forum

League of Legends

posted
Total Posts
show more
Navizel

HighSee wrote:

Hey guys, can someone give me the rundown on a Blitz vs Thresh matchup? I was playing SOLOQ MF with a Blitz, other side was a Twitch and Thresh. We got thrashed. Blitz was always behind me, never attempted to intimidate the other players. I attempted to harass, bouncing bullets and all. Whenever Thresh approached, Blitz was an Olympic track athlete and was gone. Every single engage, he left me in the dust.
"Why don't you attempt a set up? Why are you always behind me? I'm doing all the harassment and trying to build a lane presence. You keep running away."
"Because I'm Blitz and he's thresh."
I'm only silver, but Community plz.
Twitch is squishy early game though. Blitz can pull him if Thresh is far from Twitch.
Kanye West

HighSee wrote:

Hey guys, can someone give me the rundown on a Blitz vs Thresh matchup? I was playing SOLOQ MF with a Blitz, other side was a Twitch and Thresh. We got thrashed. Blitz was always behind me, never attempted to intimidate the other players. I attempted to harass, bouncing bullets and all. Whenever Thresh approached, Blitz was an Olympic track athlete and was gone. Every single engage, he left me in the dust.
"Why don't you attempt a set up? Why are you always behind me? I'm doing all the harassment and trying to build a lane presence. You keep running away."
"Because I'm Blitz and he's thresh."
I'm only silver, but Community plz.
Skill matchup but Thresh will beat Blitz if equal skill.
HighSee
Was pretty meh honestly. Twitch was eating all of my bouncing bullets so he had 1/2 hp every engage but Blitz kept running from every engage/or didn't assist me in anyway. And then he would pull the fed Shyvana into me. If blitz had been more aggressive like I was telling him to be, I think we would've dominated lane. He just refused to assert some sort of lane presence. I'm done complaining. Was yesterday, so not much good can come out of it now. :p
Just duo'd with a friend. Played against D2 players. That MMR difference.
AutoMedic

Navizel wrote:

seems fun
What an Asus ROG DreamLeague rip-off

Pfff-

Looks like rito wants to make compendiums too lol
Stefan

Typical meh game but I find my stats cool at all k
Vulf
Learned they plan on reworking Leblanc... I was hoping they would just revert all the changes they gave to her last summer so she would go back to the whole *win early insta lose late unless mega fed playstyle.*. It was a feast or famine that was actually balanced.

Still pretty mad they changed her to being with. Oh well at least the new Warwick kit looks amazing. :)
Sapphiire_old_1

Amumu hidden gem <3
hi im dragon

do nothing

get carried
Stefan

hi im dragon wrote:

do nothing

get carried

do everything

get shit
BrokenArrow
pls use anything but the german client

EDIT: woah such an intense game, my GA won us the game

P r o m i s e s

Stefan wrote:

hi im dragon wrote:

do nothing

get carried

do everything

get shit
Dat AP Blitzcrank
Justykanna

Vulf wrote:

Justykanna wrote:

That was awful. That could have gone bad REALLY fast. Don't know any other jungler who'd help top that much - most junglers just ignore top these days I find.
I would camp the hell out of top too if it was vayne. Super easy lane to gank.
Doesn't matter, I've had ADC tops before (I've seen several Vaynes top, a bunch of Quinns and a Corki once) and I don't get much help. People just stick around mid and bottom lanes.

Vulf wrote:

Eren Yaeger wrote:

Yea no smurfirno, I'm just frustrated with playing with players who don't even know what a ward is, both team mates and eneimes alike, just gets boring after awhile when you'll probably be the one with the most kills at the end of the game unless you are laning against an actual smurf which is fun because I like to be really challenged :P I guess I'll just take it slow I guess, the more games the better I suppose
Just going to throw it out there. It really doesn't get much better after level 30. Heck most bronze, silver and gold players don't know what wards are.
I find at my current level (Silver 5) supports are the only ones to ward on a consistent basis, sometimes mids. =/
I always put a ward in river when I'm top laning (in front of the Baron pit so I have time to react) and I find that my lane opponents... don't, even with their trinket available.
Like that Vayne I laned against a while ago... She could have saved herself a lot of hastle from La Volpe's Sejuani.
BrokenArrow
so apparently the way you build Kayle now is Berserker's -> Nashor's -> Runaa's Hurricane -> AP
It's hidden op confirmed by koreans since Runaa's' bolts apply on-hit effects from Nashor's as well as her passive
Also 30/0/0 masteries are a must since she benefits from basically everything

