forum

League of Legends

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vulf
Wait... So.. Why is Thresh and Elise getting blood moon skins?
inb4 retconed to Ionia. Oh that's right lore in LoL has bee liquefied so they can do stupid stuff like this now.

At least the Kalista skin still makes sense because she is known all over Runeterra just perceived differently by the other regions.
OzzyOzrock
I hope they clean up Elise's blood moon spider form to not be recycled from victorious elise :c
Rewd Dudes
What do you guys think about new jungle?
OzzyOzrock
I've won 100% of my nunu games so I LOVE IT

I feel useful faster with this new jung, as strange as that sounds. I think new jungle made it more obvious to everyone to start taking objectives, as before no one really liked taking dragon, or would kill themselves for baron. Now, it's kind of you do what you need.
Vulf
The new jungle is fun and all but it's like this every season until it gets watered down into a secondary support since season 2.

Warwick is going to get nerfed into unviablity soon because Riot is literally the definition of retarded. Then people will bitch about Nunu and Fiddle until they get nerfed. I give it about 2 months before the jungle is Lee sin and Vi every game again.

I already hate these pre-season changes because it's like Riot wants season 1 jungle to comeback (even said that season 1 jungle was their best) but they add these stupid changes that end up causing horrible things and unnecessary nerfs to champions. You'd think after failing at this for 4 years now you go back to what was working.

I swear half of these changes are done by inexperienced interns knowing how lazy Riot is.
Tari
Kalista is quite fun when you play her as a support.
BrokenArrow
I'm fine with Warwick getting nerfed to death, he has always been a stupid champion. Rework him already.
PyaKura
Old champs have broken (ead : far too rigid) mechanics but WW's case has always been a problem.
Vulf
This is what happens when you leave binary champions like Warwick how he is. Warwick is only good when his items are good otherwise his is a ball of stats.

Riot has been saying he has been problematic for 3+ years but they absolutely refuse to do anything about it but nerf him when things get too far out of hand. Nerfing him into unviablility doesn't fix the problem it's a band-aid and a big fat FUCK YOU to the people who actually like that champion.

He is a champion from the alpha stages of the game who has been completely neglected by Riot for so long. It's quite disgusting how far the go out of the way to not acknowledge this champion exist until it's too late.

With that aside he won't get a rework anytime soon. They ended up scrapping the kit they spoiled for him about a month ago.

I'll probably end up quitting this game for good depending on how they nerf him. They already tried to gut him on PBE with the W nerf that made it impossible for him to jungle which ended up getting hot fixed like 5 hours later.

Smite is a superior moba anyways.
OzzyOzrock
Yup, Warwick nerf. Bye Vulf :c
Vulf
You are implying I even still play at this point unless you count normals which I haven't played in about a week.

Also that nerf on PBE isn't going to stop him from 1 shotting adc's with his ulti since you could already do it in season 3/4 with just a wits end and bork. Even with the nerfed ulti devourer/smite true damage the extra damage it gives still makes up for it.

This just shows Riot doesn't know what they are doing which is going to result in them overnerfing eventually which is something they have always done. Lowering numbers and saying "balanced" is not something that is new with the balance team.
Tshemmp
@Vulf: so what would you suggest doing in the Warwick case?
BrokenArrow
The obvious answer would be to not make it apply on-hit-effects anymore. Or at least not 5 times. Even though that won't be a long-term solution either.

EDIT: Wow, more Lucian nerfs. Another ADC I liked gutted into mediocracy. The day they hurt my Jinx will be the day I quit playing bottom lane.
PyaKura

BrokenArrow wrote:

The day they hurt my Jinx will be the day I quit playing bottom lane.

BrokenArrow wrote:

BrokenArrow wrote:

QFT^3
Vulf
Long post. Sorry! :(

SPOILER
I'm less upset about the possible nerfs and more upset by the fact this could have been avoided if they reworked him. Riot has been talking about reworking Warwick for over 2.5 years now. It doesn't take that long to redesign a champion especially a boring one like Warwick. I can literally prototype 3-4 kits for him in about an hour, calc numbers for the kits in about 2-3 hours.

