forum

League of Legends

posted
Total Posts
show more
Witch Mercy
Is it better to just spam one champion or a variety of champions through ranked?
Vulf
I got gold + last season only playing Warwick in like 30ish total ranked games. So yeah spam one champion to climb.
BrokenArrow
I would say 1 for each role is optimal, maybe 2 in case the other one gets banned/picked beforehand
Or just play a champ that can do well in pretty much any lane like Warwick lol
Justykanna

Graciee wrote:

Is it better to just spam one champion or a variety of champions through ranked?

BrokenArrow wrote:

I would say 1 for each role is optimal, maybe 2 in case the other one gets banned/picked beforehand
Also depends how much experience you have with each lane. And if you like using a champion that's banned a lot like (from what I see anyway) Leona, LeBlanc, Syvana and Vi, for example, have a backup for that too.
If you've been playing normals for a while, maybe have two champions for your preferred lane?
Vulf
1-2 per role is definitely the better option unless you are really good with certain champions.

There are quite a few champions that can play every role decently. Lulu, Kayle, Gangplank, Heimerdinger, Lee Sin, Elise.
I didn't include stuff like Warwick there because if you try to play Adc or support Warwick you will most likely get 4 man reported if you lose the game.

Then you have a bunch of stuff that can play at least 4 roles decently. Jayce, Nidalee, Kennen, Karma, Riven, Maestro Yi.. list goes on.
Elicchi_old
having 1-3 roles is pretty much BnB in ranked. Just as long as you know how every role works, you'll be fine. Climbed my way to Diamond with just Riven, and then learned other champs through matchups and experience.
TKiller
Just play whatever the fuck you want.

Draft-shmaft.
TKiller
Why is Quinn so fun to play, oh my god, she has a move that makes her go into someone's face and out in a single key press. Why would I even need other skills, this is satisfying enough.

GO FOR THE EYES
Witch Mercy
What's the best role and/or champion to carry in solo queue? :V
Navizel
Mid who can snowball e.g. Akali (at least in lower elo) and LeBlanc

or tanky/bruiser top like Jax and Renekton
Vulf
If you are good enough at jungle you can demoralize the enemy team enough to surrender at 20. I did this often when I was low silver last season.
PyaKura
In low elo taking a strong early jungler can be quite devastating (Kha, Udyr, Lee Sin, Xin, and more !) since you can literally walk into the enemy jungle at level 2 (after Blue and big wraith) and destroy the enemy jungler at his red without retaliation 90% of the time, then proceed to get ahead of everyone.
BrokenArrow

Vulf wrote:

If you are good enough at jungle you can demoralize the enemy team enough to surrender at 20. I did this often when I was low silver last season.
This. What experience has taught me is that it's super effctive to camp one specific lane. Gank it over and over and over again, fuck farming and anything else. In result, the enemy laner will be super demoralized/pissed and his team will flame him until he ends up intentionally feeding or going afk. This works from Bronze to Gold. Sure, you might lose pressure on objectives, but most of the time the enemy won't capitalize on it hard enough to make up for effectively a 4v5.
This might not work if your other lanes feed, it'll probably backfire and you will be the one getting blamed. But that's the case anyways if you decide to become a jungler.
Balgon

Graciee wrote:

I carried myself to platinum 1 with spamming riven top but she was more OP at the time.

This was about a year ago. I quit playing ranked seriously after that and stopped playing league 2 months ago
those

Graciee wrote:

With how Feral Flame works right now, Junglers are in a great position to carry. Master Yi is just unstoppable, and Warwick is surprisingly strong.
Hika
Warwick is like invincible now if he gets on some carries but it's not that big of a deal.
I want them to nerf feral flame, pls
tyrael6192

Balgon wrote:

Graciee wrote:

I carried myself to platinum 1 with spamming riven top but she was more OP at the time.

This was about a year ago. I quit playing ranked seriously after that and stopped playing league 2 months ago
at the start of the season i got placed in silver 2, and i got myself back to plat 2 within a week by spamming riven mid

nobody in low elo knows how to deal with it. you can roam into their jungle or bot/top very easily and duel pretty much anyone. mid game you're unstoppable if you got a couple of kills, which really isn't hard with how strong riven is against mid squishies, and late game so long as you stay out of their focus and cc you can just instagib their carries

if you get your mechanics nailed riven is a shitstomper
Vulf
Feral Flare already has nerfs on the PBE and probably more to come. I wouldn't get too comfortable with the junglers abusing it just yet.
Blaziken
Aww, I just decided to go jungle warwick for once. Feral flare allowed me to lifesteal past the tower aggro.
Slith
honestly. with the feral flare up i still don't know how to jungle. especially when i'm under pressure. it's too hard dealing with team mates who flame at you for not ganking and they just overextend. it sucks even if i'm at gold. i already have good positioning and mechanics of all lanes but jungling is not just for me. if i jungle the only champs i can do is lee, vi,j4,kha. just tried shyv but i was more comfortable with her at top. honestly jungling is hard. and i wanna learn it
tyrael6192

Slith wrote:

it's too hard dealing with team mates who flame at you
/mute all
Blaziken
How to jungle:
Play Warwick.
Be placed against people better than you all the time.
Not know how to jungle.

tyrael6192 wrote:

/mute all
Run into a lane and ult the enemy.
Run the fuck away because you just went into a 2v1.
Win the match
Build a feral flare until the nerfs get here. After that, I don't know.

