forum

League of Legends

posted
Total Posts
show more
SiFly_old
I tried to lose all my placements on purpose on my smurf to get it towards silver/gold... ended up getting carried to hard 4/6.. still in Plat V just as before reset.
Tshemmp
I'll just wait 1 month or so until the hype dies down.
BrokenArrow
A friend of mine ended last season in Platinum V, went 7-3 and got Platinum IV.. I believe his MMR must have been pretty high but what kind of "soft reset" is that supposed to be?

I have one game left, 5-4 so far.. wish me luck.

EDIT: 6-4 and got placed in Gold I (from Plat V), I can live with that!
Vulf
It's been like that since the beginning of season 3 or whenever they added the shitty ladder system. (for exmaple) If you were mid-high of a certain tier the previous season extremely high chances are you are going to be put back into a close area after placements (or higher) unless you go 0/10 which would probably still put you in mid-high of a single tier lower than you. You just need to have MMR from the previous season otherwise you will most likely end up in bronze or very high silver (gold on rare cases if you get matched with a bunch of high MMR players every game).

This was the crap I was bitching about in this thread two years ago. This system does not reflect skill unless you are very low bronze/silver or extremely high diamond/master/challenger and was basically implemented to make ranked more noob friendly and more rewarding the more you play ranked and also to get people to play ranked more. The previous ranked system was a failure to Riot because hardly anyone wanted to play it because it was "too hard" to climb. You get rewarded for winning games (which is fine) but you barely get punished for losing games. Basically if you were bad you fell and if you were good you climbed with the old elo system.

As for how I'm doing in ranked.. Probably not playing it at all this season haven't logged in for over a month on my main account and have only played a few arams on my smurf since then. Might actually be able to FINALLY quit this game since a very large number of my friends moved to something else.
Navizel
7-3
From Silver II to Silver III

I'm okay with this.
Tamir

Vulf wrote:

It's been like that since the beginning of season 3 or whenever they added the shitty ladder system. (for exmaple) If you were mid-high of a certain tier the previous season extremely high chances are you are going to be put back into a close area after placements (or higher) unless you go 0/10 which would probably still put you in mid-high of a single tier lower than you. You just need to have MMR from the previous season otherwise you will most likely end up in bronze or very high silver (gold on rare cases if you get matched with a bunch of high MMR players every game).

This was the crap I was bitching about in this thread two years ago. This system does not reflect skill unless you are very low bronze/silver or extremely high diamond/master/challenger and was basically implemented to make ranked more noob friendly and more rewarding the more you play ranked and also to get people to play ranked more. The previous ranked system was a failure to Riot because hardly anyone wanted to play it because it was "too hard" to climb. You get rewarded for winning games (which is fine) but you barely get punished for losing games. Basically if you were bad you fell and if you were good you climbed with the old elo system.

As for how I'm doing in ranked.. Probably not playing it at all this season haven't logged in for over a month on my main account and have only played a few arams on my smurf since then. Might actually be able to FINALLY quit this game since a very large number of my friends moved to something else.
The ELO system was amazingly fun,the only possible way to climb was by winning more than losing,right now,situations exist where people get to diamond with a 51%~ win rate or even lower than 50,I agree that I do not like this system at all but there is still the hidden MMR thing so people who win a lot do not get matched with people who lose as much as they win,most of the times,at least.

Yeah,they might have made it a little friendly to the "bad" players,but if you're above the skill level of those who made that climb only because of the new system,you will surely surpass them,I had my EUNE smurf get placed in Silver I after a 8-2 placement,it took me about 80 games to get to Diamond V (just setting an example) which is really NOT THAT MUCH when you think about it,so yeah,what I'm basically trying to say is-even if you get placed at the same tier you finished the season at (or around that tier),that never means you can't climb up!,you just have to get better and play on.
Neku Okazaki

D:
Renevant
was that from a prepaid?

also congrats on 1000 post count
Neku Okazaki

Renevant wrote:

was that from a prepaid?

Yes, I have the card on my hands, and thanks
Dainesl
I can't even get into placements because I'm only Level 20 D:

being a newbie is the absolute worst.

offtopic I won just now, yay.
Renevant

Neku okazaki wrote:

Renevant wrote:

was that from a prepaid?

Yes, I have the card on my hands, and thanks
As long as you kept the receipt, you should be able to get the RP to your account through a support ticket pretty easily.
Renevant

Dainesl wrote:

I can't even get into placements because I'm only Level 20 D:

being a newbie is the absolute worst.

offtopic I won just now, yay.
People can be mean in ranked :(
and yah, the learning curve is brutal, especially if you dont have anyone to play with.
Dopamine
Went 1-9
Silver 1 to 5
Am in promo's for silver 4 now though
Dainesl
The feels when you get lots of "good plays" out though, and quite a few doubles, even a triple

Overall result of that match.

yes I know my CS sucks.
Renevant
210 CS is still pretty damn good. I didnt know how important csing was before lvl 30 so i rarely got over 100
Nofool
depends on the game time, the char etc. 210 CS for a 25 minutes game(ok nvm 25 minutes ago) isn't that bad. 210 CS for a 40 minutes starts to be really bad é_è... depends if you had a lot of fight etc (i guess so regarding your kills)

2-4 atm ,_, rip skill... reach dia again won't be that easy i guess ;_;
Dainesl
Well I'm just like "aaaa" because I feel my early-game farming isn't really all that good

EDIT: I remembered the huge frenzy that I was in RIGHT AFTER I KILLED THE THIRD DRAGON WITH GAREN

I even ended up wasting my ult on it trying to kill it ASAP, so I got ripped afterwards (but my zhonyas meant that Garen was able to get away safely, which was...something, I guess).

