League of Legends

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jazz
A fed Ahri is a happy Ahri

Aurani

EneT wrote:

Toxic people exist in all parts of the globe. Just get friends to play with and the toxicity you experience will be so much less.
Considering I've played for 5 seasons now, excluding a rather long break, I think I have the "toxicity problem" under control even without any friends. Yes, playing with friends is going to yield a much better result and a greatly increased factor of enjoyment, but you can deal with a toxic community even without them - granted, you need nerves of steel for the utter stupidity of most people you encounter.

Also, you've stated that ARAM gradually destroys your skills. I beg to differ - it doesn't completely erase them, it just makes it awkward for you to start at level 1, instead of level 3, and skews your perception of when you should go all-in and when not. Apart from that, it teaches you to pay attention to what your team does at EVERY given moment, how to sustain yourself better (as you don't get to recall in ARAM), and most importantly, it teaches you to not take the game too seriously.
The last one is the reason I play it instead of normals nowadays. I have unimaginably good nerves and I'm a couple of thousand leagues away in terms of optimism than most people, but even that is not enough, as people who take the game like they're going to Auschwitz after each death gradually chop down even the largest oak of optimism and mellowness.
-SayaKai

Jazz wrote:

A fed Ahri is a happy Ahri

dat skype D:
Dainesl
So I was in a premade and then after the game ended:

that does not compute with me D:
EneT
Was it a normal game? Some people have high elo in normal mode; I have a silver smurf with plat/diamond elo in normal.
Dainesl
It was a normal game, yeah. However, it was a premade of 5, so I would've assumed that the enemy would be like, low Plat at the very least, not mid-Gold, certainly not Silver
EneT
Ranked Elo is independant from Normal Elo. You'd be surprised; there a lot of Gold and silver players that are deserving of Diamond and Plat but they just don't play ranked at all, some of my friends are a good example. A friend of mine is Diamond and the other is Silver but I can safely say that my Silver friend is better than my Diamond friend. It just shows that rank in league isn't an accurate portrayal of how good you are; it just shows how much you play the game (ranked). Master and Challenger however, are a different story but even then, the people who rise to the top of the ladders are those who just play the most.
-SayaKai
why katarina is op?
Conor
EneT
^ This. Although The thing about Katarina is, she's one of those champions that stomps on low elo players. You don't have to win lane and it doesn't matter how much CC the enemy has; her clean-up is so good she just has to be in the right place at the right time and BAM she's suddenly fed.
Dainesl
Well, if you have some very hard cc and you support a katarina with a planned gank, you could possibly get her a free triple even if she's something like 2/5/1, which is insane. I've done it before, it's possible if you can execute the cc properly.

Slightly off-topic but relevant, Nidalee seems to be one of those champs who stomps on low Elo players like me; although that's probably 'cause I'm bad :P
Seriously, her spear does like ridiculous amounts of damage from what I see; since I normally play squishy champs as soon as I'm hit with that spear at ANY POINT in the game, it's normally near full range so I lose 20-40% HP.
-SayaKai
D:
EneT

Dainesl wrote:

Slightly off-topic but relevant, Nidalee seems to be one of those champs who stomps on low Elo players like me; although that's probably 'cause I'm bad :P
Seriously, her spear does like ridiculous amounts of damage from what I see; since I normally play squishy champs as soon as I'm hit with that spear at ANY POINT in the game, it's normally near full range so I lose 20-40% HP.
That is probably due to poor positioning and warding; I used to main Nidalee before her rework and it was so easy to take advantage of people due to this. The thing is, in order for a nidalee to take advantage of this she has to put herself in a poor position so as long as warding is done right you can shut her down pretty easily.
Dainesl
Yeah, that sounds about right, thing is though people can't ward or position as well as those in higher levels so she can be extremely annoying if you're unable to shut her down
Renevant

Dainesl wrote:

thing is though people can't ward or position
which is also why akali is an easy pubstomper in low elo. People never think to get a pink.
Dainesl
I don't get that many pinks throughout the game despite maining support. Only like, 2 or 3 most of the time, and nobody else thinks to upgrade their trinket/buy pinks, which, of course, leads to poor vision control and thus lots of deaths that could've been prevented
EneT
Always have a pink in your inventory even if you already have one placed down; also leave one inventory space dedicated for pinks. Don't be afraid to place your pink down wherever. It's a small difference but it's the small differences that make you win the game e.g. Pushing botlane lvl 1 for an earlier lvl 2 can win you the lane is another good example.
DaddyCoolVipper
I've noticed that playing defensively is generally the best way to assassinate people. As Rengar I played a game where I focused exclusively on counterganks and overextended enemies instead of trying to make #bigplays and it got my fed really easily.
Conor
Renevant
ugh, this patch is doing that thing again where the login screen crashes each time you log in.