Gonna try that tomorrow
Vulf

Justykanna wrote:

Doesn't matter, I've had ADC tops before (I've seen several Vaynes top, a bunch of Quinns and a Corki once) and I don't get much help. People just stick around mid and bottom lanes.
That's the current meta mind set. Most normal matchups top lane are almost 100% pointless contribute much ganks to, but that doesn't mean people should ignore the lane 100% of the laning phase. Basically you benefit a heck of a lot more if you snowball bot lane or even mid compared to top, but if the top lane is something like a vayne vs an ally Jax or Riven you better gank often because that is free food and both of those champs snowball super hard. Silver 5 players don't understand how matchups work so they probably don't pay much attention to it.

Also ganking top is very risky if dragon is up. You could get a kill and take the turret to offset the gold,but if you fail the gank and lose dragon you pretty much screwed your entire team over for awhile.

In other words top lane is an island and if you are wanting to make plays then you better take teleport.
TKiller

BrokenArrow wrote:

so apparently the way you build Kayle now is Berserker's -> Nashor's -> Runaa's Hurricane -> AP
It's hidden op confirmed by koreans since Runaa's' bolts apply on-hit effects from Nashor's as well as her passive
Also 30/0/0 masteries are a must since she benefits from basically everything

Gonna try that tomorrow
Doesn't mean it procs splash three times. Still waste of a slot.
Vulf
I wouldn't even bother investing much time into Kayle because she is going to get nerfed again and Riot is going to do it in the wrong way as usual.
[- Alex -]

Vulf wrote:

I wouldn't even bother investing much time into Kayle because she is going to get nerfed again and Riot is going to do it in the wrong way as usual.
Kayle nerf? Why. She is good now , buff heal , nerf Q , E for not dat early burst.
Justykanna

Vulf wrote:

Justykanna wrote:

That's the current meta mind set. Most normal matchups top lane are almost 100% pointless contribute much ganks to, but that doesn't mean people should ignore the lane 100% of the laning phase. Basically you benefit a heck of a lot more if you snowball bot lane or even mid compared to top, but if the top lane is something like a vayne vs an ally Jax or Riven you better gank often because that is free food and both of those champs snowball super hard. Silver 5 players don't understand how matchups work so they probably don't pay much attention to it.

Also ganking top is very risky if dragon is up. You could get a kill and take the turret to offset the gold,but if you fail the gank and lose dragon you pretty much screwed your entire team over for awhile.

In other words top lane is an island and if you are wanting to make plays then you better take teleport.
So it depends who I'm laning with / against? People don't seem to care regardless lol. I use Gangplank and Irelia for the most part but I doubt either are snowball champions.
I mean. I'm used to people ignoring top lane during laning phase but that doesn't mean I agree with it.

Eh, teleport over what though? Flash / Ignite?
Jordan

Stefan wrote:

hi im dragon wrote:

do nothing

get carried

do everything

get shit
There are so many things that are wrong in what you did but I'm gonna stick with saying that the loss shouldn't surprise you.
Vulf

WingsOfDeadthx wrote:

Kayle nerf? Why. She is good now , buff heal , nerf Q , E for not dat early burst.

Because she is extremely frustrating to play against? I absolutely hate playing against Kayle so I ban it every game.
Her kit is essentially fine, but her ult needs to go. There is a reason why immunity over time champions aren't allowed to thrive because there is simply little to no counterplay involved during the duration.

Immunity to damage/CC champions.

Poppy - Nerfed and getting a rework.
Olaf - nerfed, Reworked, and nerfed again.
Kayle - Reworked and nerfed multiple times since then.
Tryndamere - Ulti reworked and he immediately became pick or ban status, then nerfed.

When is Riot going to realize that immunity mechanics shouldn't exist in this game. People have even been bitching and moaning about Zhonyas for years now. LOL

Justykanna wrote:

So it depends who I'm laning with / against? People don't seem to care regardless lol. I use Gangplank and Irelia for the most part but I doubt either are snowball champions.
I mean. I'm used to people ignoring top lane during laning phase but that doesn't mean I agree with it.