He already has a set theme and since lore has been liquified it's not that he would need that much effort in that area. This also applies for his VU as well but that is a completely different department.

The large time consuming thing would be the play testing part which can and will take a few months depending on how complex the kit is. This is why you have a dedicated designer doing things instead of just handing off projects to multiple people when you are called to do something else.

There are other factors but since I know Riot is an extremely unorganized company (I have friends who work there) when it comes to these type of things which would increase the amount of time things are done.

It would probably take a team about 8 months to a year to redesign a champion. Significantly less if the said champion doesn't need a new model.

BrokenArrow wrote:

The obvious answer would be to not make it apply on-hit-effects anymore. Or at least not 5 times. Even though that won't be a long-term solution either.
You wouldn't even have to go that far. His ult just needs more counterplay and bug fixes. Fix the stupid bug that applies all his damage regardless of him being CC'd or QSS'd out of his ulti. Then you can make his ult a skill shot and increase the range by 100 while giving it a travel time and he wouldn't be that big of an issue until he is reworked. He already has leap animations in the game files from the alpha stages of the game (he is literally that old). This is a temporary fix without hurting the champion significantly all while making the champion a little more interesting to play for people. This is how you do a nerf and a buff at the same time to an ability. Riot just takes the lazy way.

AND

Items like Feral Flare and the Devourer enchantment should simply never exist in this game. It's a stupid impossible to balance mechanic because it's either going to be ridiculously strong or not worth the gold. It's been less than 10 months since FF was made and it's like Riot didn't learn from that mistake. I don't think they care anymore.

This whole gut until we get around to it method Riot does is an extremely lazy way to go about things and makes me really upset as a game designer that they are getting away with this kind of crap.

There is a reason I turned down the job Riot offered me because honestly I don't think I would be able to deal with how things work there and how things are organized. Thank god I know people who work there.

TL;DR

Riot is a lazy unorganized company that I feel doesn't know what they are doing anymore.
Stefan
Why should Jinx ever be nerfed? (Not to sounds that Jinx sucks but there is imo nothing which needs to be nerfed)
Hika
ppl complain about the range on her q but there goes silvers 8-)
i personally like jinx and don't see a reason as to why they'd lay a finger on her
OzzyOzrock
ye jinx is fine, she's a whole lot of dmg and utility but is forced to commit and land shit

btw

idonwannatakaboutit
Rukario
So the official Riot merchandise store now went online.

https://euw.merch.riotgames.com/en/

Just enter your preferred region instead of euw. For me, not that impressed with the shirt designs and everything.
I can't deny that I bought the Worlds jacket and a Tresh shirt, but all the other designs didn't look that appealing to me, especially the Twitch and Kog'maw ones. Either way, finally something official from Riot for merchandise and I finally got my Worlds jacket. I'm satisfied.
BrokenArrow
Yeah the shirts look pretty crappy across the board. Some stuff seems a bit overpriced but I think the prices aren't too exorbitant overall, especially considering it's still in beta.
Got myself a Jinx figure (<3) along with the Vi vs. Blue buff poster. Can't wait~
Rukario

BrokenArrow wrote:

Yeah the shirts look pretty crappy across the board. Some stuff seems a bit overpriced but I think the prices aren't too exorbitant overall, especially considering it's still in beta.
Got myself a Jinx figure (<3) along with the Vi vs. Blue buff poster. Can't wait~
They've said in their Q&A about the store, that the jackets and hoodies are so expensive since they used better fabric than in the ordinary clothes you get and ahigher quality sipper. How true any of that is, is up in the air. I'll definitely share my experiences with my order here. Maybe it does get shipped before christmas, but I doubt it.
Shipping was pretty cheap though, only 5€ for the whole order which is pretty fair.
OzzyOzrock
DAMn that world's jacket haha. I might just get the thresh tee, but the hoodie is overboard...

EDIT:

because how could i just ignore that splash art dude
BrokenArrow
Been playing a few rankeds these days again and got reminded of how god damn shitty this retarded community is.
Considering quitting again.
Vulf
It's the internet there is BM everywhere no matter what community. PvP games are almost always worse.
Heck I ran into some pretty awful BM right here on osu about a week ago in multiplayer.