Had to go searching for my old BAT file that closes everything
Blaziken

World First S+ Morgana
AutoMedic

Dainesl wrote:

Well, if you have some very hard cc and you support a katarina with a planned gank, you could possibly get her a free triple even if she's something like 2/5/1, which is insane. I've done it before, it's possible if you can execute the cc properly.

Nidalee is dumb as shit

Im looking at you jungle nidalees
Aurani

Blaziken wrote:

World First S+ Morgana
What kind of Ashe ends up with a 162 farm at the 42nd minute mark.... what is that, Bronze XXVIII?
Conor
Mismagius

Aurani wrote:

Blaziken wrote:

World First S+ Morgana
What kind of Ashe ends up with a 162 farm at the 42nd minute mark.... what is that, Bronze XXVIII?
Pretty sure she has disconnected. Look at the gold amount and the red name in the top right

Conor wrote:

Aurani wrote:

What kind of match ends up with the enemy Jungler having the most farm in the game? Not even by a small amount, either.

That's their top laner. tp-smite meta, don't forget. Jungler is actually Lee Sin
Conor
OzzyOzrock
top smite is fun

but fucked up
DaddyCoolVipper

:>

20 stacks sword of the occult too!
Jordan

That was just brutal

None of them was actually trolling Lee went ap after they were 0/26 or something
Conor
Dainesl
Wow, you actually went 37-0 o.o that was awesome, tell me how to do that esp. in ranked ;w; (never had one of those games, best I had was like, 50-7)
Aurani

Blue Dragon wrote:

Pretty sure she has disconnected. Look at the gold amount and the red name in the top right
What about the enemy Vayne? I'm PRETTY sure she couldn't have disconnected, judging by the amount of times she died, which is EXACTLY why she had such pathetic farm alongside Ashe (who most likely did DC).

Then again, it is a normal match - not ranked... people there are trying out champions for the first time instead of going into custom games, so that might explain everything.
EneT

Aurani wrote:

Then again, it is a normal match - not ranked... people there are trying out champions for the first time instead of going into custom games, so that might explain everything.
Well every ADC is pretty much the same in terms of functionality so that person still doesn't have an excuse #UltraLowEloNormals
Aurani
Thing is, ADCs are in my opinion the most difficult role to play when your team is utter shit. Just think of it - you NEED them to act like a living shield for you, so you can deal damage without the slightest possibility of being damaged, but most of the time every moron goes for whatever he wants, and not what the team needs, so you're left there with 1500 HP against all those assassins and mages who deal a k damage on their ults alone, so yeah, have fun being left to rot by your own team - your greatest enemies.

In a ranked, I always viewed my teammates as my enemies as well. I need to suck their ego dick so they can be happy and not rage quit, I need to give them the feeling that they're the ones carrying the match AND keep tabs on their personality, so I know who to block immediately.
Your opponents are much easier to control, so the true victory lies in whether or not you can satisfy your own team full of wannabe animu heroes who think their life matters the most.

Either that or just skip everything I wrote if you're Challenger and completely eat their faces off without giving a single fuck about your team, because you don't even need them.
EneT

Aurani wrote:

Thing is, ADCs are in my opinion the most difficult role to play when your team is utter shit.
That's something I tell everyone; it's the hardest role to carry. My most hated role but contains some of my most favourite champs. Because of that, I mained mid for a few years since it was the most fun/easiest role to carry but the recent mid meta right now just isn't to my liking so I've been forced to main ADC again. Vayne still remains my most favourite champ since she's just that kind of ADC that can do anything by herself in the right hands: Kiting, self-peel, out-duel, damage.
Aurani
I actually came back to League not even a month ago and met up with an old friend, played a few ranked matches with her, and she was amazed to hear that I absolutely HATE ADCs now. I used to be a Diamond-level player back in s1 with my ADCs, and now? Oh I don't even want to know how low I am on the skill ladder nowadays when it comes to that role - simply because I start hating my life every time I pick it up and have an incompetent support. If he lacks lane presence, you might as well be fucking 1v2 bot, seriously.

I'm confident, however, that my best role currently is top (my once most hated one), with mid and support being right after it - and I damn used to adore mid and only mid, due to Scarra's streams back in the day.

I still miss s2, though - the time when I genuinely had fun playing League. =(
Renevant
lol, didnt even realize hexakill was back until i saw it on the matchmaking list. No hype i guess
Feast
All the hype is on Ekko
Aurani
Damnit Riot, stop defecating champions left and right, my IP needs a break.
DaddyCoolVipper
Ekko is so disgustingly OP right now, Riot don't even hide the fact that they want to sell him tons before the nerfs
show more