EDIT 2 (because no double-posting): grrrr the feels when you're doing really well in early game because of jungler but your team doesn't group up for a proper fight which causes massive progress loss (we surrendered that game...)
Vulf

Tamirko wrote:

Yeah,they might have made it a little friendly to the "bad" players,but if you're above the skill level of those who made that climb only because of the new system,you will surely surpass them,I had my EUNE smurf get placed in Silver I after a 8-2 placement,it took me about 80 games to get to Diamond V (just setting an example) which is really NOT THAT MUCH when you think about it,so yeah,what I'm basically trying to say is-even if you get placed at the same tier you finished the season at (or around that tier),that never means you can't climb up!,you just have to get better and play on.
That is the issue with this current system it's way too damn easy to climb. I never said it wasn't at all. LOL

I was a bronze/silver player in the elo system for a large amount of time, gold player in season 3 and the only reason I played ranked and got to diamond 1 in season 4 was because I realized how freakin easy it was to climb compared to the old elo system.

You still need to know what is going on and improve to climb I agree with that, but it is so much less rewarding now than it used to be.
Dainesl

Finally a win /o/

My poor CS this time was due to my early game being atrocious, so much so that after 2 deaths I thought LeBlanc would have carried the rest of the game and I was really considering surrender, but thankfully it ended up being a 3/2, and then we became quite OP afterwards and won (through a surrender actually).

@ Vulf: Are you planning on improving on that Diamond 1 from S4 or are you not going to?
Renevant
Is that a support nidalee? my god

Man , im actually excited for this patch. The fizz nerfs, ahri changes (her charm ratio is actually really high now, like as high it was on her release where all she had to do was ult to kill), the new skins (wheres my annie skin), the syndra fix(lord mercy), and lastly, the beautiful annie changes. I use tibbers as a tower killing and creep blocking machine so this should be really fun. They also reverted a change on akali from about 2 years ago, which i found hilarious. Only thing im worried about is the ztrot portals and maybe the new dragon range.

and i personally dont care for the removal of dfg, except its effect on ahri, which i believe was compensated. The only thing im sad about is the loss of unorthodox picks like ap malphite
Vulf

Dainesl wrote:

@ Vulf: Are you planning on improving on that Diamond 1 from S4 or are you not going to?

I am 100% done with this game until the Warwick rework happens (see you in 5 years).

Much rather be focusing my time improving on Smite which is another Moba.
OzzyOzrock
Malph is a tank now... no DFG or Sword of the Divine lmao
Mismagius
7-3, unranked to silver 1

got 70lp on silver 1 then went on a losing spree of 7 matches in a row, now i'm almost silver 3
Dainesl

Renevant wrote:

Is that a support nidalee? my god
Yes that was a support Nidalee, the dude insisted he could lol
Hika
BYE BYE DFG I MISS U

AND BYE .6 AP SCALING ON FIZZ'S Q U WILL BE MISSED BB
BrokenArrow
ty dfg

and my 100% winrate with Vi remains intact, I'm already in my promos to Plat again 8-)
Dainesl
based annie helping the jungler get enough momentum to be able to be viable /o/
DeletedUser_4041880
ty dfg
Tshemmp
Man I really hope they add another active item to replace dfg, most of the items are so boring because they are only passive stats.
Witch Mercy
Patiently waiting for the new lunar skins \ o /
BrokenArrow
we back boys

Kata is such a noob champ not even kidding, this was my first game with her since Season 3
Dainesl
And it shows lol
Renevant
There was an idea floating around a couple weeks ago about her rework where she basically turns into an ad/ap hybrid
still broken af but not so dependent on AP.

idk what happened to it since it still hasnt hit the PBE
HazeL
Are there new champs this month?
Jordan
Second talon ranked penta s5. feels good man

BrokenArrow
always a joy to see people build Talon correctly

Renevant wrote:

There was an idea floating around a couple weeks ago about her rework where she basically turns into an ad/ap hybrid

it got scrapped
Vulf

Renevant wrote:

If you see something about a rework from a Riot dev that isn't immediately put on the PBE after it was posted do not take it seriously ever. See Warwick, Yorick, Urgot and Galio scrapped changes for an example.

I learned this the hard way which ended up with me getting super hyped and then suddenly pissed off. I'm not sure why they are even allowed to discuss things in this way on a large scale that aren't even going to be available for public testing.
DaddyCoolVipper

...So much LP!

#DiamondS5TheDream
Witch Mercy
Ahri will carry me to diamond #believe :^)
HazeL
</3 silver
show more