Side note

You need a connection which looks like this for this to work.
Vulf
The current FF nerf is going to hurt Warwick more than the others because he is slower at clearing. Which makes me think they are going to nerf this item a lot more. Yi and Xin are beyond obnoxious when they get this item and they fly through the jungle incredibly fast so the stack transformation increase nerf does little to them.

I don't get why or how people are getting away with sitting in the jungle until this item is stacked. I see this in diamond and challenger games. Warwick is incredibly vulnerable early game as is Yi so you can very easily push them out and steal their buffs and camps which hurts them a lot. Only exception here is Xin and Shaco who have ridiculous early games. I guess people forgot that counter jungling actually hurts a lot of these junglers. God forbid Shyvana and Udyr make a come back. Those two were a living nightmare for me as Warwick back in season 2.
BrokenArrow

Vulf wrote:

I don't get why or how people are getting away with sitting in the jungle until this item is stacked.
That's why I think FF doesn't need further nerfs than already on PBE. Sure it's still strong, but you can punish people using it pretty hard. Even more nerfs will just result in less variety in the jungle and we'll only see Lee/Kha/Elilse/Pantheon/Vi etc. again, which is pretty boring to be honest. As you could see in the Challenger Series, if your team makes sure to pressure the enemy jungler early there isn't much he can do.
Vulf
People don't want to adapt so Riot nerfs shit into oblivion for them. I wouldn't be surprised if some juglers end up getting nerfed because all the lee sin mains are mad they aren't miles above the other junglers anymore. Sadly they are too bad to realize that Lee can just go into their jungle at level 2 and kill both Yi and Warwick. LOL

Honestly the item is a little too strong for the stats it gives. 1650 gold that gives you stats equivalent to botrk and wits end. If I was going to touch the stats I would nerf the on hit heal and have the damage reduction apply to baron like it does to champions. These are by far the most 2 complained things I've seen on both reddit and league forums. Baron should not be soloable by anyone the second it spawns.

I think FF needs to be moved more towards a late-mid game item because it already boils down to the jungler who is ahead with this item will almost always win which is kind of a problem. This is why stuff like BT and Mejais lose stacks on death.
BrokenArrow

Vulf wrote:

People don't want to adapt so Riot nerfs shit into oblivion for them. .
But Riot most of the time balances the game around competetive play, so we're gonna see what effect this item has during the playoffs/allstars.
I agree with the damage reduction point you mentioned, that's gonna make the item a lot more balanced when it comes to those objectives.
Vulf
I think we will see a ton of Xin with Feral Flare in competitive play. He has the least counterplay out of all the junglers that use it.

They do nerf when it comes to solo queue, but it mostly caters to bronze players. See previous Yi, Akali, and Darius nerfs. For the most part though they do nerf for the pro scene, so if your favorite champion is dominating at the LCS you should be concerned for their future.
Miyu
5 won 5 lost got placed into bronze 3 =/ now im trying to get higher then bronze because..obvious reasons,heres my last games after my promotion..luckly there was no trolls! couldn't be more thankful for that lol

TKiller
Oh my god, why am I not jungling Aatrox every single game, I forgot he exists at all.
BrokenArrow
Bought Shyvana today because I got completely stomped by a jungle Shyv as Yi yesterday. Wasn't pretty at all, her early dueling power is damn high.
Results will follow tomorrow.
P r o m i s e s
I had a jungle Shyvana in my team today who refused to take smite because she said that she wouldn't need it... She also refused to build tanky and proceeded to buy a Bloodthister, phantom dancer, statikk shiv and berserker greaves :/. Also, like 3 dragon's got stolen away from us because we had no jungler with smite.
This person played terrible and according to that person he/she was trying his/her best, lol.
I'm never gonna get out Silver 2 if I'm gonna continue having teams like this.
VoidnOwO
:)
Vulf
Did everyone forget how horrifying jungle Shyvana was in season 2? I kinda don't want that to come back.
Elicchi_old

Vulf wrote:

Did everyone forget how horrifying jungle Shyvana was in season 2? I kinda don't want that to come back.
I know that feel. jungle Shyvana with exhaust. it's so frustrating to play against.
Seph
RIP U.R.F.

I never liked you anyway :D
Navizel
It was fun at the start. Just like any other things that became popular.
Justykanna

Vulf wrote:

I think we will see a ton of Xin with Feral Flare in competitive play.
As long as he doesn't start getting banned like half the other champions I see getting banned because people in pro use them... (ie: Kayle, LeBlanc, Renekton)
-_-
Yasen Baka
After playing just purely URF matches for over a week, it feels weird to adjust to the original cooldowns.
ItsukiKun
I just feel weird not being able to teleport to lane every time I go back to base.
[- Alex -]

MetalGearSnake wrote:

After playing just purely URF matches for over a week, it feels weird to adjust to the original cooldowns.

Same , my Zed skills are now "Thresh" ........ But was worth , URF is to fun , and one for all with urf is what i want now. RITO PLS
show more