Deal with it or play single player games. :)
BrokenArrow
Yeah since LoL is the only place I am active at that somehow involves a community, I am basically saying I'm about to quit the internet
no I don't count this place in
Justykanna

BrokenArrow wrote:

Been playing a few rankeds these days again and got reminded of how god damn shitty this retarded community is.
I'd say people in ranked are too hardcore about the game, but that's pretty much the 'highest' level of play in the game. Some people take the game too serious and need to seriously consider that League of Legends is "only a game".

Vulf wrote:

It's the internet there is BM everywhere no matter what community. PvP games are almost always worse.
Heck I ran into some pretty awful BM right here on osu about a week ago in multiplayer.

Deal with it or play single player games.
I'd have to agree here. You're gonna run into people like that everywhere.
I've honestly been pretty happy with the osu! community, just based on the forum threads I visit so I guess that's my exception.
I've played League, World of Warcraft, Ragnarok Online, Maplestory and Final Fantasy XIV with varying results in this regard.
League's pretty bad at times and the fact that you're stuck playing with someone for an entire duration of a game doesn't help. Of course, if it's from all chat, you can just shut that off. World of Warcraft has gotten better as time goes on but I'm not sure if that's just because I don't say much or what. Final Fantasy XIV, Ragnarok Online 1 and 2 weren't terrible, had the odd person here or there. Maplestory was by far the worst community I've been in. Had people kill stealing left and right, spamming chat, etc. Wasn't disappointed to leave that game behind.

But yeah, single player games are your friend if you want a quick solution. ;) My N3DS is my best friend here. =D
Vulf
I started playing WoW again recently and it definitely isn't as bad as it used to be. Instead of getting unrelated troll replies when I ask a question people actually give me a useful answer to things now (well not always).
Justykanna

Vulf wrote:

I started playing WoW again recently and it definitely isn't as bad as it used to be. Instead of getting unrelated troll replies when I ask a question people actually give me a useful answer to things now (well not always).
Yeah, it's really improved since the days of Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King (at least, around the time I quit back in April). Dunno why but an improved community is always nice to have.
Cyclohexane
>Unicorns of Love

Glass
freeSM like always
OzzyOzrock
page 765 hype
Rukario
When I saw the first blood with that TF jungle, I knew I was in for a bad night. Get your Shit together TSM.
Don't need another half split where CLG fanboys talk continous shit.

EDIT: My Riot Merch came today, so I'll tell you what's up with that:
Thresh Shirt: The Design is cool but the shirt is veeeery thin, like super thin. It's not really my style of T-shirt I wear but it's still alright. Fits perfectly and the fabric doesn't feel bad to wear.
Worlds Jacket: This one's a winner. Really nice as a track jacket, got a custom Zipper with the Riot logo on it. It's nothing too fancy, but just all around a good product. Can defintely recommen that one.
All in All, the shipping took about 1 week, which is pretty nice but that was for EU and it seemed to have originated from Germany, so it didn't have much of a way to travel for me.
I'm mostly satisfied with the service from the Riot store and I hope they add some better shirts in the future, I'd definitely use it again.
Navizel
How can CLG fanboys talk when the team just got fined for 10k hahahahahaha

But I guess give TSM some time. Santorin is new. Not saying he lost the game for TSM and I actually think Bjergsen did cause he got owned and some misposition from turtle but they need to build synergy again.
Rukario

Nick Allen: Damn girl, you look FINE.

Either way, I'm sure TSM was confident enough that they'd beat UOL without much trouble, since they just joined the LCS. And Bjergsen did kinda shit the bed that series, I think I have rarely seen him that helpless.
Anyway, this year is gonna be the year of CLG. #hype #potential #counterlogic #link #hearthstone #hashtag #Kappa
Glass
Love

ment2b wit Color
Cyclohexane

░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄
░▌▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░▌░░░░▄███████▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░░▐███████████▄
░░░░░le░░░░░░░▐░░░░▐█████████████▄