forum

League of Legends

posted
Total Posts
show more
OzzyOzrock
I like how apparently there are still people that have done better as AD Annie, seeing no S+.
Hika
I am so scared to touch this game after so long.

new shit I should really be worried about?
EneT
Spooky skeletons; once every 10 mins spooky skeletons spawn from the cracks around Baron pit and if you get caught they reduce your current health to half and apply a 70% slow. It's really bad when you're laning and you just get caught by a spooky skeleton; it just completely changes the lane around and can lead you to losing against the lane opponent and giving away a kill.
Mismagius

EneT wrote:

Spooky skeletons; once every 10 mins spooky skeletons spawn from the cracks around Baron pit and if you get caught they reduce your current health to half and apply a 70% slow. It's really bad when you're laning and you just get caught by a spooky skeleton; it just completely changes the lane around and can lead you to losing against the lane opponent and giving away a kill.
Spooky Skeleton as the new champ confirmed??? rito plz
EneT
No, Hika asked if there's anything new that she should be scared of so I'm answering her. It's one of the new features that was introduced at the end of season 4. They disguise themselves as this little critter at first but once in a blue moon with a percentage chance of 0.05% per game, they show their true appearance as spooky skeletons much too spooky to be displayed in google images.

They chase you around and once they catch you, a circle appears below you like this. Everyone caught in the circle gets the debuff called the skeleton curse, applying the reduction in life and the slow. The tooltip if you hover over the debuff says, "There's a spooky skeleton inside of you!!!". Game-turning new feature that has really spiced the game up and made it much more fast-paced and action-packed. Just look out for this Hika.
Dainesl
Also note that if your current health is below half you just outright die, really emphasises the pressure of these guys when in lane :P
Hika
im scared of skeletons omfg thx enet!!!!!!
Aurani
Diamond/Master today is way different than it was in the second season... back then, Diamonds played around the same (mechanically) as low Diamonds or even Plat today.... I realized that I no longer belong there, which is sad...
I wish I could bring back the time when people were still learning the game and played it for fun.
Mismagius

Aurani wrote:

I wish I could bring back the time when people were still learning the game and played it for fun.
offtopic, but I can say the same for osu! :p
Aoriki
With all the new stuff they added -This is what I get for not playing since Rapid Fire ended.- everything is still new to me. New grade system too, wdf? What else am I missing?
EneT
^ Just read everything I posted about the spooky skeletons; that's enough to keep you up to date.
Kyonko Hizara
I started playing about a month and a half ago thinking it would be something I could play casually, but then for the past 2 weeks I've been finding myself playing for around 5+ hours a day. Around November last year I started getting interested in it (actually I had first heard about it in the beginning of 2011 and didn't care about it for a long time), but wouldn't play for the fear that I would already be too far behind from everyone else to ever get in. When I became interested I did research a decent amount into it so I wasn't going in completely retarded.

Even playing games with people that aren't ranked or max level some of the matches I've been in my teams have been so cutthroat.
Witch Mercy

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Even playing games with people that aren't ranked or max level some of the matches I've been in my teams have been so cutthroat.

Sad, but true.
I've been playing on a smurf the past few months with my friends that are newer to league and to see the toxicity being so high among newer players just makes me cringe.
Kyonko Hizara

Graciee wrote:

Sad, but true.
I've been playing on a smurf the past few months with my friends that are newer to league and to see the toxicity being so high among newer players just makes me cringe.
I had heard about it being highly toxic in competitive play (mostly bronze, silver, and gold) but how bad it was in the first month I played was pretty bad. Even in the Co-op vs. AI games, if you aren't good and die to bots or don't know who goes what lane then you just get ripped the fuck apart.

In a match I had yesterday, I was playing Diana jg and bot lane, from the very beginning, kept asking me to camp their lane because they didn't want to be against Sona and Ashe. Playing Diana, and especially me not being amazingly good, I kept saying I was not gonna do a level 2-3 gank for them. Given the team I was on still won, but even into late game the adc and supp would not shut up about me going and ganking for them, or would get pissed off if I didn't want to throw myself into an obviously bad situation.

I got stuck being an adc Poppy because the adc wanted to go top and then they reported me for not cooperating. If it wasn't for the mute button than someone would have prolly been dead.
Stefan
Why would you ever listen to the rant of people in Co-op games? As long you don't act like a douche such as insult back nothing is going to happen. Mute them in the first minute and enjoy the game.
OzzyOzrock
speaking of co-op games once someone called /ff and we all hit yes like the memers we were

all randoms, no pre-mades

5 yes votes at the same time

worth
Kouya-
making the enemy team rage and flame at each other is the key to winning a game quickly .
Aurani
Just point out how many mistakes top did after he feeds you 4 kills and the enemy team will rage at him 450% of the time.
Kyonko Hizara

Kouya- wrote:

making the enemy team rage and flame at each other is the key to winning a game quickly .
Do that and suck 4 dicks at once for double the win chance!
roufou
bonus points if you act like a girl to make your team think you are one, and make them want to impress you
Feast
Or you can just pick Shyvana jungle and enjoy the free win
Kyonko Hizara

