forum

League of Legends

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jazz
Gnar is indeed adorable, although I haven't seen people use him nor have I played as him so I can't tell anything about his gameplay

DeletedUser_4041880
Most of the games I spectated had people building him like a god damn ADC. He's just going to get melted once he transforms since he's so squishy.
BrokenArrow

Frostei wrote:

Most of the games I spectated had people building him like a god damn ADC. He's just going to get melted once he transforms since he's so squishy.
He actually gains 1260 health + 36 MR and Armor just from his passive alone at level 18 which is quite ridiculous when you think about it, it's like Shyvana's passive but three times better
But then again he has the lowest base health at level 18 so that makes up for it a little bit

Furthermore he has an attack speed steroid in his small form paired with a stronger version of Vayne's W (except that it doesn't deal true damage) along with 7 cc abilities and a gapcloser

From those stats alone he looks like the most OP champion ever created but I haven't played against a good Gnar so I can't judge it yet :/
DothThouHoist

BrokenArrow wrote:

Frostei wrote:

He actually gains 1260 health + 36 MR and Armor just from his passive alone at level 18 which is quite ridiculous when you think about it, it's like Shyvana's passive but three times better
But then again he has the lowest base health at level 18 so that makes up for it a little bit

Furthermore he has an attack speed steroid in his small form paired with a stronger version of Vayne's W (except that it doesn't deal true damage) along with 7 cc abilities and a gapcloser

From those stats alone he looks like the most OP champion ever created but I haven't played against a good Gnar so I can't judge it yet :/
I've found that although hes the new word for OP Gnar's actually quite easy to kite. As long as you can dodge his initial jump or ulti...
And well, without much AOE on his team, he actually doesn't prevail that well in open teamfights (like in mid)

But all i've ever done with him is just rush Trinity Force and Botrk then go off-tank... Actually works pretty well
So, not really a good option for sustained fights (since theres a limited amount of time to poke till his passive reaches 100)
Onces it reaches 100 either engage or just step the fudge back, i see alot of players not being able to control Gnar's fury/rage whatever the fudge it is

So yeah, Gnar's a really good champion, mechanically quite challenging but nobody knows how to use him...
Once they know how, hes gonna replace teemo as the new satan (or maybe be like a heir to teemo's title)
Vulf

Jazz wrote:

Gnar is indeed adorable, although I haven't seen people use him nor have I played as him so I can't tell anything about his gameplay

What is that image trying to imply? Literally every champion has been nerfed at some point via indirect or direct.

From a design point of view Gnar is NO WHERE near as disgusting as Rengar is. Rengar shouldn't even exist and has deserved every nerf thrown in his direction. Horrible champion.
Witch Mercy
But it's so fun to jump on someone out of nowhere and kill them!
DothThouHoist

Graciee wrote:

But it's so fun to jump on someone out of nowhere and kill them!
As a douchebag i build AP rengar and lich bane proc the shid out of everyone... Then of course zhonya's for the extra style points lol
DothThouHoist

Vulf wrote:

Jazz wrote:

What is that image trying to imply? Literally every champion has been nerfed at some point via indirect or direct.

From a design point of view Gnar is NO WHERE near as disgusting as Rengar is. Rengar shouldn't even exist and has deserved every nerf thrown in his direction. Horrible champion.
Everytime i top lane against a rengar i fear for my life... Like hysterically thinking where he could be at this exact moment....
I end up spamming MIA eveytime he backs or caution on mid lane, cus yeah...
Dat Q steriod though.... Not even funny
Jazz

Vulf wrote:

why you hating on Rengar
Vulf

Jazz wrote:

why you hating on Rengar
Terribly designed champion.
GeeNX
Soon Jax will start to be hated again

Inb4 worlds = buff jax, corki and trinity
Jazz

Vulf wrote:

Terribly designed champion.
if you're talking about aesthetics I don't think it matters because you barely see any of the champion's details in game
but if you're talking about something else, well then carry on
Vulf
Why would I be talking about aesthetics? Rengars theme is cool, but his kit is completely obnoxious and disgusting. It's so stupid that it's essentially been reworked about 4 times now. As long as Riot keeps trying to retain his "Identity" with the reworks he will continue to be retarded and keep getting nerfed.
khan119
there a tons of terribly desgined champs who cant be balanced since they would be either too weak or too strong. e.g. yasuo,kassadin,rengar,kaz, lots of assassins
Ceph23

