forum

League of Legends

posted
Total Posts
show more
[- Alex -]

La Volpe wrote:

Got 3 afks in my team last game.. I think thats a new reccord for me.
My record is 4 . 2 games , 8 afk. So pls. Let's be friends and say I HATE THIS GAME SOMETIMES.
f i z i k

Vulf wrote:

I read that lol.

Poppy just needs a completely new ulti and passive. You could even buff the rest of her kit to compensate, but her passive and ulti is probably the most broken thing in the game and is a good reason why she is intentionally left where she is.

Frostei wrote:

Riot's gonna destroy their own game
There is time for them to fix things, but I'm not sure with people like Morello on the team. Morello is a big reason why Guild Wars 1 slowly went to shit. If your balance philosophy is to punish good players while making the game easier for the bad ones then you really have no place in the pvp aspect at all. He needs to go design some shitty pvm game because that philosophy is fine there.

Only reason I still play league is because my friends do and even that is starting to dwindle off. I've already moved on to other Moba's like Smite and to a lesser extent dota 2 anyways. LOL
every single post you make

just wait a god damn season and it will be the other way around again. perfect balance wont ever happen,always going to extremes and back. and obviously league is being marketed to the casual/broad spectrum of players,thats why its being made easier.
BrokenArrow
Nah, Vulf knows his shit.
Kanye West

f i z i k wrote:

just wait a god damn season and it will be the other way around again. perfect balance wont ever happen,always going to extremes and back. and obviously league is being marketed to the casual/broad spectrum of players,thats why its being made easier.
Well, why is dota nearly perfectly balanced then? And a game being marketed to casual players isn't an excuse for bad game balance.
Vulf

f i z i k wrote:

Except that I am a game designer while reddit isn't? Kinda offended you would compare to that mess.

You can market a game to casual players without ruining it for the rest of the player base. I mean that's what league has been doing since pre-season 1. LOL. Any veteran player can tell you the balance of the game has progressively gotten worse every season except for season 2 which was actually pretty good. No one is asking for perfect balance, but the choices riot has made lately have been really really stupid.

With all that aside I was recently flown out to Santa Monica and interviewed for a game designer position at Riot. Whether I got the job or not is unknown. Then again it's only been a few days . LOL
PyaKura
"Hey !

RiotVulf here ! I'm fairly new at Riot, but you can already expect some buffs for our beloved Warwick soon enough !"

Jkjk. Best of luck with that :p
f i z i k

Kanye West wrote:

Well, why is dota nearly perfectly balanced then? And a game being marketed to casual players isn't an excuse for bad game balance.
i cant judge dota since i only played like 5 games or whatever there,but from what i know it seems vastly different from how league works in terms of ressources and stuff. also it wasnt an excuse,its a reasoning. riot cares about money,not about players. they make the most money of the casual players who sit in the lower ranks and not from the good players,so its a smart decision to do what is the best for the masses.

Vulf wrote:

Except that I am a game designer while reddit isn't? Kinda offended you would compare to that mess.

You can market a game to casual players without ruining it for the rest of the player base. I mean that's what league has been doing since pre-season 1. LOL. Any veteran player can tell you the balance of the game has progressively gotten worse every season except for season 2 which was actually pretty good. No one is asking for perfect balance, but the choices riot has made lately have been really really stupid.

With all that aside I was recently flown out to Santa Monica and interviewed for a game designer position at Riot. Whether I got the job or not is unknown. Then again it's only been a few days . LOL
How can you take that serious? It's an analogy to all your posts in here. I agree season 2 was the best but it was also almost as unstable as right now? I remember blazing my way into highest ranks with jungle skarner/maokai when I didnt even play them before but couldn't do shit with my best champs. The game has been meta-focused from the very beginning,idk what makes people believe this can be turned into a game where everything is equal? It won't happen,it's literally impossible now that we are this far. It's not like I like everything riot does,but for me it's whatever and I just cope with it. The game isn't bad for me or it feels super unbalanced,I can deal with a game that has a changing meta,that makes something stronger and something weaker at certain times. Obviously I would love for my favourite champions to be OP so I can play them and win but who cares,if you can't adapt you suck. It's just pissing me off people rage at Riot when this is literally always like this,but now there's so many more people in this game that the voice is becoming louder and louder. Also,if whatever you say about getting a job at riot is true,do you really think it is the smartest decision to talk badly about them? As you said,riot game designers dont know their shit so yeah,enjoy working! :^)
Vulf
Dota is designed better end of story.

