Ezreal, every game. Literally every game. What's the point? If I wanna tryhard and play meta I'll play draft SR or ranked. If I want to have completely mindless fun, not caring what I end up having to play or what our team comp will be, I'll play ARAM. Fuck the meta.
Aurani
Everything would be good if only ARAM was really random. It's pseudo-random, mate. 20% of the champions appear 80% of the time, meaning that team comps are usually quite predictable. I have maybe played, 5 games out of my 1700 where the enemy team didn't have champions like LB, Varus, Ashe, Sona, Soraka, Xer, Ziggs etc. etc. but shit like Trundle, Morde, Nocturne, Zac and others.

They also seem to boost the probability of you getting a certain champion if it was just released, reworked or is otherwise notable that week. I don't know, but ARAM isn't really random, lol.
ShrimpsNChips
ARAM is quite fun, but not to people who's looking for risks and an entertaining approach. I mean, ARAM is solely for fun
Kyonko Hizara
I find it hard to enjoy ARAM since the most toxic people I have encountered have been in ARAM.
Cyclohexane
Love is almost always being a cunt in all chat during ARAMs so people are barely ever toxic towards me cause he takes all the aggro
Sync

Mr Color wrote:

Love is almost always being a cunt in all chat during ARAMs so people are barely ever toxic towards me cause he takes all the aggro
so true
Kyonko Hizara
Do people that play ARAM a lot play it competitively? I know that's stupid to ask but I am not an ARAM person so I am curious.
A Medic

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Do people that play ARAM a lot play it competitively? I know that's stupid to ask but I am not an ARAM person so I am curious.
Competitively like they want/try to win or competitively like 5v5 custom game teams that specialize in arams?
_Kisume

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

im fairly sure you'll find "competitive" people even in dominion or 3v3

im not sure how one could enjoy that though. arams are boring as fuck and i'd never play them outside of queuing up with friend(s)
Witch Mercy
Aram is frustrating as hale when it's decided at champ select who wins doe
Like what to do when your whole team is melee and they're all poke rip
Aurani

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Depends on the context of the word "competitive" here. If you mean if they just like to tryhard, yes. Almost every person above 800 wins that I have met tryhards, and I'm no exception. If I see a good opportunity to flash in and ult 5 people, I'm damn well going to do it. If you meant to ask if those same people are toxic, then I'd say about 50/50. I personally don't give a crap if you go 0-11, as long as you at least try to win the game - not everyone can be good at it, after all.

If you meant competitive as in tournaments and stuff, then no. ARAM needs a big rework in certain aspects before you can play it on that kind of level. The randomness is actually not random, but more like pseudo-random and the towers need to be strengthened quite a bit, at least those outer ones. They fall way too easily for an aram match.
neonat
I pretty much only play ARAM now, makes it easier for me to play when it doesn't matter what I get because I didn't choose it. Whether or not you're at a disadvantage in terms of composition, just take it as a challenge. Shit like Trundle? Well just played a game and he helped us win ours lol.
Hika
lmao purposely tried to avoid staring at worlds for a couple days and notices that shit is going downhill????
nice!!!!
Kyonko Hizara

Aurani wrote:

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Depends on the context of the word "competitive" here. If you mean if they just like to tryhard, yes. Almost every person above 800 wins that I have met tryhards, and I'm no exception. If I see a good opportunity to flash in and ult 5 people, I'm damn well going to do it. If you meant to ask if those same people are toxic, then I'd say about 50/50. I personally don't give a crap if you go 0-11, as long as you at least try to win the game - not everyone can be good at it, after all.

If you meant competitive as in tournaments and stuff, then no. ARAM needs a big rework in certain aspects before you can play it on that kind of level. The randomness is actually not random, but more like pseudo-random and the towers need to be strengthened quite a bit, at least those outer ones. They fall way too easily for an aram match.
I should have clarified that I meant tryharding and tournaments, but thank you for giving me both.

I assume once someone had the upper hundreds or even a thousand plays that it isn't that hard for them to play any champion they are given, even if it someone they aren't used to playing.
Aurani
Hey, I still can't play Yasuo for shit. :p
I'm so darn unlucky when I play him.... it's either I get teams with no knockups, or the other team is made up of 100% hard CC champs with ultra poke. Yeah, gg.

On a "brighter" note, Kindred is dastardly OP on aram. Her heal needs to get nerfed, seriously. From 100 HP to full (1200) in not even a minute.... that's not alright at all, considering it's early game.
Jazz
Kindred is already here but where the fuck is Ao Shin
Kyonko Hizara

Jazz wrote:

Kindred is already here but where the fuck is Ao Shin
Hasn't riot been promising the dragon man for a while?
OzzyOzrock
They said early 2016 but I doubt it. Too much to live up to.
OsuMe65

huehuehue

need to train more to go for the Solo Baron Build
OzzyOzrock

I am the 1%
show more