Sugoi-_-Desu wrote:

kaz
This is where I disagree with you.
But everything else I agree with.
khan119
actually, youre right fuck kaz striking that bug
DothThouHoist
TBH i can't really see find Kaz's spot in the current meta (Where jungle tanks and adc off tanks are kind of the thing)
Well in medium-high elo at least... Either that or assasin's are kinda lossing their thing now.---.
Vulf

Sugoi-_-Desu wrote:

there a tons of terribly desgined champs who cant be balanced since they would be either too weak or too strong. e.g. yasuo,kassadin,rengar,kaz, lots of assassins
There is a big difference when you compare kits like Yasuo and Kha'Zix to Kassadin and Rengar. You can balance Yasuo and Kha'Zix with their current kits. I think Kha'Zix is actually in a decent spot now in terms of healthy gameplay. Never really had a problem with that champion until they randomly decided to give him super tankyness in stealth for some reason (which was later removed).

Kits like Rengar and Kassadin will never be healthy for the game and they should be remade from scratch. Been saying this since the first mini rework Kassadin got back in 2010. As long as they try to keep their identity with the reworks those two champions will always be bad for the game or unplayable.
khan119
I didnt compare them, i listed them as terribly designed champs.
Vulf
Yasuo and K6 aren't terribly designed though. Is the point of my post.
Their problems are too many free stats in an already overloaded kit which is fixable without a rework unlike Kass and Rengar.
khan119
i striked k6 because of that but yasuo actually is teribly designed and unbalancable without him being completely useless or completely overpowered
Vulf
Care to explain why? I'm interested in why you think this.

I agree that he is annoying and frustrating to play against, but he is definitely a champion that can be tweaked some without making him useless.
Witch Mercy
Kha'zix is so fun omg.
I should just play eve and him from now!
OzzyOzrock
I wonder what it would do to Yasuo to nerf his crit-building identity. Would annihilate some DPS but where would they compensate if that were to happen?
khan119
tell me some of these tweaks that can be applied to yasuo without drastically changing his place in the game
Vulf
If I was going to do some tweaks to Yasuo the first thing I would start with would be his ulti.

Lets take a look at this ability

See how ridiculously overloaded that ability is? Does he really need all of that? No

Does this ability need 1200 range to be used effectively? No
Would nerfing the range affect his gameplay significantly? Not enough to make him unplayable.

Does this ability need to work with other knock ups? No

Would increasing the CD at later levels nerf him enough to hurt his place in the game? No

Another thing would be to remove the maximum flow upon arrival because a big problem with Yasuo is that he is too tanky for what he does.

None of these changes alone would make him unplayable but would hurt him enough to where he is less excruciating to play against. Yasuo isn't binary enough to where changes like this would make him unviable.

If he is still problematic after that I would look at his passive shield.

Most people seem to think wind wall is the problem with that champion when it really is his overloaded passives and ulti.
khan119
the ult only working on his own airborne would make yasuo so fucking bad
Vulf
Nerfs his late game which is his problematic area aside from the random tankyness, but yeah I agree it's probably too much since that would make that ability way too unreliable.
Could make it only effect one target not sure why it hits multiple.

You still haven't explained to me why you think he is a terribly designed champion?
khan119
Your tweaks wouldn't make yasuo a balanced champ. He can still just crit the shit out of ad carrys no matter how far behind he is
Vulf
So you are just going to ignore my question then? Okay

His crit passive isn't anywhere near his problem which is why I said remove some of his tankyness. With supports like braum and morg being dominate there is absolutely no reason a Yasuo should be sticking to a carry to crit the shit out of them unless you got caught in his ult in which case you deserve to die.

He loses some of his tankyness means he is bursted down in fights if he tries to dive an adc.
Hika
yasuo is not okay, let's just leave it at that.
not sure how people let him catch up after he feeds enough to stop starvation in africa
Vulf
The same way they let Akali do. Similar issues.
BrokenArrow
Except that Akali is balanced
Vulf
Until Yasuo,Talon and a few other champs are nerfed she is.
Hika
Talon? Why Talon?

what
Vulf
I said until then. Not that he needs it.

If I had the choice between playing Talon or Akali I would play Talon. Easier laning phase against more matchups.

I see Talon quite often in high Diamond it's freakin annoying but you can deal with him.
khan119
i said hes terribly designed because hes unbalancable
BrokenArrow
stop being stubborn and give reasons
Witch Mercy
why did talon suddenly get popular again
also when I play him I feel like I do no dmg LOL
Navizel

Graciee wrote:

also when I play him I feel like I do no dmg LOL
me every single time lol

try armor pen reds + armor pen items