There are ways to make more than 20 champions viable and I've already posted a bunch of those ideas here in this thread It's not impossible. Also the beginning of season 4 had the most variety league has ever had since the end of season 2, but they nerfed a bunch of stuff that forced the 20 champions into the scene. Riot forces the meta with their poor balance decisions.

Turning everything equal is the problem with this game as I said in my previous post that your quoted. I never once said that making things equal is the way to go.. Doing that removes any form of niche champions can have. Like the Leblanc rework for example.

Just because you can deal with bad balance doesn't mean it is right. Kinda selfish to say something like that.

Who cares if I talk bad about Riot? Phreak talked so much shit about them back before he started working for them. LOL
[- Alex -]

The new Kharthus spotlight
Vulf
I still don't like how the new Karthus ulti looks. :(
[- Alex -]

Vulf wrote:

I still don't like how the new Karthus ulti looks. :(
Why not? I don't like because riot remove his book. Now he only have one when he ults.
Vulf
Doesn't look as Ion cannon as his old one and it's hard to see on certain graphic settings.
Navizel
HELIOS HYYYPEE

Good to see TSM's synergy showing up. Locodoco op
those
wtf 2 void staves
Kanye West
Double penetration.
AutoMedic

Kanye West wrote:

Double penetration.
twice the fun
Jordan
The Amsterdam server change made my ping 10 times worse than it was before, and it already was shitty

I used to be on a stable 80ms (but I'd get terrible neverending lag spikes in at least half of my games)

The lowest I've seen now is 92 and it's NEVER stable, the best situation I had was a game where it "only" spiked between 95 and 130

I made a statistic of my last 10 games, in 8 of them I got an "attempting to reconnect" lasting at least 1 minute + ping spiking between 95 and 300

In 1 of them I've only got huge ping spikes

And in the other one my ping only spiked between 95 and 130
Fabi
They are still working on the server, so you should expect things like that. Get worried when they finish job and your ping get worse. For the moment the only thing you could do is to tracert the server and try VPN for better routings :(.
Navizel
La Volpe

Navizel wrote:

Oh god why.
Tekklorn

Navizel wrote:

Dat Doublelift
AutoMedic

Navizel wrote:

Pff-Hahahaha
[- Alex -]

Navizel wrote:

10/10 GOTY!
Any players that can duo with me? I'm a great mid lanner :)
Jordan

32956 wrote:

inb4 bronze V
winber1
nothing is better than challenger. bronze is better than nothing. bronze is better than challenger.

he is our savior
AutoMedic

Jordan wrote:

32956 wrote:

inb4 bronze V
Dont insult a bronz scrub
Hika

winber1 wrote:

nothing is better than challenger. bronze is better than nothing. bronze is better than challenger.

he is our savior
impressed
Jordan

RESPECT THE DONGER

YOU GOTTA GIVE IT RESPECT
Navizel
BrokenArrow
ADC itemization changes look interesting. BT looks like shit-tier to me now, the new mana item might be the revival of Ezreal and IE looks like the item to go for. 2 Doran's should be enough for the early sustain. BotrK looks strong as a mid- to lategame lifesteal item, especially on champs like Vayne. BT only looks good on safe champs like Caitlyn to me, but we'll see.
Tako
IE Rush all the way! Vayne should be really good atm; she will be hurt really bad if a cait gets ie really fast.
AutoMedic
Vayne can deal more damage now. Great!!
Tako

Sonatora wrote:

Vayne can deal more damage now. Great!!
She was pretty good at it already tbh. She does benefit a lot from the as buffs tho.
Vulf
Just got done playing with some Rioters on the new summoners rift.
Map is really awesome, but a lot of the champions look freakin disgusting on it especially the very old ones. Need more VU's to come out faster. =\
Hika

Vulf wrote:

Just got done playing with some Rioters on the new summoners rift.
Map is really awesome, but a lot of the champions look freakin disgusting on it especially the very old ones. Need more VU's to come out faster. =\
Is it really that bad? I was thinking about getting on today to check it out but I'm not feeling that heal nerf or the new support + ADC items. Grr.
Vulf
It just went on the PBE like an hour ago. Not sure when it's coming to the live servers.

The color scheme of the new map doesn't mix very well with the older champions who have brighter colors. The new Karthus fits perfectly, but when you put something like Sion on there it looks terrible. lol
Hika
lmao sion looks like a homeless man gg
Drowned Crow
xD
Tako

Hika wrote:

lmao sion looks like a homeless man gg
He just needs a rework really badly. That champion design is straight up shit atm. Hopes are up for 2014.
show more