Irelia can snowball pretty hard, and drop ignite for teleport. I've won so many games simply due to the fact I teleported bottom got my carry a double kill and took dragon afterwards. Global presence is never a bad thing.
Rukario
Witch Mercy
wow got a pentakill with twitch. :3
he's so fun!
Kanye West

Justykanna wrote:

lol what? Irelia and GP are the definition of snowbally top laners.

GP in particular is useless if he doesn't snowball
Justykanna

Vulf wrote:

Irelia can snowball pretty hard, and drop ignite for teleport. I've won so many games simply due to the fact I teleported bottom got my carry a double kill and took dragon afterwards. Global presence is never a bad thing.
Ah, okay. Noted.

Kanye West wrote:

The definition of snowbally top laners? The one I always heard were Renekton and Jax.
Eren Yaeger

Kanye West wrote:

The definition of snowbally top laners? The one I always heard were Renekton and Jax.[/quote]

How haven't you heard of Riven in there as well? Having mained her I know when she gets going she will melt people
Justykanna

Eren Yaeger wrote:

How haven't you heard of Riven in there as well? Having mained her I know when she gets going she will melt people
Riven too yeah. Those were the first two that came to mind though, just because I see them all the time, lol.
Kanye West
Renekton no, jax yes, riven yes
TKiller
Had no Renektons in around 20 games. God bless America.
hi im dragon

decided to pick up tryndamere again
Stefan

BrokenArrow wrote:

pls use anything but the german client
Can you explain me what exactly is wrong in using german client except with the reason "omgz german client sucks shit" ?

Jordan wrote:

There are so many things that are wrong in what you did but I'm gonna stick with saying that the loss shouldn't surprise you.
You know you can show the mistakes I've done since I always want to analyse the factors what caused a loss as long you don't come with stupid answers like "shit build" or things like that.
hi im dragon

Stefan wrote:

as long you don't come with stupid answers like "shit build" or things like that.
well then i guess there's nothing much to say
Vulf

Eren Yaeger wrote:

The definition of snowbally top laners? The one I always heard were Renekton and Jax.

Renekton is more of a lane bully that transitions into a tank with a little bit of damage late game. I wouldn't call that snowballing just annoying to lane against.

TKiller wrote:

Had no Renektons in around 20 games. God bless America.
Everyone is playing Jax (when it is't banned) and Ryze is still stupid top. Also Riven and Jarvan are still really good top too.
Stefan

hi im dragon wrote:

Stefan wrote:

as long you don't come with stupid answers like "shit build" or things like that.
well then i guess there's nothing much to say
With that I mean not only to judge this as bad, shit, etc. because he thinks about that. But giving constructive reasons and points in what is wrong.
hi im dragon
i just dont see how sunfire cape can be good on annie
TKiller

hi im dragon wrote:

Tank annie was a thing some time in s1 or even before. When she scaled with levels like crazy that is.
hi im dragon

TKiller wrote:

hi im dragon wrote:

Tank annie was a thing some time in s1 or even before. When she scaled with levels like crazy that is.
yeah i know about that, same with ad annie

but i dont see how the passive is effective on her
Vulf
Annie has always been a tanky mage and still is. You can straight up build her tanky AP items and still melt teams.

RoA
Zhonya's
Rylai's
Abyssal

Late game you will have like 130+ armor and 100ish MR with a little under 3k health with those 4 items.
Stefan
I have to admit that Sunfire Cape on Annie is weird, however it was more efficient due Life/Armor than Rylai's honestly.

Vulf wrote:

Annie has always been a tanky mage and still is. You can straight up build her tanky AP items and still melt teams.

RoA
Zhonya's
Rylai's
Abyssal

Late game you will have like 130+ armor and 100ish MR with a little under 3k health with those 4 items.
I ALWAYS build Annie in a tanky way because it always worked better to me as being Full AP. And with her E she is both, tank-like and strong.
Vulf
There is absolutely no reason to ever build sunfire cape on Annie when Zhonyas exist.
hi im dragon

Vulf wrote:

RoA
Zhonya's
Rylai's
Abyssal

ok thanks for the obvious information?????????????????????????????
show more