Ninth IX wrote:

Or you can just pick Shyvana jungle and enjoy the free win
The match was an hour but still won
Aurani
Shyvana is overrated as fuck.
EneT
Not really, with Sated Devourer all her E auto attacks do 5% maximum health damage and Q does 10%. Sated Devourer, BOTRK and Wits End. That's 140% AS total; Sated Devourer does 120 magic on-hit, Blade does 16% current health on-hit and Wits end does 84 Magic on-hit then you have the percentage damage with her E auto Attacks.. No other Sated Devourer jungler can beat her.
Feast
She also has one of the best jungle clear in the game & can counter jungle very well so devourer is easily stacked
Aurani
She still brings nigh-zero hard cc to the team, so yeah, would be great jungling with her whilst having similar non-cc champs on top/mid.

Damage is not nearly everything, even more so the higher you climb.
EneT
Neither does Nidalee but she was one of, if not the best jungler in a previous patch.
Damage is only one factor that makes Shyv OP right now. Her main Role is tanking and she does it well while dealing massive damage. Not to mention that it's so hard to build against her because her damage is so balanced between magic and physical.
EneT
Oh and also you have to remember that Shyv Q is basically 2 Auto Attacks put into one so 1 Shyv Q will deal 408 magic damage; with around 145 AD it will deal 290 physical damage, 10% Maximum health and 32% Current health. Is 32% Current health damage not OP enough for you?
Aurani
Nida relies HEAVILY on stemrolling opponents, and once she goes ahead, she's unstoppable, however, when behind, she's comparable to cow feces, as she can neither tank, nor deal damage at that point AND has absolutely no cc what-so-ever.

Shyv has less capability at stemrolling, but balances it by being both tanky AND dealing massive damage with the devourer, so those two aren't comparable across the board.

You see, just because you can get ahead easier with her and eat people away whilst still being off-tank, doesn't mean you're unbeatable. She's still incredibly easy to kite and a lack of low-cd gapclosers means that getting locked down equals instant death.

I'm most definitely sure that there will be better junglers as the patches change, and those will certainly not rely on the sheer stupidity of the enemy to win.
EneT

Aurani wrote:

I'm most definitely sure that there will be better junglers as the patches change, and those will certainly not rely on the sheer stupidity of the enemy to win.
We're talking about this patch though. The FOTM changes as the patches change.
Aurani
My point was that she's overrated because people think that just because she's above average now compared to when she was just shit, that she's an instant win and freelo.
Yes, she is way better at clearing and generally being annoying to play against (basically what Nunu used to be), but far from OP as all the fanboys claim her to be.

Damnit now I feel like playing, but I'm not going to be home for the next 2 months..
Justykanna
I'm honestly not a huge fan of Shyvana either because if she's jungling, her clear speeds are great, yeah, but when she comes to a lane, she has almost no CC - which is the part of being a jungler that I feel would be super useful when coming to a lane. Even Nunu can chuck a snowball at you at the slow's pretty significant.
But what do I know, I'm sure most others here are a higher rank than I.
Kyonko Hizara

Justykanna wrote:

I'm honestly not a huge fan of Shyvana either because if she's jungling, her clear speeds are great, yeah, but when she comes to a lane, she has almost no CC - which is the part of being a jungler that I feel would be super useful when coming to a lane. Even Nunu can chuck a snowball at you at the slow's pretty significant.
But what do I know, I'm sure most others here are a higher rank than I.
If the other jg has good CC then if you're playing Shyv you can get fucked so easily. Even with good clear and if Shyv can stay ahead she still can get caught out in larger team fights. Playing her jg I noticed in fights 3v3 or smaller or if the ally team has more players at the area then she can get out decent damage, but even so I feel like it can be odd to get in the fight unless you throw out dragon form.
Falling behind with her too can also get pretty bad. I mean, that's so with anyone, but as her I found myself falling even slightly behind late game was putting me in a much worse position than with some other jg's.

I'm sure someone with more experience than I tho wouldn't have any of these problems ;~;
Mismagius
something I don't like about shyvana jg is that her ult never seems to help the gank and ends up saving the other team >_>
Kyonko Hizara
>Whole team tells Teemo to keep distance from Riven
>Feeds Riven 10 kills
>Single-handed loses my team the game
Mismagius
I'm thinking about creating an account on NA for fun, but not sure if I'll be able to handle the 200+ ping
DahplA

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

>Whole team tells Teemo to keep distance from Riven
>Feeds Riven 10 kills
>Single-handed loses my team the game
Sounds like every one of my games.

"All you had to do was not die". And the guy was playing Tryndamere.
-SayaKai
>my teammate Darius always excited for dr
>my Ashe's ss is always dodge
>ggwp win
EneT

-SayaKai wrote:

>my teammate Darius always excited for dr
>my Ashe's ss is always dodge
>ggwp win
I didn't even understand anything you just said.
Renevant

Blue Dragon wrote:

I'm thinking about creating an account on NA for fun, but not sure if I'll be able to handle the 200+ ping
\o/

Haven't been able to play support much because of the new champ. It's kinda irritating in ranked.
show more